Will you be sad when the Jetsons' food machine makes cooking obsolete? Because I will be

Will you be sad when the Jetsons' food machine makes cooking obsolete? Because I will be.

No, because I'll be dead.

But, theoretically, if they were invented in my lifetime I'd just join the hipsters who insist on doing it the "authentic" way.

But your kids and grandkids will make fun of you, and you'll have to live with the fact that you're expending more effort to achieve inferior results.
I just think some part of my humanity will die. I guess it's true of any task humans do now that can be replaced, but for some reason this just hits me harder.

Inferior? Imperfections give life its texture.

As for having kids and grandkids, haha. Good one.

>implying that will happen

Cooking is part of human nature. Even if we don't eat the food, people are still fascinated by how it's made, how to improve it, how to make new dishes. Sure, people are eating cheap and microwavable meals now, but that's due to lack of time and willingness to learn. But even those people will appreciate good cooking. There's a reason there's a billion cooking shows.

Someone still had to cook it to dehyrayed it , even to a point. And restaurants too

>implying replicators are a bad thing

It's not rehydrated. It's 3D printed.

this, not only is having kids awful, its socially irresponsibl.e

> implying people arent just tuning in to watch giadas tits

Dude fuck the jetsons.

Negative. The Jetsons gave young children hope. There were no black people in the future.

The fuck is flying pizza?

>flying pizza

what?

You're mispronouncing it.

But it already has begun. It's called hot pockets. All you have to do is press start.

The pizza would come flying out of the machine toward your plate, but that irascible Elroy ("his boy, Elroy") would take a bit out of it before it landed on the plate much to George's ("Meet George Jetson") lament though Elroy's Mom and his sister ("Daughter Judy, Jane his wife!") would find hilarious.

Excellent synopses

in modern day it would be His Wife's Son Elroy

nice touch

>but that irascible

irrepressible would be better
Elroy was pretty good natured and fun loving much like his dog (I ruv you Rorge), Astro

irresprsible

I think they'll be a great step forward in human advancement. They'll remove the issue of hunger from the equation because they replicate shit, and don't use unnecessary resources (besides an undefined "matter" I guess)

It'd allow us to truly tap into cooking. We wouldn't need to design filling meals, we could design food to pack the most flavor in a contained portion as possible. Or we could design full meals just to experiment with flavor. We'd no longer need to worry about "wasting" food. Cooking would truly be the passion it deserves instead of a survival tool foremost, and passion second for such a large majority of the world.

ill be even fatter than I am now

I might even reach 1000 pounds

t. nu-male

it's like a pizza. but flying.

We're already there, it's just a two step process instead of one step. Instead of just pushing a button you have to take the prepared meal out of the freezer, put it in the microwave then push the button.

You don't remember The Jetsons very well. You weren't just provided a meal. Jetsons food was totally custom designed at your whim.

When you look at the staggering variety of prepared foods available at an upscale supermarket I'd still argue we're already there.

Is that a fucking punch card?

>people cook out of necessity and not from pleasure

It's why artisans and craft masters have pretty much died out after the industrial revolution. It's why pre-cooked, microwaveable food has kiiled the homecook.

If it's actually superior to what I can make at home, then no. I don't foresee that happening for a long time, though.

Of course it is. How else would you use a computer? Duh.

>microwaveable food has kiiled the homecook.
As a matter of necessity I agree with you. Today the home cook is either Rachel Ray or a hobbyist. The latter is often middle-aged and affluent, having the money to buy good ingredients and the time to fuck around in the kitchen. Those home cooks are usually pretty good.

If that thing gets invented you just know the options would be McDonalds, burguer King, Wendy's, taco Bell, dominos and KFC.
I wonder if I will still have to pay full price for it if I'm the one paying for the costs of making it and the ingredients.
Meh some Russian will hack them

>food replicator that runs on Fortran

Man, they really had a shitty vision of the future

does that machine make authentic Irish Stew?

Yes but they lost the card for soda bread.

>flying pizza
Holy fucking shit what's happening

God, Judy Jetson was fucking hot. And look at that midriff-baring shirt. She was probably a slut with all the hot young spacemen.

No one concerned about the van setting?

Looks like Elroy carried his lunch to school.
I wonder what his Mom (Jane) packed for him or did Rosie pack the Jestson kids' lunches?

I'm betting there's some Go-gurt (future-style) in there.

>stating