So how does the WoW cookbook look?

So how does the WoW cookbook look?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/gm0d2dd0wndzzpd/A_Feast_of_Ice_and_Fire__The_Of_-_Chelsea_Monroe-Cassel.pdf
services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Postbag_13
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's interesting to see something that is essentially banana bread be rated expert
I've no bearings for quality because I don't own it, but it seems okay from that page alone

I'm expecting maybe 3 different meatbread recipes

I love shit like this. Monitoring.

>I'm expecting maybe 3 different meatbread recipes

The hell? What recipes are rated with an easy skill level? Ice?

A can of Haggis? Is this a fucking joke?

Here's an easy one lol

I laughed, but now I've got a craving for kale chips so I might make them.

And here's the last one

My favorite things in this world are fantasy cookbooks. They're so stupid but I can't NOT buy them.

But, hey, the recipes are actually pretty good most of the time.

Where's that roast chicken recipe

You'll have to wait for October 18th! Pre-order now!

I personally can't wait to pirate it.

>October 18th
That's too fucking long to wait for a chicken recipe, and that pic made me hungry for a good roast chicken

Looks like I'm getting a rotisserie from Costco

The honey was burning, so I took them out early. The reason they're so deformed is that they were too sticky to lay out flat.

Also, some of them are radish greens instead of kale because I didn't have much kale.

They taste like sweet kale chips, unsurprisingly.

Neat.

I actually like kale, so I may just try it out. Might turn out like honeyed turnip greens, which are good as fuck.

>Cherry Grog

I'll try that.

Nice contriboot, user. Would you recommend them?

Fantasy food sounds so fun. I've always wanted to learn how to theme my dishes like that.

These WoW recipies seem pretty simple, but that photography is 10/10.

I still prefer them with just oil and salt, but I might make them this way again from time to time. I might also try halving the ratio of honey next time.

I like how they put microgreens on their Scottish sloppy joes. Really classes it up. Must be where the expertise comes in.

These skill levels are all over the place, shit on a shingle is harder to make than pastries?

I'm curious, but I wouldn't buy it. Nostalgia isn't that good,

Thanks for posting these user. I seemed to have lost them in my last HD wipe.

anyone have the GoT cookbook?

I lost it when my other harddrive failed

>cocktails
fuck yeah post as many of these as you can

>can of haggis

Motherfucker what?

what's the pear for in the ambrosia

should be readily torrentable, took me 30s to get it. I liked the concepts, have you tried the recipes? If so, were they tasty? I guess the breakfast combos are quite easy.

Judging from the picture I assume you put it inside whatever container you'll be storing the ambrosia in. I guess they forgot to mention that.

It's just rum punch. Grog is warm.

>1/4 cup maple syrup

Seems a little much for one drink.

>Garnish with lime
>Picture shows a lemon

it literally says for three servings you fucking idiot

Oh, I completely missed that part.

cant wait for the recipe for [Delicious Cave Mold]

>this recipe is not for the faint hearted
Meat sandwich, with cheese and onions.
I didn't realize Subway is only for the brave.

The justified text in this thing is driving me insane.
>Oftenpeddledbyfungusvendors,thesehighlynutritious
Urgh.

>chili
>expert level

I suspect they're using WoW profession levels for the difficulty rating, which makes "Expert" something like four out of ten.

>>Oftenpeddledbyfungusvendors,thesehighlynutritious

oh jezus christ

the fucking shilling and merchandising of geek shit is just fucking appalling. I am more disturbed about this than just about anything else stupid and wreckless that the human race is engaged in..

why?

Because the fucking freaks and geeks are suppsed to be the introverted smart people... and this is what they spend their money on?

Fuck freaks and geeks and nerds if this is how they act when they get a little money. no better than the fucking black people that buy grills and rimz...

fucking geek culture is the same fail as is thug culture... they are both cultures of acting retarded just to try and impress other losers in that culture.

at least the rest of the retarded shit that human beings are doing is in the name of something worthwhile... this is just rampant consumerism.

For a second there, I thought it was Thai pork toast.

This reminds me of the Star Wars Cook Book.
Hopefully there will be actual recipes instead of just meme food.

Only retards spend their money on this shit user, calm your autism

It reminds me of old 50's cook books that I've read.

Some of this stuff would be good for a dish if you substituted just....about everything.

Men took over cooking just because they could and their female dog slosh wasn't acceptable anymore. Cook a fucking potato wedge or something. For fucks sake.

Drug-addled cooking isn't acceptable anymore and coop cooking has become a thing.

Do I have to kill birds to loot eggs to cook and work my way up?

Post more cocktails. Why did you stop?

no more previews the book isnt out

savory deviate delight will never be real

just kill me yarrrrrrr

Runescape cookbook when?

>make a fire out side in the middle of a busy street
>stick a chicken in there
>perfect roast chicken every time

most of runescape's foods are simple as fuck

now a GNOME CUISINE cookbook is right the fuck up my alley

I mean I could do a thread on friday for one of the recipes for you if you pick one (I cna't get toads legs so I'll probs substitute if you pick that)

I never got to try this out sadly.
I don't drink anymore. Sounds really good though.

>It's interesting to see something that is essentially banana bread be rated expert

The people that this book will appeal to the most (WoW players) on average probably aren't particularly avid cooks instead living on doritos and instant meals.

>honey-spiced lichen
>isn't made with lichen at all

I want my money back.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

mediafire.com/download/gm0d2dd0wndzzpd/A_Feast_of_Ice_and_Fire__The_Of_-_Chelsea_Monroe-Cassel.pdf

Aren't all the gnome cocktails just different kinds of bubble tea?

>"a small amount of __"
What kind of piece of shit would do that

Use your judgement.
Allah gave you a brain for a reason.

Not at all!
They're actual alcoholic concoctions.
No mentions of tapioca (or RS equivalent) in any of the recipes.

Runescape had some really cool food but almost all of it was useless since people just dumped lobsters and sharks in fires and that was it.

why are there no spaces between some of the words? what the fuck

the only thing I can think of are pies/potatoes that involved more than 'cook on a fire'

then like I mentioned, gnome cooking which involved cooking separate items and combining them, then cooking and topping all in individual steps.

Yeah I was thinking about that too. But gone cooking had more variety. Also the ales were cool.

>'rocks glasses'
medium-grade triggered

Anyone got a pdf of the Redwall cookbook?

I think it's nostalgia you're feeling user

but yeah I felt like the only person who actually BREWED ales before construction came out and everyone wanted the highest tier barrel in their house....

>honey spiced lichen
Oh man, of all the food in WoW, this has to be the one my characters ate the most of

I haven't played wow since literal vanilla
I remember the night elf vendor having some mushroom rice thing that looked really fucking good

some of wow's food looked legit delectable.

Oh without a doubt, I can't see a Runescape mention without feeling nostalgic. But yeah looking back the food really did have less variety than what I remember. I always loved fantasy ales though, I only wished RS had more of them, hell I think I even emailed Jagex once suggesting making more brews.

Not to speak of all the different kinds of beer, ales, wines, cocktails and meads. Those seem really fucking good

I own the "Feast of ice and fire" book and the recipes are great with some interesting takes on classics add to the fact it gave you both modern and medieval versions of some recipes it's a solid book. needless to say I am excited for this book. Ironforge rations sounds like a neat meatbread/sloppy joe recipe and that chicken looks dank.

sign me up

>All dem ingredients to make sedentary WoW players even fatter

Dog bleds ameriga

>No Noggenfogger recipe

dropped.

shitpoor typesetting

Go back to drudge, faglord

Maybe they meant heart disease?

>recipe for a drink that turns you into a skeleton
I wonder why that wasn't included

>not wanting to take the risk of either turning into helium, becoming 5 inches tall or death
So fucking worth

It's because of the haggis. Not sure if shit-posting bit either way, you're a faggot

Well I can tell you you weren't the only one. I thought it was cool as fuck that you could grow your own hops and make your own beers. I had so much chef's delight stocked up I made a killing when construction came out. I can directly trace my interest in cooking and making my own beer to playing runescape as a 12 year old which is kind of embarrassing when I think about it.

I dunno when this book was written, but by now experts gotta be like the 4th or 5th rank out of like 10-15. Now it's like megasupermasterartisan

I actually find it a bit upsetting that there's no real challenging foods. Perfect way to make neckbeards build a skill, wasted

>2006+10
>themed food that isn't GoT based

what is this???

There was an actual jagex published redberry pie recipe I saved like in 2007, I'll upload it when I get home.

Seconding
I've been looking for this shit for the longest time

Honestly, I think that this chick did a pretty good job here. Books like these are an obvious cash-grab, just like those "___ TV show and philosophy" ones they sell at barnes & noble.

I will say that the recipes feel more like foodie hipster in the 21st century meets fantasy world than truly medieval and mythic. Not much originality in terms of the actual recipes.

That actually seems pretty solid and reasonably researched.

Alright i'm back and here it is:

How to cook your own redberry pie

Note: If you don't have level 99 Cooking in real life, make sure you have your own wise old person on hand to keep an eye on things at high temperature.

1 9-inch uncooked pie crust

Filling
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar, plus
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
2-3 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jam

Topping
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cold unsalted butter

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Combine the berries, 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon juice; set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Combine the 3 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and cinnamon in a small bowl.
4. Combine the berry mixture and the cornstarch mixture.
5. Spread the jam inside the pie shell.
6. Transfer the filling to the pie shell.
7. Place the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 25 minutes.
8. To make the topping: combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor.
9. Cut butter into slices and scatter it over the dry mixture; mix with your fingers or two forks until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
10. Dump the crumbs into a large bowl and gently rub between your fingers to make large buttery crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
11. Take pie from oven and lower temp to 190 degrees celsius.
12. Carefully dump the crumbs in the centre of the pie and spread them evenly over the top with your hands.
13. Return pie to oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until juices bubble thickly around the edge of the pie. (Place foil or a baking sheet on the rack below in case the pie bubbles over.)
14. Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cool.
15. Sit back and enjoy the sweet flavour of victory over the stove.

user
You're the best oh my lanta.

No prob bro, it was actually pretty tasty when I made it years ago. I miss when jagex cared about the game. Here's the postbag article where it came from:

services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Postbag_13

I like that. It seems like they actually put a little time and effort into making it a good recipe.

It's actually not. You can't get real haggis in the US. Something about importing sheep stomach, iirc.

>I miss when jagex cared about the game

Feels weird to think its probably been longer that they haven't cared about the game then they have now.

I'm used to the feeling, I used to watch the simpsons.

Decided to go through the other Postbag posts through your link and found another recipe (Postbag 32):

Kebbit Risotto

(Serves 4)

1 cup arborio (medium grain) rice
1 small can concentrated cream of mushroom soup (Campbells or similar)
3/4 pint of chicken stock
4 fl oz milk
2 onions, sliced and fried
1 roast kebbit (or 4 cooked chicken legs if you can't find kebbit) meat chopped into chunks with bones removed
herbs and seasoning to taste

Place all in a large casserole dish in a preheated 400 °F (200 °C or Gas Mark 6) oven for 20 minutes with a lid on. Take out and stir (Careful, it's hot and you might need to ask for assistance). Place back in for 20 minutes. Pick the correct sandwich from the Sandwich Lady's selection, eat sandwich. Take out dish from oven and stir again, it should be getting quite thick and creamy. Place back in for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.

Stir before serving.

If one wanted to replace the can of concentrated cream of mushroom soup, would making your own cream of mushroom soup then boiling it down be sufficient?

Found another one (Postbag 24):

Pumpkin Crunchies

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit)
Ingredients:
2 cups (450g) canned pumpkin
1 and 1/4 cups (250g) brown sugar
1 and 1/4 cups (280g) white sugar
4 cups (440g) flour
1 and 1/4 (280g) cups butter
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
Optional Toppings:
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon more cinnamon
1 generous handful of oatmeal
Nuts and raisins
Directions:
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. (If you are using any of the optional toppings, the ginger, cloves, cinnamon and/or oatmeal should be added to this mixture.) Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture and stir until everything is thoroughly blended. (If you'd like, you can add a cup of nuts or raisins at this point. Pecans or walnuts work quite well in these crunchies.)
For fun:
Cut crunchy dough in a pumpkin shape and use pecans, raisins, chocolate chips to make jack'o'lantern faces.
To bake:
Spoon crunchy dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Make sure you leave space between the crunchies as they spread out when they bake!
Bake at around 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15-20 minutes, or until crunchies are golden brown. Note: it's a good idea to watch your crunchies carefully when they're baking - ovens differ, so yours might bake more quickly or may need an extra few minutes!

MMmmmmm *crunch* mmmmMMMMmmm *munch* mmMMmmmMM *scoff* mmMMmmmmM!