Today we are gonna try and make tea smoked duck... INDOORS!!!!!!!!!1

today we are gonna try and make tea smoked duck... INDOORS!!!!!!!!!1

chop up a bunch of garlic and ginger

get some rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil

add a healthy amount of soy sauce, a big splash of the rice wine and a teensy bit of sesame oil, about a teaspoonful because its some strong stuff

decorate your duck breast, meat side! with your ginger and garlic

wrap it up, let it chill in the fridge

see you in a few hours cu/ck/s

eat a raw egg for us to pass the time

Hurry up, I'm hungry now.

actually, that was pretty harsh, I take it back. I still hope you feel bad about yourself though.

did you not read the thread fucktard

Stfu faggot

oh fug

>cuck detected

What juicy comment did I miss out on?

(Dead)
fuck u fuck u fuck u

user mistook the ginger in for pineapple slices and lost his autism

He was pretty fucking rude/offensive the way he said it though.

kek

So much politickin in a tea smoked duck thread!

I'm divided on whether or not people should create the threads after they have completed the recipe or as they go

clearly after if you don't want to wind up with this travesty of a thread

both are good
I've never been good at doing a cook along, though.

It's a great thread you noob.

thread's fucking shit

You get rice, brown sugar and black tea

200g each of rice and sugar, 70g of tea in the baking tin double lined with foil

Mix and set on stove at medium heat until it starts to smoke

Duck in, tent with foil
Make sure the smoke can circulate

Seal the duck tomb and let it smoke for 15 minutes

I lost interest hours ago

Smoked

Crisp up the skin in a pan

Slice and serve

Jack, is that you? Please don't give yourself any more diseases from eating uncooked meat,

Plated some up for the neighbours

It tastes very strongly of tea. If you want it cooked beyond medium rare finish it in the oven

Looks good user. Never tried duck before.

Thank you! Duck is quite strong tasting, like if beef was a bird. I love the skin and fat mostly.

Looks good. I'm going to try the "smoking" for other stuff in the future.

borneo i know you mean well but you don't fucking do this to poultry

please stick that under a grill for 5 minutes

Thanks, I'm doing pork belly right now. If you use this method i suggest keeping the smoke time low or the smoke taste will get too overwhelming.

duck is fine rare, the meat is dense like beef so you only need to cook the outside

looks raw and slimy, senpai

Duck has a disgusting texture and flavour, as if a fish and a chicken had a bastard child

You only risk salmonella if you buy cheep poultry

Which is why well-done is the only answer to how to cook duck.

2/10 OP, nice attempt but even the Chinese make better duck than you.

Not to mention that he didn't pull out the remaining feathers on the skin. 1/10

>Duck has a disgusting texture and flavour

unsubscribed

You guys are cunts, this looks good

>even the Chinese
Chinese make better duck than the french m8

I meant my local fastfood Chinese restaurant user.

thanks, the neighbours liked it :)

Smoked some Pork belly as well since I didn't want the setup going to waste

> he
welcome, newfriend

Looks tasty OP, ignore all those retards who cried "raw". Obviously they've never made or had duck before.

>undercooking poultry

smart

I understand since most users are american and they don't really have access to duck

the pork belly was amazing too, like smoked bacon but not salty
had to peel off the skin before eating though

>Cheep poultry

Nice one

I have to say that is a beautiful head of garlic.
Your duck looks nice, too. Is it a specific breed or just raising method that makes it so pink? Most of the duck breast I get is very dark red.

I like my garlic with a pink blush too

its just regular ole duck from the store, but it's been very lightly cooked from the smoking so its paler

you cna see it more pink in this pic, and i served it with garlic caramelised in its own fat

I order tea-smoked duck every time I eat at my local Sichuanese, so fuck everyone who's salty about not knowing what perfectly delicious duck looks like.

Would darken the skin a bit more for personal preference, but would happily destroy it with my mouth.

Only one point of criticism-- you ought to be more careful about taking care of leftover feather stubble.

amen brother

>Only one point of criticism-- you ought to be more careful about taking care of leftover feather stubble.
Fair enough, I normally ignore it since i find it doesnt affect taste or texture

Duck is God-tier food. If a capable restaurant has duck I will almost always get it.
Oh and of course duck fat is the lord of all fats. Potato cooked or fried in it is beyond delicious

Pork belly and duck laying around. Feeding the neighbors.
Can I live next to you OP?

>whiteknighting for roastie
Welcome nu-cuck

when i roast anything in the oven i slather it in duck fat and it crisps up so beautifully

delicious food is even better when shared!

>nu-cuck
what?

a special level of cuck

Faggot.

Are you incapable of realizing that "nu-cuck" is a combination of "numale" and "cuckold"? If so, why?

>numale
Wtf is that? I've never seen this phrase in my life

Looks really good. Will try.

Need to cook that fat off more.

I advise you not to smoke it for too long or it may come out too strongly flavoured. Cook it the rest of the way in the oven.

but the fat is the best part

I meant even compared to the raw pics. Most of the duck breast I get around here is very dark red. I have some, but I cryovacced and froze it.

he's right about rendering the fat. you did a really good job but to make the thing world-class, you need to get the skin as thin as glass.

nonetheless, I do enjoy a bit of the chewy fat on a duck breast, so I would still personally give this an 8/10.

I'm just curious: smoking food in the kitchen is a pretty surefire way to set off a smoke alarm, yeah? do you live in a house or apt? how much of the smoke escaped?

to everybody itt: you're supposed to cook duck breast medium-rare. duck breast is the steak of the poultry world.

it's like cooking pigeon. if you cook it past medium it turns livery and disgusting.

It looked dark red when it was raw in the box. Must be some chemistry shit gone on.

I invented my own recipe where I slice the skin into strips, render out the fat slowly then deep fry the strips in their own fat until you get duck cracklings. Love the skin in all forms, chewy or crisp.

I thought so too, but I opened all the windows in my flat and turned the stove hood ventilator thing up to max. Positioned the setup so the smoke went right into the hood. Whole flat smelled like burning even from my bedroom after 2 hours but smoke alarm didn't even let out a peep. I even pre-warned my neighbours about possibly setting off the fire alarm.

hear, hear

looks disgusting

that fat must be crisped

crisp urself then scrub

Looks disgusting. Sorry OP