Convincing family to eat proper food

How can I convince my family to eat proper food?

Every day with them it's McDonalds, Church's, KFC, or Hamburger Helper. I tried cooking good food before, and even during Christmas I cooked Beef Wellington. Half of them threw out their piece because it was "undercooked and bloody" even though I had cooked it to Medium just for them. Every time I try to cook them something nice, they turn it away and complain it has "no flavor". To them, flavor is dumping a ton of salt and pepper sauce on something and calling it a day.

Is there no hope for these people?

Other urls found in this thread:

beneboy.com/mcmenu.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None. Burn their house down.

why do you give a fuck

quit worrying about everyone else and focus on yourself

i bet they wish you werent an autistic faggot, but they dont try to push their ways on you

Just eat the KFC and stop complaining, you spoiled brat.

Because I'm the one spending money on food. I'm the only one with a proper job, everyone else is on government money.

They are pushing their ways on me. Forcing me to eat their shitty food on a daily basis, and in the process cause everyone around them to gain weight. Besides me cousin, I'm the only one not morbidly obese. They don't just force their food on my siblings and I, they force their shitty beliefs that the government should have to pay for their existence, their perverted religious ideologies, and more.

That'll mean I burn the entire apartment down though.

This is fucking unhealthy. It's not being spoiled, it's not wanting my cousins and siblings to fall into the same shitty habits they are.

If you control the money, you control the food. If they don't want to eat healthy, they can starve.

Try coming to a middle ground and moving from there. Go with some butter braised veggies (broccolini is my favorite, but whatever they will eat) and some sort of easily palated meat. You can't just go from fishsticks to filet mignon with people. It might pain you but start at med well with meats and explain slowly over time that it is NOT blood, and is completely safe. A lot of older people lived in times where (at least in the USA) pork under med well was considered unsafe, and every "undercooked" meat had dangers. If it takes scientific proof, print it out, but do it in a way that they can accommodate on their own terms. You shove something down someones throat, and its likely to leave a bad taste.

>Americans

Thank you, but the problem with them is even if I try shit like that they'll turn it down. The most veggies they'll eat are fried okra, heavily buttered and seasoned mashed potatoes, and a few casseroles. What would be something that sorts of fits in those parameters? I was thinking making mashed cauliflower that's seasoned similarly to the mashed potatoes, or maybe start introducing them into different casseroles.

I can try, but they still have SNAP/EBT and other shit available to them. They won't starve, but they won't get pancakes or waffles.

Maybe you're a shitty cook.

Maybe a shepherd's/cottage pie filled with veggies? Its got the mash, gravy, well done meat, and you can kind of disguise the veg.

Again, YOU are the one that wants change, so if you force it, they will resist. Try politely saying that you worked hard to prepare this food, and even if they don't love it, if they could at least try it l, it would mean a lot to you... Or something along those lines.

That's good enough. Right now you're enabling them. At the very least they'll be forced to ration their funds and will be eating less than they are now.

No, they're just shitty eaters. How can human beings consume McDonalds and Fried Chicken for almost every meal every day?

Yeah, thats the way! Encourage more negative association with healthy eating! That'll teach them, especially since OP already said they have access to some sort of junkfood outside his cooking!

Can't help someone who doesn't want it.

What are you rambling about you fucking sperglord? Do you want OP to strap his family down and force feed them salads? If they're not going to eat healthy, there's nothing he can do about it.

I'd recommend you return to grade school and brush up on reading comprehension, or do the world a favor and kill yourself.

In certain cases that's true, but with food its not so difficult to, as I stated earlier, find a middle ground and find something that is tasty to them bit healthIER than what they are currently eating.

Take your own advice, friend. I was being (what I assumed to be obviously) sarcastic. I was the one that said to ease them into it with food that is palatable to them, not say EAT THIS OR STARVE!

Half measures don't work with people that far gone, fuckstick. If they were reasonable human beings they wouldn't be morbidly obese unemployed landwhales surviving off of food stamps. Anything less than a hard-line stance is actively helping them into an early grave.

oh so you're an enabler

fucking leave

it's not his responsibility.

Ok, OP, take this likely underage, buzzword spewing, angstpod's advice.

Considering he made the thread asking for advice, safe to say he wants to make it his, as nobody else seems to want to.

OP has all of the characteristics of someone who could benefit from therapy. I mean this sincerely and compassionately.

>I have no realistic ideas or stance on this, other than for you to sit around enabling your family to eat themselves to death, so I'm going to get upset at the people who are actually making realistic suggestions.

Cool. Sorry this isn't whatever pussy hugbox you crawled out of kiddo, maybe you should crawl back into it before you open your stupid mouth again.

>Veeky Forums is serious business guys

I'm the one that was offering advice on dishes and how to approach his family regarding their eating habits...so... Don't really know what YOU'VE contributed otherthan buzzwords and a ssh it attitude.

Why dont you just use more salt and pepper? Those are meant to flavor foods.

Every food tastes like shit without proper seasonings and oils

I hear you, OP. I discovered how to eat healthy and got myself in shape when I went to college. I had a long way to go but I was dropping weight when everyone else was gaining their freshman 15. I think the problem with a lot of people who don't cook for themselves is that they see it as work. They have to shop, then prepare the food, cook it, and then clean up afterward. You just need to show them that it's not work and they may be more open to it. There are a lot of 'one pot' dishes out there that require only a handful of common, cheap, and easy to use ingredients that are nutritious and filling.

Casseroles sound good, maybe tuna sandwiches with celery and onion sliced in if they're open to it (since mayonnaise disguises a lot of it), homemade coleslaw with less mayo (since it's common side to KFC anyway) or those nauseatingly sweet salad kits with bacon in them, macaroni made with those veggie-enriched pastas, teriyaki zucchini stir-fry, corn on the cob with butter and salt, garlic broccoli/green beans, broccoli with cheddar melted onto it, baby carrots with ranch, etc.

Mind you, this is mostly based on the stuff I liked as a kid. Look for guides on which vegetables children are more commonly open to, the palates are probably comparable.

op we're coming up on summer time. they dont think fresh fruits and veggies are appealing in any way? maybe you could take them on a family trip to a local farmers market and see the awesome variety. there's that farmers market smell, while you feel the sun and summer air around you, that is intoxicating. make it like an event.

>Every food tastes like shit without proper seasonings and oils

Found the Indian

>Eating food with no flavor
Found the Bong

If you can't enjoy the foundation of a meal you've got no business pretending to like more elaborate meals.

the food must flow

This is bait.

These are both great ideas.

I further suggest Flemmish beef/beer stew. It can have a hilarious amount of onions and carrots in it, but it has the beloved white trash ingredients of cheap well-cooked stew beef, beer, and pepper.

It is also delicious.

A word of warning about browning the beef during prep-- the dredging mixture will stick to the bottom of your pan if you don't watch it, and the burned flour totally won't cook off in the stew. If you use oil instead of butter for this step, you can use less of it.

damn i'm so disappointed. i was hoping for some dank chicken memes itt

Everyone took the bait

This is a copypasta b8 thread and I R8 it 8/8

>Half of them threw out their piece because it was "undercooked and bloody"
Sounds like it was bloody or you didn't let it rest

>Every time I try to cook them something nice, they turn it away and complain it has "no flavor".
Learn to cook around people with better taste/palette, it's the only way to force yourself to get better. Get a job in a kitchen for a short while

>How can I convince my family to eat proper food?
You probably can't. A good way to start is to cook junkfood/fast food that they're used to. Make some KFC or McDonalds and make it taste better and "healthier" than they're used to. Here's a good start: beneboy.com/mcmenu.pdf

You don't have the power to change people.

>wizard

You're pathetic. No willpower faggot who can't say no to someone else. Grow the fuck up.

Your family obviously has not evolved their taste past that of a child. Beef Wellington certainly isn't something you would serve one.

You might wanna try looking at recipes for picky children instead and try serving them some of that.

I mean it sounds like your family has really fucked up values in general. It might be more productive to just find a new family instead.

If they threw your food out because they didn't like it they are just assholes.
My sister can't cook for shit but I shut the fuck up and eat because she slaved over that shitty food.

There is no cure for asshole.

How about you leave your house already you goddamn NEET

i grew up in a fat household and was a fat kid my family ate off welfare mom was single and worked at walmart
the trick is to substitute
they have this idea that if they eat veggies their pussies they want some "real food"
>carbonated water,flavored over soda
>grilled chicken over fried"hard one"
>tortilla instead of potato chips
>fancy over american cheese
>chick fila if possible
>subway if possible
>more fish and seafood
>pasta with veggies
>stir frys
>eggs baked or HALF BOILED they like yolk
>chicken sandwiches
you have to pretend that everything you suggest is gourmet and fancy

>iktf
I've pretty much given up cooking because my bf will only eat variations of mince beef and potatoes.

I just want one nice fish dinner, no complaints. If I try to cook for myself he gets annoyed that I'm not making him anything but fuck making two different meals.

>btw im a gril XDDDD
fuck off cunt

Who said I'm a grill?

>and even during Christmas I cooked Beef Wellington. Half of them threw out their piece because it was "undercooked and bloody" even though I had cooked it to Medium just for them.
just give up i have a cousin whos about to graduate high school and i just dont give a fuck about her opinion like for xmas i made au gratin potatoes and she wouldnt even touch them and at thanks giving she ate my mashed potatoes but wouldnt eat them after she learned i put roasted garlic in because garlics icky
basically dont give a fuck and cook good shit for yourself if they want to be faggots

It's hopeless trying to change people, take it from somebody who grew up with an obese mother who disliked everything that wasn't made entirely of cheese, bread, butter and potato

I could drop 20 bucks and half a day making some delicious stew with a garden salad and she'd interrogate me on every single ingredient and then not even try it because I added minced garlic or basil or ginger or mushrooms or bacon or medium instead of lean beef or spinach or something ridiculous. Some people just never develop their tastes past age 8

How do people manage to keep such an awful diet up for so long?

After just a few years, despite still being normal weight, I got digestion problems. I changed my diet now but I fear the damage I did to my body may be permanent.

You just need to give up on them. They're horrible people who don't want to become better.

I grew up Tea Party, secretly teaching myself anything that wasn't the basic three R's and Jesus. I now have a family of choice. It's a better, kinder life.

You can't pick who shits you out into this world, but that's not a valid reason to stay with them. You actually can pick your family.

Are you capable of affording your own apartment? Have these bastards ruined your credit history?

I moved back after I finished college since my dad decided to leave my sisters behind. I'm an engineer currently working for Northrop, hardly a NEET.

I hadn't considered that someone would actually dislike beef Wellington, but it wasn't until after I served it that I realized that.

I think this is a good option, slowly integrate "healthier" foods into what I cook them. Anything is healthier than Popeyes and McDonalds at this rate.

I moved back because I believed I was doing them a service. Clearly I'm not, and they don't care that I've fixed this shithole of an apartment, driven mama to the doctors, and taken care of my cousins and siblings. Now I just stay to make sure said cousins and siblings get the care they deserve. I don't want to be the only college grad in my family, I want to see these kids succeed. Eating healthy food and getting these kids active is one way of setting them on the right track.

OP here (if that wasn't already noticed), I ended up making blackened chicken thighs with dirty rice and slightly less buttered mashed potatoes and they ate that shit up. It's a very very small step in the right direction, but it's a step.

you're a good guy OP

Gratz on getting an engi degree
I wish I could follow in your footsteps but >social anxiety and no bux

>implying fried chicken is unhealthy
Are you all fucking retarded? A KFC breast is only 320 calories.

I've lost 12 lbs in 26 days, and I sometimes eat KFC four days in a row.

>original breast
320 calories
>side corn
100 calories
>biscuit
180 calories
>ice water
0 calories

That's a filling 600 calorie meal for only $5.25 plus tax.

You don't understand my family. While I can easily hit a balanced caloric budget when eating even the shittiest fast food, they pig-out when they eat. They eat at the very least a large serving of 2 breasts (or a mix of various dark meat pieces) with a large serving of sides. Popeyes is even worse in this matter, between the heavily-buttered biscuits and extremely seasoned and calorie-packed foods... My mother alone can eat nearly 2000 calories in a single sitting.

Thanks, I'd like to go back later on for a master's right now I'm just focused on the short-term.

I wasn't able to afford college, but between a 2-year scholarship, Florida Bright Futures, and various grants and scholarships available I left school with no debt.

Binging is fine if you keep it down to one meal a day. If you like food that much, go ahead and eat 1500 calories in one meal, as long as your other two meals are small 250 calorie ones.

I'd rather eat one unhealthy meal a day and then have Campbell's soup for the next meal, than eat three healthy meals I don't even like that much.

>my family is total shit obese welfare leech rednecks that eat only fastfood
>florida

i was in the army for 4 years and the most redneck trash fucks were ALWAYS from florida. what the fuck happens in that state that makes everyone so fucking stupid?

binging is going to stretch your stomach to shit and make it harder to be satisfied by that small 250 calorie meal

obviously OPs family binges for every meal like most of the fatasses here on 4chins

We're not rednecks, just black. My family doesn't really help with stereotypes.

It's not 1500 calories for one meal to them, it's 1500 calories for every meal. That's a huge issue especially when they're influencing my younger siblings and cousins in a negative manner.