This is a thread dedicated to the mighty chicken wing

This is a thread dedicated to the mighty chicken wing.
Post your favourite way of cooking them here. I'm Scottish so have no doubt you guys will have something to say about my method/ingredients but I like them the way I do them.
I'm open to new suggestions though as Americans are good at this kind of thing.
Pic related- how mine look when done.

I use franks hot sauce, celery salt,garlic.powder and cayenne pepper for my initial marinade.
Half a bottle of franks
1.5 tablespoon of celery salt
2table spoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of cayenne
A couple of tablespoons of cider vinegar. -I've ran out of that so am using white wine vinegar for this batch.

Blend all those ingredients in a bowl.

The wings

Best way is to smoke them then deep fry remove them and deep fry again. I use Louisiana butter cayenne pepper Worcestershire and garlic.

Sounds delicious user.

I use this knife to prick the skin all over to help render the fat when they fry. This gets a nice crispy skin.

Leave them to marinate for a few hours or even better overnight.
These have been marinating for a few hours so gonna cook them up really soon and I'll show you my coating sauce.

The wings again
They seem pricey for what they are but they eat well and are a decent size.

baking powder, bake, sauce after, wala

We're frying now..
Time to make my after sauce

Everything in the pic goes in plus a bit of melted butter.

Sauce is done. only takes about 5 mins to make. I put loads of vinegar in it then balance with maple syrup.
Tastes amazing.
Just waiting on the wings now. Fry them in batches of 5.

People are gonna bash on you for the maple thing, but I think that sounds good as fuck if it's only a little.

Yeah I know.
Whatever tastes good though. I used to make them to the buffalo recipe but I love the different flavours in my sauce.
Maple syrup is quite a common partner for chicken wings. The toasted sesame oil is a nice flavour too. I add it to a lot of stuff.
Well,that's them done so I'm going to chow down. Put a wee bit of home made cheese and chive dip on the side to take the heat off. I used a fair bit of cayenne in the after sauce.
Laters.

grilled hotwings
literally the only good way to do it desu

No chicken wing fans here then huh?
Have I offended you all with my recipe?

whadda you guys think about baking them on a rack instead of frying them?

or Alton brown's method where he steams them first

classic hot buffalo > super hot buffalo > garlic parm > teriyaki > ultra mega ghosthabscorpion meme hot > mild > BBQ > curry > any other strange concoction of sauces > lemon pepper > tendies

yes.

You are responsible for the murder of about 9 beautiful chickens you uncaring monster

I've tried that before but can't seem to get the skin the way I like it.
I only eat them once every few weeks or so.

>whadda you guys think about baking them on a rack instead of frying them?

Seems silly. That takes a lot longer than frying and it doesn't create as good a crispy texture on the outside of the wing.

>or Alton brown's method where he steams them first

Sure, that's pretty common. The idea is to cook the wing at least partially in advance, then you finish them up by frying. The reason for doing this is because the time it takes to cook the wings through is a lot longer than the time it takes to get an ideal crispy coating on them. By starting the cooking in advance it makes it easier to get a good coating without risk of overcooking the batter/breading/etc.

They were beautiful indeed.
Tasted great.

the justification for baking is that they already have a lot of fat on them which would render and essentially they fry themselves in the oven

Speaking of wings, what do you guys think about BWW? I really like their spicy garlic sauce so I buy a bottle of it.

Hooters is better

>chicken wing
This is a memefood, a worse offender than bacon.

There is literally less than a teaspoon of meat on each wing, it's 40% bone, 40% skin, 10% gristle, 10% meat.

Why do you even buy them?

>6 wings
>12g of meat
>That'll be $5.99 + tip

fatty detected
i'll bet you don't eat soup or vegetables

You don't eat only one in one sitting you retard
6 wings, plus celery and maybe a beer is a based meal

Good shit OP, those look delicious as fuck

Now I'm hungry

i usualy buy 2kg for my bf and me, honey soy sauce glaze mmm

>me
to clarify things i'm 168cm/53kg female and he is 180/69kg male

yes we love wings

1kg = 199 dinars
1€ = 120 dinars

do math

Op here.
Why do I buy them? Because I enjoy eating them obviously.

What's all this with "hurr Durr meme food"
I see it a lot on here. What do you eat you hipster faggot?

>What's all this with "hurr Durr meme food"
Veeky Forums is the worst board. It's a handful of autists with nothing else they'd rather do with their time than spout this crap. They have no interest in the board's subject whatsoever, it's just that the lack of moderation here makes their autism not only possible, but implicitly encouraged.

And then, I assume, there are a few people who occasionally participate in on-topic threads who do this shit because they don't have a real sense of humor and they're aping what they see.

I want to murder every fuckwit who thinks blurry 4K 3MB hyper-pixel phone camera shit has any place online.

I like that this upsets you.
Stay mad faggot.

>can't use a computer beyond the ability of a 6 year old

>le troled hard!!!

>dinars
Derk derka?

>can't tell that the photos were uploaded using a phone instead of a computer.

Yep.. You trolled me hard.

>dinars

just for starters your coating sauce is too thin. use cornstarch to thicken it.

will say more later.

I typically just deep fry them and cover in Frank's with butter, or I brine, cover in dry rub, smoke and then finish with bbq sauce

I just steam them then bake them then toss them in hot sauce.
It seems like the easiest and healthiest way.

It sticks to the wings quite nicely. I reduce the sauce a fair bit so it's quite thick.

stop using frank's also, it's shit. and the cornstarch is not to cause the sauce to stick to the wings.

Reach down and check your scrotum. Notice how your balls are tiny?

What's a good sauce then?

The chefsteps recipie is my current favourite for wings. It involves steamin in a pressure cooker so the meat is super tender, and then removing one if the bones so you can eat them really easily.

First an overnight marinade in jerk seasoning.

smoked > fried

Then lay out a bunch of soaked bay leaves in your smoker and put your wings on top of them.

Get your smoke on at about 250 degrees for two hours.

Gratuitous wing shot.

Pull those beautiful brown wings up out of your smoke box.

Now they're fine just like that cause they're all smoky with just a little bit of that jerk flavor in the meat. However, if you want your skin to have a really nice bite to it you can toss it in an oven to finish up or give it a quick dip in some hot oil. Lastly these got brushed with a garlic mango glaze.

>I'm Scottish

Wings, 5 - 7 Old Fishmarket Close, High Street, Edinburgh.

Now.

What's the point of covering your wings in sauce when serving? The skin will get sloppy. Just serve the dip in a separate bowl.

>confirmed for never cooked wings in your life

Pretty shit, your local bar probably has wings twice as good

Fuck I love wings. My favorite preparation is apparently a Vietnamese street food:
-marinade in crushed garlic and fish sauce
-toss in rice flour & deep fry
-cook down some fish sauce, sugar, and whisky to make a thick glaze. toss wings in the glaze
-top with sesame seeds & fine sliced green onions.

Scotland user whereabouts you living?

If you're in Edinburgh go to Wings. It's just off the Royal Mile and has some amazing chicken wings.

they are nothing special but they aren't bad. mango hab is solid. your local bar probably has a menu of 99% frozen/fried foods prepared by a dirty stoner working in a dirty kitchen.

This shit sounds amazing.

It is fucking awesome. The downside is that it takes a bit of practice to get the cooking technique down. The glaze is the hard part: it needs to be partially caramelized for the right flavor, but it can be easy to accidentally overdo that. The amount of fish sauce to use is also critical. Too little and it will taste bland. Too much and it's too salty.

Oh, and you can toss some chilies in there too if you want it spicy.

I prefer to just deep fry them, but usually in the summer I grill and then broil just to eat a bit healthier.

For my sauce I use half a bottle of Frank's Hot Buffalo, about half a stick of butter, garlic powder, Cayenne powder, chili powder, red pepper flakes, basil, and a splash of white vinegar.

i usually just give the wings to my dog

OP here.
Thanks for pics and method.
I like the sound of the glaze. Good shit man.
I'm not into smoked chicken personally but appreciate the contribution.
Probably because of the amount of smoked salmon I eat due to where I live.

I'm in the West coast mate.
Slumming it eating prawns, scallops and venison.
>enter amerifat telling me Scottish only eat deep-fried shit.
I need to get to Edinburgh to try this.
One of my mates said the same thing.
67 types or something?

Sounds good..
Edinburgh prices I bet though.
Thanks for menu m8

You're wife appreciates it I'm sure.

Only decent meat she gets.

what is after sauce?

Clogged arteries.

That's true of local hole in the wall type places that only serve food to soak up the alcohol, but I've got a couple bars around here that serve up legit decent/pretty good food around where I live.

Sounds decent, I usually add brown sugar to round out the spiciness of my sauce. I'm sure I'll get hate for it but try it sometime

If I want to do that I replace the vinegar with a splash of Coke or Dr. Pepper. A lot of times I just want the raw heat. I think soon I'm gonna start working my way up the chain of hot peppers, so next time I might add in finely minced jalapenos.

I don't cook myself often
When I do. I usually marinade over night in tabasco and lemon juice
Flour then fry
I'll add some pepper before eating

looks amazing