If you do this in my sushi bar, I will kindly ask you to GTFO

if you do this in my sushi bar, I will kindly ask you to GTFO.

Other urls found in this thread:

japantoday.com/category/opinions/view/the-rules-of-sushi
youtube.com/watch?v=bc6v8IUe_0g
youtube.com/watch?v=5QKsAHVRQU8
youtube.com/watch?v=8CoaHd9EoAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You would stammer, mutter and mumble. Everyone would end up laughing at you.

but thats how you do it faggot

When I was 4 my dad told me we were going to meet a ranger. I was so fucking excited. I imagined it would be a power ranger. I was hoping for the blue one but I would be happy even if it was the pink ranger.

So my dad put snow shoes on me and we hiked out into the taiga for hours and waited by a shitty wooden cabin for a while. Then a fucking forest ranger pulls up on a snowmobile with his stupid Smoky the Bear hat and says he's the ranger. I yelled at the motherfucker that he was no ranger. I was upset for weeks.

japantoday.com/category/opinions/view/the-rules-of-sushi

>To mix or not to mix? The correct technique is to place a small amount of wasabi on each piece of sushi with your chopstick before eating. These days it is quite common for people outside of Japan to mix their wasabi in soy sauce as a dipping sauce for the sushi. I tend to do this myself and although not technically correct, it is acceptable.

So you can do it, but people who know will snigger at you behind your back.

Is that Alex jones

he might be morphin later :(

but you don't have a sushi bar, user

if the chef decided it needs wasabi, he will add it before serving it to you.

also I've seen plenty of japanese people add it to the soy sauce.

Bullshit. My ex-gf is a jap and she told me nobody gives a fuck about that in Kyoto

No faggot a good sushi place will put the sushi on the inside, if they you're supposed to put it in the inside

>ex-gf

Why's that?

>if they you're supposed to put it in the inside

How to eat sushi

- mix wasabi with soy sauce to use as dip
- ask for a fork, or alternatively stick the chopstick into the sushi
- dip half of the sushi in wasabi, take a bite
- to improve flavor / avoid parasite infection ask for the chef to toss the fish on the grill first

>if the chef decided it needs wasabi, he will add it before serving it to you.

Sure. That's why it's served with wasabi on the side, so that you never use it.

Likewise if the chef decides it needs soy sauce, he'll dip if before he serves it to you, and the soy sauce on the side should absolutely never be used.

>there are people in this world that genuinely care about how you eat your wasabi, to the point that they get emotional over it

that's your mother's husband.

Welcome to Veeky Forums, where everyone is an elitist asshole about how other people like their food.

Basically the reason most people here have no friends.

Oh user you're so funny!

I said a good sushi place. A crappy place or a family sushi restaurant won't because of pussies that complain about a little bit of spice

Who cares? It's fast food.

>I have to use every condiment provided all at once

american detected.

Turned out I'm gay and need to confront that. It sucks desu

I could eat my sushi with a fork and not a single one of you five foot talk slants working at a sushi shop would say a God damn thing to me.

why would you choose to be a poofter?

Kill yourselves desu, do you know how autistic you sound?

thanks for the laugh i had.

My life was too good so I decided to run it into the ground

my fists are too small for her now.

you are a big dum dum
holy shit. someone in this thread who has had ACUTAL contact with japs.
Some members of my family are from japan and NOBODY CARES.
The only people who care a weaboos who make up dumbass rules on how to eat food.
You are NOT Japanese
Japs laugh at you for trying to bring your fat/ugly PASTY ass into their culture.

user nobody would actually give a shit irl. You've been on the internet a lot, haven't you?

youtube.com/watch?v=bc6v8IUe_0g

And now you know.

I wouldn't waste hon-wasabi like that ever, but if it's just flavored horseradish who gives a shit.

>bends over backwards to twist words for the purpose of making a "hurr muricans" shitpost

Board cancer detected

There is a difference between trade-tier and craft-tier food establishments. Think of it as the difference between a short order diner and a tasting menu that costs $75.

In the first case, the customer is there to get a full belly with whatever they personally like, and anything can be ordered and prepared to their liking. You won't see a suggested soft drink pairing with a big mac. In fact isn't burger king's slogan "have it your way"? The point is the customer is always right.

In the second case, the food that you are paying for is more about the experience. You are paying for the chef's skill in obtaining the best ingredients and preparing them well in a way that entertains you. You may do so if you like, but slathering a 30 day dry aged USDA prime NY strip steak in A1 steak sauce should be considered a crime against humanity.

So the point that this other guy and others ITT are making is that a good sushi chef will add wasabi and whatever sauce they want if they feel the sushi requires it. You don't see wasabi and soy at Jiro's joint, just pickled ginger to cleanse your palate between bites. If you do find dipping sauce and wasabi on your plate it is likely that you are at a place designed to appeal to the most people possible for the purpose of keeping butts in seats with people who want it their way because they are paying for a meal, not art.

Call it pretentious if you will (because it is) but a little pretension is required to guard the truly skilled artists out there and those who have the means and desire to support them. It applies well beyond food, from welding to film. Wes Anderson didn't make a movie that made money for 10 years and kept getting deals because people believed in his work.

Hey man at least you found out at that point. My best friend's dad came out and divorced his wife while they still had 2 kids in college to start plugging twinks in Miami. Damn near ruined the family completely

you do realise that japanese people dont actually give a shit and the only people who care are faggot white Nweeaboos

Per my boze buddy "if you wanna do it properly, add a little wasabi to each piece"

Said immediately prior to him mixing it into the soy sauce and pouring it over his kaisendon.

Polite practices and reality don't always play nice.

I don't normally eat up at the bar but I once had the guy reach over and put the wasabi in my sauce

so, checkmate I guess

I agree but with that being said, it is a nice coincidence that you used a fast food example because sushi literally has fast food status and even the Nips will tell you that

>random fucker at a sushi bar dumps wasabi in your soy sauce

y-you too...

>All at once

No one said "all at once" you colossal spastic. Please go back to whatever shit-stain third world English school you go to and learn to read.

what an asshole

where do you get real wasabi? even the "fancy sushi place" in my area uses horseradish paste imitations, maybe its bc im in the suburbs. i am still not sure that ive ever tried the real thing or not

Am I the only one that thinks soy sauce is fucking gross?

Sushi tastes fine on its own. Why are you trying to ruin it?

I think he was making fun of your shit grammar. I still can't figure out what you meant to say

If the sushi/nigiri is made right, it doesn't need any wasabi anyway.

the only exception to this is when pickled wasabi is served on the side of a sashimi or chirashi dish.

Now, the ginger, that's another story. You need that to cleanse your palate.

Agreed.

youtube.com/watch?v=5QKsAHVRQU8

Ways to put your own restaurant out of business
I was a cutsman for 5 years and half of all sushi patrons do this

m8 I don't care how a bunch of sniveling japs think i should eat the food.

I paid for. It's mine now. Unless I'm eating it IN Japan why the fuck would I care about their customary practices?

Food isn't something that has 'rules'. You just eat shit that you like.

>You just eat shit that you like.

I agree. Who the fuck likes wasabi overpowering the taste of the fish?

Wasabi doesn't overpower anything in sushi. It hits different taste buds, flares your sinuses, and complements the entire experience perfectly.

Soy sauce, on the other hand, fucks everything up. Turns it into a salt lick.

What the fuck are you talking about? My Japanese friends do this all the time.

You guys know it's not actually wasabi right?

You know sushi isn't actually seaweed, right?

You know you're not special for knowing that and bringing it up, right?

You just letting off steam about that now?

All you weebs realise this a common practice amongst Japs?

You were a dumb fucking kid

but that's exactly how the japanese eat their sushi

No you won't
Actually
You're probably the kind of faggot who always get takeout sushi cuz you can't bear being seen eating alone

Oh god I feel sorry for that fucker
He's so fat, ugly and grotesque, he'll probably never get a girl thin enough he could put his arms around
His lack of self esteem probably also will hinder his life goals and he'll be some schmuck in a dead end job

>psychological projection

I just watched pic related last night (5/10 pretty gay) and i know it's a movie but the sushi chef who is japanese instructs her to mix the wasabi and soy

Why do people have such unsatisfying lives they have to micromanage the way other people eat on this level?

From the look of him I do not think he cares about any of that, he will be happy playing with lego and eating crayons.

I bet you also cut the crusts off your sandwiches.

who needs wa
sabi and soy sauce when you have ranch dressing

you wouldn't do shit

I like the crusts but I live an incredibly fulfilling life not worrying about what other people are doing with their goddam crusts or wasabi. Even if you're butt ugly they're are more exciting things to get mad about on the internet.

I'd like to eat her sushi.

>Some members of my family are from japan
Settle down you fuckin haffu

>autistic faggot white weeaboos have invented a religion around peasant food invented to keep fish from rotting too badly
>Actual Japs just shrug at silly white people but their money spends good

The world would be a better place with fewer people like you. High standards should be demanded in all facets of the world.

mostly because you retards don't know what you're doing when it comes to raw foods and don't know how much good fish your wasting by washing away the flavor with too much sauce or wasabi and ginger.

Fish are a dying species so we do have the right to be upset you are wasting it.

Japanese market.

I buy pickled wasabi there, it comes in frozen packets from Japan. It's the tits.

You will do no such thing, go back to serving me or I won't subsidize your pay, as a material of fact you have upset me. Tell your wife to put in mire hours at yhe corner and that won't be bringing a full paycheck this week

Kick out people who think they can tell paying customers how to eat their food? Yeah I would kick out twats like that too.

What the fuck are you talking about, you autistic child?

The only way to know for a fact that you're getting the real thing is to watch someone actually grate a wasabi root right in front of you.

if people stopped catching fish for three years every twenty years, we would never ever run out of fish

This mofo knows whats up

I just put soy sauce in the tiny plate, put a piece of shushu inside and mix until its one thing and eat with a spoon

None of you stupid motherfuckers have ever had real wasabi before.

Hey man, I know that feel - same shit happened to me

Are you saying real wasabi should be mixed in soy sauce?

Nobody likes the Blue Ranger. Not even the rest of the cast of Power Rangers.

What a fag.

No.

It's bad practice to mix wasabi in soy sauce.

But it's not bad practice to mix this horseradish, food coloring mix in with soy sauce.

It's like people yelling "YOU SHOULDN'T PUT KETCHUP ON STEAK" while watching people eat a frozen hamburger

And every fisherman in the world goes bankrupt, there is always a downside.

I disagree. It's not like that at all. Just because imitation wasabi is all you have is no reason to be a boor.

>I will kindly ask you to GTFO.

Sweet. I will kindly not pay for my food.

Excuse me, but I certainly have.
Which is one reason I never eat the green paste.

It's understandable for cases like Jiro. For someone to dedicate his entire life to perfecting a dish, only to see Americans come in and mix their Wasabi or leave the sushi rice on their plate, of course he's going to kick them out. If you're going to partake in that experience you should show as much respect and reverence to the food as the chef.

People on Veeky Forums though are just being raging autists.

Am I the only one thinking it is a bait or what?

Serve me real wasabi then.

I'll continue to mix soy sauce and green dyed horseradish until then.

Why are you so keen to mix them? It's nicer when you don't.

>Oh god I feel sorry for that fucker
>he posted on the cooking forum of the website Veeky Forums

I only post here ironically. I feel sorry for people like you, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=8CoaHd9EoAM