Izza Styles of the United States

What is the best pizza-style in the United States, Veeky Forums, and why? Which is the worst?

Wiki lists Californian, New Haven, Detroit, Quad Cities, Chicago, New York, and St Louis. Are there any more than co/ck/s might know of?

I'm not an American, so I can only compare New York to Chicago deep dish. New York was much better - the deep-dish was so heavy, over-topped, and the cheese was usually too cold.

New York, on the other had, was simplicity itself.

The pizza-styles I'd most like to try next would be Quad Cities (sounds interesting) and Detroit (sounds awesome). St Louis sounds dire.

What are your thoughts Veeky Forums?

>What is the best pizza-style in the United States, Veeky Forums, and why? Which is the worst?

Literally who gives a shit? Are you planning to tour the USA and try every single regional variation of pizza? Then you'll make your own mind up. If you're not planning to do that, why post this fucking thread the BILLIONTH FUCKING TIME you unimaginative fucking retard? At least put some fucking effort into your shitposting.

Go get fucked. Every post after this one is OP samefagging to bump his shitty thread.

Calm down

You are taking Veeky Forums too seriously

I like the Chicago style, pic related

Ah, the Chicago-style deep-glass iced 'za

My favourite!

Ass-devastated Chicagoan detected

Do you need a hug? Because I WILL FUCKING HUG YOU MAN.

deep dish is not the real chicago style of pizza

pic related is the REAL chicago style, the kind that people in chicago actually eat, as opposed to what tourists eat

Neh Haven style is the objectively best style of pizza.

Kek that's Elio's, pic related is real chicago pizza

>he went to chicago as a tourist
>he ate tourist food
kek, I bet you went up the willis tour and walked on navy pier, too. tourists visiting chicago are the biggest turboplebs

Kek the Elio's looked better

I never posted Elios[sic]. My first picture was Aurelio's, which is a local pizza chain in the Chicago area.
Tell me more about how you walked around the loop and had a sandwich at Portillo's so you really "know" Chicago

>Aurelio's
Kek clearly an Elio's knockoff

Yes, you already told us that you've only ever eaten frozen pizza. You don't have to keep repeating it.

Kek if my state was known for deep dish I'd probably try to claim Elio's too

takes a special kind of retard to pride himself in living in this shit city. how's it feel knowing half the city is inaccessible due to niggers, dumbass?

new york style

new york pizza has a distinct ashy taste to it

Good thing I have a high paying job and live in Lincoln Park

I've never heard of Elio's. Is it similar to Ellio's, those weird french bread pizza things? Because Chicago style pizza is round and cut into squares, whereas Ellios(two L's) is a rectangular pizza.

>tfw Veeky Forums will never know the glory of Old Forge Pizza

Eastern PA is best PA

This.

I have a related question.

My dad just brought round a frozen pizza that him and my mom have had in the fridge for a week. So it hasn't been frozen all that time, just refridgerated. Is it okay to eat? The packaging says 24 hours but that's usually a really conservative estimation.

>i live in a corrupt shit hole
>some of the worst schools in the entire united states
>we breed the most ignorant violent niggers on earth
>i cant go to half my city or they will shoot me for being white
>at least i have money though

i hope you get stabbed to death faggot

Frozen pizzas are so incredibly high in sodium that you could probably let it sit on the kitchen counter for a week and still be fine to eat it.

>i live in a corrupt shit hole
You mean America?
>some of the worst schools in the entire united states
Good thing I'm not a filthy breeder
>we breed the most ignorant violent niggers on earth
They aren't in my part of town
>i cant go to half my city or they will shoot me for being white
Seeing as I don't smoke crack anymore, what reason would I even have to go into Nigville?
>at least i have money though
sounds like you have none
>i hope you get stabbed to death faggot
kek, the poorfag is upset

>tfw bacteria has a healthier diet than me

>Seeing as I don't smoke crack anymore
>anymore

Crack is the thinking man's drug. Because when you think about, why spend the extra money on coke when crack is the same high for less money?

just got some chicago style pizza to go.

I think it's kind of weird that most of the pizza styles are grouped by city, and the there's "Californian". I've lived in NorCal for nearly 8 years now, and there's every fucking kind of pizza out here. There's even an NYC style place out here that has fucking WATER shipped in to make their crust with. In my area alone, there's like....4 Chicago style places, 5 NYC style places, 2 Detroit, and then a bunch of random places, including a bunch of the new trendy "fast fired" shit (that I don't care for) that's like Subway but with pizza. Plus all the usual chains (but I haven't eaten chain pizza in years).

man, once you have a Chicago style pizza you will be hooked

>our water is so bad we have to ship it in from other states
>now listen to me tell you about how great we are

samefag detected

kek, they deserved it, too. I hope they do it again.

this is now a thread dedicated to laughing at 9/11

enjoy your >$500 assessment to live in one of the low nigger population areas.

>Chicagoans are THIS assblasted about their shitty pizza

>wahh wahh sandniggers blew up our buildings
get over, faggots. you deserved it.

>assuming I'm from New York
Nah, just laughing at how pathetic Chicago is

>assuming I'm from Chicago
Nah, just laughing at how hilarious 9/11 was.

Are you some kind of idiot?
1. You don't know anything about NYC pizza, obviously.
2. There was nothing in that post that even refers to "look how great we are" in any way.

>What is the best pizza-style in the United States

Chicago style pizza is the best.
Easy to eat.
Easy to share.
A Chicago original, often imitated but never duplicated.

>Chicago style pizza
>not cut party style
kek, you don't know anything

>>What is the best pizza-style in the United States, Veeky Forums, and why? Which is the worst?
all pizza styles are equal except the jew yorkist of the jewyork pizza. I don't have anything against jews but their bread is flat and pizza is evolved frocasia, not cheese and meat on a slice of bread as thin as a paper plate.

had a sensational clam pie at Frank Pepe's recently, worth stopping off on the drive from Boston to NYC.

Texas style is the best. Texas style is just New York style but with lots of jalapeƱos. On Wednesday nights after church we have bare-knuckle fights at the caution lights. Then we have pizza.

Detroit style Pizza is the only thing good that comes out of that shithole lately.

I like all kinds of pizza, but detroit style and similar pies have a special place in my heart because of how richly satisfying that those thick pieces of caramelized cheese are to a drunken palate after a few hours too many spent lazing about with friends.

that's bullshit. there's Detroid style, Brooklyn style, and Chicago deep dish. anything else is a meme started by shitty cities to try and make names for themselves.

hnnng that looks really good

Anyone try Old Forge style pizza from the PA town of the same name? Supposed to be totally distinct; sauce is super oniony, cheese choices can be unconventional, served as cuts (slice) or a tray (whole rectangular pie).
Some folks claim it to be the best which is laughable. However there are reviews from folks who drove there from famous pizza cities to diss it but begrudgingly said it was tasty

that shit in the picture looks like the "cook" just got done microwaving it from frozen.

Apparently this New England style is called "Greek" pizza crust? Where the dough ends up sort of like focaccia. It's really simple to make and also delicious.

That's just St. Louis style pizza, the best kept pizza secret in the known world.

Quad City Style

anime pizza

I didn't realize we were on /b/.

Anyways, Quad City style looks weird, but after reading about it, sounds pretty good. I'll have to agree with OP and say that St. Louis style does sound dire. Cracker crust? Come the fuck on.

St. Louis style pizza is shit. Nobody wants your stupid fucking provel cheese. Go eat some toasted ravioli and drink yourself to death with that shitty beer.

I've always wanted to try Detroit style. It's like a beefed up cross between Sicilian and Long Island 'Grandma' style pizzas. That pic looks dank famalam.

What the fuck is that?

Fucking delicious. You ever make it to the QC, drop by Harris pizza. The one in west end Davenport is great. Sausage is the classic, but there are other good ones.

Not sure if it's widespread, but Italian beef pizza is GOAT.

Braised, falling-apart shaved beef. PIckled peppers, carrots, and all those other goodies in the hot giardineria. All under a layer of mozarella, where the veg still remains its crunch under contrast to the soft cheese and crust, and tender beef.

fuck...

What's the trick to making dough taste like it's real? Every home made pizza I've ever had, the dough is all wrong.

Where are you from, coward?

If someone served me whatever you just posted and tried to tell me it was pizza I would fucking kill them.

Ehhhh....carrots on pizza? Odd but I'd try it. What kind of pickled peppers? If it's jalapeƱos then that could be tasty; bell peppers a shit.

The rest of your description sounds good.

I like all of them but on my scale Californian is on the bottom. I'd still eat it though.

Use ciabatta.

not enough heat to make that real airy, crispy dough, probably

Overrated, but the sauce is really good.
Just have to make sure that they're not going to put fucking american cheese on it.

If crackheads were able to think then there would be no crackheads.
Morphine is the only white man drug, coke is for niggers and plebs.

alcohol is literally the white man's drug

California pizza is just a meme because the west coast is a fucking joke region full of faggots and shitters who have no taste.

Chicago pizza isn't even fucking pizza.

Everything else is great because it's actually pizza.

I come from Millbank, South Dakota and we have the best pizza in the entire USA.
I get double pepperoni and onion.

Costco

Best: Chef Boyardee's Make-your-own pizza kit

Worst: Those frozen personal pan deep-dish pizzas that are 90% bread

It's so weird that I've heard this answer multiple times, even my mom says it was the best she ever had. I thought it was her being weird but no, not at all, apparently.

Best pizza I ever had was at Grimaldi's Las Vegas location. Pepperoni (best pepperoni I've ever tasted in my life) extra cheese extra sauce. Really the quality of the ingredients was outstanding.

no DC Jumbo Slice

not surprised though, I'd never heard of it til I visited last week.
basically a personal pizza in the shape of a single slice, bit of a novelty but still kinda cool.

I live in North Dakota and our pizza sucks.

Fuck eastern pa and every single white trash cutterman who inhabits it

Just out of interest, what the fuck doesn't suck in North Dakota?

best - Brooklyn
worst - st. louis , cardboard with ketchup and melted kraft singles wtf

Kek, what is it with Chicagoans and their massive superiority complexes? I had a coworker who was exactly the same way.
>coworkers and I picking up Weinerschnitzel for lunch
>ask Chicago if she wants anything
>"I'm from Chicago!"
That was her entire response

Do any of ya fellas enjoy a good Chicago slice?

It looks so generic and trash but tastes so good

>Square pizza

So basically they're selling school cafeteria pizza? And you're buying it? Heh, good for them I guess.

anyone ever had colorado style pizza?

Ive driven by signs for it before when i was there, but i never bothered to stop and try it

>colorado style pizza

Looking at that picture I assume that means it's been covered in a gallon of oil before it's served?

>Reverse Chicago style

gotta replenish calories after shredding gnar on the slopes all day brah

None, because Pizza is a joke-tier meme food.

is there weed in it?

>hating on Navy Pier
Get wrecked faggot.

Cauliflower pizza crust with shitty mushrooms

The money