What is the best or your favorite dessert from your country? Mine is pic related or Malna Piskotatekercs...

What is the best or your favorite dessert from your country? Mine is pic related or Malna Piskotatekercs, I'm from Hungary.

Other urls found in this thread:

saveur.com/smith-island-cake-recipe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

carrot

Moldova

At least you're not in transnistria

Nanaimo bars

Banoffee pie.

I really like chocolate, so things like chocolate mousse, and french silk pie are some of my favorites.

I also like tree bark, which is that shit where you lay down some saltines with toffee on the top and then melted chocolate.

I was going to say sugar pie but now I'm unsure... Nanaimo bars are awesome. So are butter tarts hmmmm

Brigadeiro

Brazil

And captcha had a picture of some. Spooky

saveur.com/smith-island-cake-recipe

USA
Sugar and butter

Italy.
Ice cream and sorbet. All of our other desserts are shit.
>inb4 some muh heritage goes on a tirade about cannoli or tiramisu
They're both bad and you should feel bad for liking them.

That's some shit taste my man

OP here went to Venice on Holidays can confirm Italian dessert a shit

Intravenously

Mexico
Tres leches cake

ItaliAnon here. My grandmother was half Hungarian and spoke the language, so I guess I'm a bit muh heritage over Hungarian stuff, though I've never been to Hungary. Welcome to Italy. There's a lot of you people in our borders.

no u

Panna cotta is great though

If you visit just watch out for gypsies I don't know if they are in Italy or not but just be careful around them. Also even though I think I heard something about it not being actually from Italy or something like that your pizza is fucking fantastic

Eh, I'm not a fan, but if you like it, you go ahead and eat it.
I was gonna say that our version of croissants are good, too, but then remembered that they're actually Austrian in origin.

I guess chestnut cake is okay. Oh, and our pies are good. I forgot about our pies. We have the best pies in the whole world, IMO. Pic related: grape pie.

Nothing can top this one.

see

>Grape pie

Gross af

America here, lovin' that Tres Leches cake. Pure 50s nostalgia, that one.

If you'd eat blueberry pie, you ought to have no problem with grape pie. Same idea and both are delicious.
>though I think grape pie is better

America checking in again, and kiwi pie is awesome as well.

Pecan pie from the US.

So wet, so delicious...

The best.

Mississippi mud pie

Chocotorta and panqueques but you could make a case that 'ques are not really ours

Que?

Pecan pie

Dampfnudel (sweet bread roll with salty crust at bottom) with vanilla sauce

Neither is chocolate cake

Whoooeee. I'm from englond, and i can tell you, the closest thing we have to a desert is a boiled pigs nose.

I weep as my country has never created anything delicious or edible for anyone who isn't hardened to this crap.

All the good food is foreign

All these delicious desserts being posted and this fucking German comes in with his prison-style cheap ass dessert.

Australia

fuck off its delicious

Bolinhos de chuva aka rain cakes.

Brasil

Slovenia, Gibanica is pretty damn rad.

Cake isn't really a dessert, though. It's something you have with coffee.

maybe where you live, cake is a dessert in lots of places though my friend

kill yourself

Though originally it's from Portuguese 500 years ago.

rude

I am unable to decide. There is to much....

usually some kind of moist savory pie

Mango infused shaved ice with sweet condensed milk

Also White Russians

Key lime pie

Bolo Rei
Portugal

Leche asada

Halo-Halo

Philippines.

With vanilla ice cream

>pizza as dessert

Literal idiot

What? Is this going to be another one of those deep dish pizza jokes or something? I really don't get it.

>not enjoying chicago style dessert pizza

Called it

same shit with blackberry is infinitely better

What do you do about the seeds? I prefer the flavor of blackberry but the seeds are annoying as fuck.

i like the seeds. i guess that would be a problem if you didn't like them.

personally i find the weird texture of blueberries kind of off putting and enjoy eating blackberries with the seeds

It's delicious with caramelized apples and cinnamon.
More as a meal though.

Sounds good, I want to try making this.

I've grown up eating Merveilleux

Belgium

that thing looks even more loaded than the mayo/ham cake.
I'd try it but not such a big slice, dang

dang, even the desserts have apesomatism in that country

this

Came here to post this, a Finnish version with a rye crust.

In Cuba we had something similar to that. Pic related, they are called señorita. They are positively divine.

This. Or pecan pie.

That looks good, but gibanica is soft strudel dough with cottage cheese, apples, walnuts and poppy seeds, don't really see how that's similar at all.
Did you mean these things?

Skubaniec, Poland
Not the fanciest of cakes, but hey, it's my fave. I love how simple, 'crude' and moist it is, especially if it's filled with gooseberries (other fruit are great too though)

It was probably that. I meant to say the shape and general idea looked kinda similar. I kinda just looked at the picture without noticing the details, so yeah.

that looks good!

Melktert, from south africa

>Chocotorta
this

Grillaschtorte, Germany
extremely regional apparently, it's a semi-frozen cream, meringue, chocolate chip and brittle cake.

the ameridumb strikes again

Paris-Brest, France

Not him but
It's not a chocolate cake. It's a layered chocolate cookie cake with dulce de leche filling in between

I've ate a piece of carrot cake almost every day last week. now I need a piece pecan pie and piece of pumpkin pie. And oh we can only hope for a piece of blackberry pie from somewhere.

Chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk from AMERICA.

YOU'RE WELCOME, REST OF THE WORLD.

Dobos torta is based, but you gotta show love to some somloi galuska, testvérem.

Chocolate pudding with extra cocoa and some biscuits?

apple cake.

is it dutch though? or just vaguely germanic?
either way, legitimate god tier, as in, this is something in the realm of divine creation, a miracle of desserts.

americans invented none of that.
oh no, I got baited.

It's chocolate/cocoa creme with biscuits. Afterwards its put in the freezer/basement over night to set.
It's from germany but I've also seen it in denmark.

You go get those pies, man!

I don't understand. Isn't it generally accepted that the chocolate chip cookies was conceived by Ruth Wakefield of the Toll House Inn in Massachusetts back in the 30s?

yes

These things from Iran. I could eat them all fucking day.

dog shit?

They look real tasty.

shit sausage

>and here we have my countries favorite desert

>a fucking dish sponge in caramel sauce

>wala~

Medovik, from Russia
Or vishenka vareniky

Isn't that what the dude from Godfather 3 ate in the end and croaked from?