Your thoughts on beef jerky

your thoughts on beef jerky

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ItcgIIGeFnc?t=7m44s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Delicious but over priced unless you make your own, even then it is time consuming to make.

It's a meme food.

MODS!!!!!!!!!!

I tried making some for the first time last week, and honestly it didn't take as much time/effort as I expected. It's really worth it if you like this stuff.

Did you bake it or do you have a dehydrator?

I just put it in the window for a few days. Works pretty well

Just used a cardboard box with a window cut out and a fan next to it. The general process was probably closer to biltong making. It would probably go faster if I used a heat fan.

ive never had it. how does it taste

oh cute, they put in a little flosser thing

Biltong >> Jerky

beef strips that have been jerked

>jerked
Wrong, idiot.

I was just jerking your chain :^)

Tastes good, sodium is too high.

I'd like to try it out but it's just insanely expensive.

Biltong > Jerky

it used to be "eww gross beef jerky" back in the 90s and the shit was insanely cheap. now its been marketed to fuck and they get away with selling 2 little sticks in a bag for $9 like OP posted.

Well the one in OPs image is the best apparently so it can be marked up

>and the shit was insanely cheap

What drugs are you on, exactly? Jerky was never cheap. This ought to be obvious because meat is mostly water, thus when it is dried to make jerky there is a lot of weight lost. It takes many pounds of meat to make just one pound of jerky, so even if the meat is shit quality the jerky will still be costly because of how much is needed.

I can rarely bring myself to actually buy any because I have a hard time justifying the price. I have, however, been making some with a dehydrator lately, though I have trouble getting it as good as store-bought (probably has to with my ingredient list being much shorter and missing several types of corn syrup), but messing with different marinades and seasoning is fun.

Mine tastes about on par with other homemade jerky I've eaten, though, and it isn't really labor-intensive or too costly. Easy protein, anyway.

Used to love it as a kid. Can't stand the way it makes people smell now.

It's good but honestly it gets pretty old after a while as a flavor and texture. Jerky can be fairly shit if you buy cheap, but buy expensive and you'll hit a ceiling in terms of how good it is.

I get sick of it pretty easily, but this stuff is the newest and one of the best I had. It's some of that wet Korean jerky. Brand is Golden Island, they had it at Costco

I get mine from HEB and its the shit. No Nitrates! Super dry and cheap.

love it a local jerky here is great, but 7 bucks for 3ozs is kinda steep. If i could afford it id never eat chips again

ja/ck/ truly is a marketing genius

I make my beef jerky with tons fresh, bird eye chili peppers.

The dry kind you gotta let sit in between your molars for 30 seconds before you chew.

He kicked me in the dick, i dont blame him lol.

Tasty but expensive. Keeping for ages when sealed is a great thing, though.

The only kind of beef jerky I like is the super dry stuff that you can break and turns into fine powder when you chew it. Unfortunately I have no idea where to get that kind, it's usually just a surprise.

>lasts more than a day

Bacon bits?

>buying meat products from jack

Best beef jerky I ever had was my friend's uncle made his own
Its combination of sweet and spicy was mouth orgasm

YOOOOHOO HOO HOO HOO HOO HO...HOODEEDOODEEDOOOO

youtu.be/ItcgIIGeFnc?t=7m44s

I make 2 pounds of it for my family every week. Marinate for about 5 hours, dry it off, and stick it in the oven for 5 hours and it's perfect.

Jack's jerk is second to none, trust me on this my friends s:^)

It's aight. Too calorie intensive for how little it fills you up, though. You wind up eating way too much in one sitting. No bueno if you're trying to not be a fatass.

FUCKING CARLOS

eating that same brand as well. Only downside of it is that it has 10g of sugar per serving.

what cut do you buy ?