Good or bad? See people going ape shit over this stuff

Good or bad? See people going ape shit over this stuff.

meme

how white are these "people" you refer to?

Weird. Just heard of and tried this stuff for the first time yesterday. It was okay. Smelled a bit like rotting apples. Tasted okay. Kind of sour.

Pretty much depends entirely on if you like vinegar. There are health benefits to it, but none that can't be replicated by just eating other probiotic items like yogurt. It's a taste thing for me. Pure and simple. Delicious.

pretty white. Bernie bros with OVO hats and shirts.

I tried one cause it was on sale. Had a lavender one, didn't care for it, horribly overpriced. Rather have lavender tea

I have a friend who has a large herb garden and several kombucha "mother" fungi. They give me bottles of it in exchange for baked goods I like to make.

It might just be their relatively high experience level, but I've never had a bad bottle from them. I really enjoy their peach and jalapeƱo one the most, followed by tarragon and lemon.

It kind of tastes like that Sangria soda that you find in Mexican stores except without the sugar. Not bad but it is overpriced.

Also there is no actual study of it giving you health benefits.

Tastes like cheap wine that has just started to turn into vinegar.

It's like tea, but instead of adding lemon and honey you add vinegar and shit.

>drinking tea so shit you need to cover it up with both lemon and honey

Bruh.

I actually don't drink hot tea; however, Ice cold unsweet black tea with a lot of lemon in it is amazing so you can go fuck yourself with a curling iron.

Go be fat somewhere else.

Gives me farts

>unswet tea with lemon
>fat

Is this you on the left?

I would drink it if they took the floating mold out. Can't they ferment it or whatever in a big container instead of in each individual bottle?

I like it but that specific brand you posted isn't the greatest

I don't know. I've only tried it once. I didn't like it. It tasted like sour milk. I'm not a picky eater. I like alcohol, strong coffee, dark chocolate, and vegetables. I'm not sure if what I drank was how it's supposed to taste, or if it had gone bad. I'd try it again if somebody offered it to me, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it myself.

I could drink pickle juice, but I had trouble with 3 sips of the kombucha I tried.

I'm beginning to suspect I had a "bad bottle"

My grandparents made this when I was a kid. I liked those, but I haven't tried any store brands. I doubt they'd be good though.

I make milk and water kefir a lot and my vanilla double fermented milk kefir is pretty much the nectar of the gods by this point

Haven't tried kombucha but I imagine it's very similar to water kefir, so slightly boring but very nutritious, slightly acidic and fucking fantastic for cooking.

Honestly, not enough people use home-made kefir/vinegar/kombucha/whatever in cooking. It's essentially really tasty free vinegar/wine after a certain amount of time.

You just have to experiment with your preferred fermentation time.

As with alcohol, letting the fruit and herbs infuse in the fridge once you've fermented it enough is a good strategy.

Seriously, just go nuts with stone fruit. It's a hard flavor to fuck up if you use ripe ones. Raspberry is also based.

I had a bottle once and immediately started to feel the Bern. I could feel myself growing more and more idiotically liberal with every sip.
Now if you'd pardon me, I'm on my way to protest at city hall. We're forcing them not to change their lightbulbs. Lightbulbs have a right not to change.

It's literally overpriced meme vingar. Even if you believe in the benefits (not saying I don't) then all you have to do is buy an un-pasteurized vingar with the mother still in it and you will be getting 20 times the quantity for a fraction of the price.

What do you have against trans-lightbulbs, you fascist?

I brew my own but instead of using a scoby, I use wine or beer yeast.

I used Emerald Billimalai, yerba mate, strawberries, rapsberries, ginger, ginseng and morroco mint.

So you make a gruit or something?

That's like saying

>i make my own beer but instead of using hops and barley I use potatoes and juniper

Good for your intestines

Bad for your wallet

Libtards shit it up, as they do everything, but it does taste good and it's too expensive anymore.
The "mold" is yeast and/or bacterial cellulose. It's formed after it's already been bottled and the bacteria/yeast are still doing their thing.
Nothing will happen if you eat it and it doesn't taste like anything though so I don't know why you'd care.
Pic related is what those little blobs would eventually become. It's just part of the process.

(OP)
Libtards shit it up, as they do everything, but it does taste good.
The "mold" is yeast and/or bacterial cellulose. It's formed after it's already been bottled and the bacteria/yeast are still doing their thing.
Nothing will happen if you eat it and it doesn't taste like anything though so I don't know why you'd care.
Pic related is what those little blobs would eventually become. It's just part of the process.

it's meme food.

But it still tastes pretty good. Like strong tea with a sour/vinegar bite to it. Slightly expensive, but I'm rich as fuck so I don't care.

I just think it looks really disgusting is all, I guess I could just strain it out, though.

I don't really call it kombucha tho but it taste like it. I calculated alcool and it was 0.02 to 0.05%.

Pic related, I made one with coffee, yerba mate, cocoa, ginger, ginseng. I used branch from maple, spruce and balsam fir. I use brown sugar for fermentation.

My friends harass me to make more of it.

they also come with little sea monkeys and fetuses floating around in them
its pretty unappetizing esp while youre drinking something that tastes like fruity vinegar, but the chia seed ones are delicious

Its okay, kind of a vinegary tea that costs too much
I'll have it if someone offers me some but I wouldn't go out of the way for it

I like the one with chia seeds in it, texture is nice

What do you cook with it?

Delicious but overpriced if you want to drink kombucha at any regularity. There are easier ways to get your fizzy probiotics but they require upkeep always changing the water/sugar/molasses and discarding the excess grains.

its ok

I like it as a fan of sour beers. It's like a non alcoholic alternative to something tart and fizzy.

>cold "black" tea