How can I become disinterested in food?

How can I become disinterested in food?

Both my best friend and FWB can go for days just eating the occasional biscuit and lots of coffee.

I made a thread on Veeky Forums a while ago and tons of anons said they weren't that interested in food

For me I can binge and eat 3-4 people's food and if I don't then I'll spend all day thinking about food non stop

What's with these people?

Other urls found in this thread:

yaharibento.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/inspiring-dishes-shokugeki-no-soma-catch-your-eye-set-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ur just fat

Yeah but how do I have their appetite

Do you binge eat and are you overweight?

I've starved myself before but beware, it can make you pretty irritable especially when you add caffeine. If you have a job where you have to be around people they will often ask you why you're not eating and shit like that and some will try to force food on you.

I just lost interest in food for awhile and had to take edibles to get my appetite back because I was also a manic depressed piece of shit and almost lost my job because of all of the above.
So I don't really recommend it outside of reasons most people will give you like it's unhealthy.
I'm sure you already know that its unhealthy.

I got super interest about food, but I got no appetite. Which makes it suck.
I can cook these cool tasty dishes, but I can barely eat them.

Honestly you just need to find something that takes your mind off food, I can go a whole day without eating off one big meal which is what I do when I'm grinding on a game that's really good or listing to a really good movie/show, if all els fails though use the big meal method & eat big meals not small snacks, snacking is the devil of hunger binging, because snacking is just junk food most of the time it's not filling you up like a meal would thus making you twice as hungry & thus you keep eating. Drinking lots of water with meals also helps but just eating a real meal is what will get you through the day without having that pestering feeling of hunger & to snack through the day.

Force yourself to think that being hungry feels good.

It's a lot like working out when you want to feel the burn.

How do you starve yourself? Legitimately curious, I see anorexics and just think how their mind can override so much of their body telling them to eat.

I'm not going to do it to that extent, but like OP I just want to go through the day eating normal portions without snacks and not ONLY think of food.

just eat healthier snacks

>How can I become disinterested in food?

stop spending your time on a board dedicated to food?

/pol/ always looking for new people to red pill I hear

abstain from eating fat. Only eat twice a day, and don't snack. That should do the trick.

Surprisingly enough, if you cook your own food, you tend to lose your appetite.

Not for everyone

I think about food all the time, but I rarely binge eat. I turn my energy to making tasty, satisfying meals that I can eat without getting fat. I'll happily spend an hour in the kitchen making an elaborate Indian vegetarian meal. Spiced beans, veggies and greens over rice are not gonna make you fat, but making them delicious takes time and effort. That's where I focus my food obsession.

I was born that way. Anorexia isn't just a disorder, some people just don't have much appetite. You don't want this life.

Seems weird to me, but I've been into healthy/low-calorie eating for years.

Meaning I only eat large or indulgent meals maybe two-three times per month. It seems strange to me to *indulge* in food every day or multiple times a day rather than eat mostly for fuel and health, and then indulge occasionally, because tasty food really isn't all that meaningful or lasting--it tastes good for a few minutes, then the sensation is gone. Really fleeting and superficial.

You could get used to anything, including not being interested in food. It'll just take some willpower and time.

don't eat for 3 days and just drink water

your body gets used too it,

Thread's dead but I just went a day without eating anything at all.

Feels strange, but it's not as bad as I thought. Having a small dinner and that'll be it.

I reckon I can keep this up for a bit, and by then I won't even think about it.

You can try that. I find most folks wh truly enjoy food do poorly trying to limit their intake because after a while they feel like they're denying themselves something they want, and the just say fuck it after a while and go back to their old ways.

What worked for me was still eating, but just eating much less calorie dense food. So I'd get the satisfaction without the calories. Even that was a major adjustment for me, but I found the fewest meals I could eat during the day without becoming a total bitch was 2. So I just make sure they're reasonably filling and tasty without being particularly calorie dense. That plus exercise dropped a lot of weight over time. But I still am always thinking about food.

Good luck.

What less calorie dense food would you recommend? If I can get that down and stop wanting snacks in between it'd be great.

As for exercise, I walked for about an hour and a half today at a fairly brisk pace and, with dogs, that's incredibly easy.

>But I still am always thinking about food

Yep, it's a curse. It will never leave and whilst I don't envy skellies who have little-to-no appetite it would be great to have an appetite that isn't "eat all the fucking time!"

Mostly high fiber vegetable matter - beans, greens, brown rice and the like. East to fill up on, not particularly calorie dense. Takes some work to make tasty, though, which is why I posted the pic I did here

Thanks, user. I'll look into it, I've never hated vegetables and really don't mind a fully veggie meal once in a while. That's at least one step up from most fatties.

The hardest thing about getting Veeky Forums is that it takes so fucking long, all whilst people without the "fat kid" curse love life around you. I'm 245lbs at 6"1' right now and to get to an "ideal" weight around 160 or so will take me at least a year. It's just way too damn long.

>low calorie food
>beans and rice

whew. enjoy being fat. bet you melt some cheese and put ranch dressing on it too for your diet

I'm 6'2" and my top weight was 238, so I feel your pain. Been maintaining 178 for the last six years, but getting there was the greater part of two brutal years. The pattern that finally did it for me was a mostly vegetarian diet (meat and/or cheese once or twice a week) and working out every other day. But I waited until 40 to drop the weight, so results came slowly and required more drastic measures.

If you're still in your 20's it ain't gonna be easy (it will suck), but it should be easier than what I went through.

Like I said, good luck.

Oh, come on. If dinner is a modest serving of beans and rice with a mountain of greens and just a little cooking fat that's pretty modest. I'm not talking about loading the beans up with porkfat and putting cheese on top of them.

Glad to hear you've made it/making it.

It is just so unfair. I became fat because my dad dying when I was 5 meant that my mum coddled me and gave me whatever I wanted, my brother who was 9 at the time isn't thin but isn't anywhere close to me.

I'm 19, so not too far gone. I just want something that doesn't require two+ years of torture, if there was a pill that gave me a skelly's appetite whilst taking it I would use it in a heartbeat. But there isn't, so it's all just my own shitty mind stopping me.

sure but chances are if you are a fatass that you are going to pile a 1200 calorie mountain of rice and beans on your plate, stir in some "low fat mayonnaise" and eat it with some "healthy baked and not fried potato chips" and wonder why you aren't losing weight

its called adderall

19? in college? should be able to buy it from fucking practically anyone since half your shit generation is "ADHD and needs extra time for tests cause its hard to focus and stuff"

how do you think all those dumb sorority sluts are so skinny? spoiler its not hardwork and exercise. they literally have prescribed amphetamines that redline their metabolism and crush their appetite.

Does sound pretty good. I don't need it for tests, always worked hard in that area of my life. What negative side effects are there? I hate myself enough already that I don't really give a shit unless they're very severe.

possible addiction/tolerance with prolonged use and if you have any heart problems or some shit you shouldn't fuck with it

moderate usage of it shouldnt be bad for you though.

just feels like you drank a pot of coffee and nukes your appetite.

At 19 you should be able to to it in a year. Starting out is by far the worst part. It gets easier as you develop new, better patterns. Breaking the old, not so good ones is what's hard.

Sorry to hear about your pops. I don't think you need a former 40 year old fatty stranger to tell you life ain't fair. But much of that unfairness you have no control over. This is something you can exert your will over, though it will be a bitch.

Cooking might have to become a thing for you. It sure as fuck did for me. Because they way I see it an elaborately prepared Indian vegan meal is A LOT less depressing than the way Veeky Forums eats chicken breasts.

The pathetic man lives to eat and drink. The powerful man eats and drinks only to live.

The beans and brown rice advice was given in the context of suggesting low calorie, high fiber meals as a way to consume fewer calories without feeling hungry all the time. Mayo and potato chips have absolutely nothing to do with that.

I'll consider it, what constitutes "moderate usage"?

The thing is I've always, and still do, felt I had no control over my life. I just did what was best for me in school, got dumped by friend groups whenever they wanted, things like that.

I do cook, but not good food. I'm too poor to eat takeaway/fast food every night so at least that's something. Right now I do feel that I need to do something drastic to take back control over my eating or else I'll just fall back into hold habits, I have NO experience in driving my life so far and that makes things hard.

a cup of beans is 670 calories. he will easily sit down and eat 2-3 cups for dinner and think its healthy as fuck.

telling a fat person to eat a bunch of beans is literally some of the worst advice you could give.

rice and beans is a poor persons "i need cheap calories" diet not a weight loss diet

It's your gut bacteria, eat the poop of someone anorexic.

they come in a very drastic range of strengths from like 5mg to 30mg.

don't buy a bunch of 30mgs with no tolerance and have an anxiety attack.

faggots nowadays are literally snorting 30 mg pills while they drink a bunch of liquor/beer though and not dieing so don't think its super scary

>How can I become disinterested in food?

Play lots of video games. Something that you can get so autisticly immersed in that you don't even want to get up to take a shit.

Half a cup of dal over 3/4 cup brown rice with a vegetable curry and a mountain of greens is an entirely reasonable dinner. If the meal is mostly vegetables he won't have room to eat several cups of beans - the fiber will fill him up first.

There's evidence this might be a thing, too. A mostly vegetarian diet could probably get your gut flora back to what you'd like them to be over time.

How do anorexics poop if they don't eat

First things first, from a former fatty:
stop blaming your mum
stop blaming your appetite

start blaming yourself
start blaming your decisions

own up to your decisions and try to better yourself, day after day

don't try to find a easy way (a pill, fad diet, etc.), that's just a ticket straight to yoyo-land.

work out.
if you hate cardio, do strength.
if you can't go to a gym, do bodyweight exercises at home.
if you don't feel at least some discomfort in your first weeks, you are doing it wrong.

search for support online, if you don't have it in rl (some people need it) - r/fatlogic or r/loseit are that way ->

It will suck
It will suck a lot, especially in the beginning
but it's fucking worth it.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record of a self-help book, but that's what helped me and a lot of other people i've spoken to.

>someone who has no portion control or willpower
>tell them to buy some of the most calorie dense foods
>"just remember user portion is crucial"

if you are obese you need to just sit around eating fucking carrots and celery and whenever you get hungry chug some fucking water eat an apple or some shit and think about how you are fat and you want to lose weight and then go for a walk.

So when does it go from "sucking" to "being worth it"? Months? Years? Decades? Never?

Like I say, there's a "fat curse" where even if you lose the weight you will never, EVER be as comfortable as someone who never gained it in the first place. I'll lose it, sure, but it's just something I have to live with and I hate that fact.

So become anorexic? Not exactly a switch you can switch on to do that. There's a reason why most anorexics are thin in the first place.

>19 years old
>im cursed ill never be happy my entire life

not with that attitude pussy.

you are young as fuck. you still have a chance to save yourself if you try. don't turn into a wizard neckbeard fatass.

OK, but I'd like to see examples. Sure, in theory getting Veeky Forums will improve my lot. I have no friends, noone except family has ever loved me, I have no social experience whatsoever.

And when does it stop sucking? When does the grind turn into something you enjoy?

By the same token if you take someone who loves food to the point of obsession and tell them they have to eat carrots and apples they won't last a week. Give them something tasty they can fill up on while consuming much calories than they otherwise would and they stand a fighting chance. It's gonna be hard enough for this guy so start eating better and exercising without making food seem like punishment to him.

when you become happy with the person you are the rest will fall into place

get a body image you are comfortable with. get a job and/or go to school. get enough money to comfortably support yourself. the rest will come with time.

or i guess you could just binge eat and decide which 2D wifu you want like most of the people here on 4chins who have given up on being productive members of society

>but its hard

>go to school

I'm in school, doing a degree that's not useless (much worse than STEM though) but I have absolutely no passion for.

The only thing I can control right now is my weight, and I've said time and again I will lose it and hopefully not become a skelly in the process (although being spooky is better than being fat).

I don't know.

>I made a thread on Veeky Forums a while ago and tons of anons said they weren't that interested in food
Yeah, that's definitely Veeky Forums

find someone to workout with. someone that is motivated and will drag you to the gym even when you just want to eat chicken tendies and jerk off in your room with the lights turned off.

the only way to get better at socializing is to actually do it (with real functional people not a weeb board) find a hobby/club/sport or a study group for your classes or some shit. if you don't try now its going to be so much harder after school to get your shit together.

I've tried to do this the first and second time someone's said this to me. Both times the "friends" clearly hated me and I was outcasted like every other friend group I've been in.

If I need to socialize to get fit, but I need to get fit to socialize what the fuck do I do?

Smoke.

you don't need to do anything to lose weight.

you could literally do absolutely nothing and you will lose weight. all you have to do is stop fucking eating massive amounts of trash.

im done with this though. im not your fucking life coach. get your shit together faggot or give up. i dont give a fuck either way.

Great, I'll starve myself then. Since I'm such a faggot that's clearly what I deserve.

You're nowhere near a life coach because a life coach wouldn't just go "Get friends fag then anything is possible!" and do nothing else.

>So when does it go from "sucking" to "being worth it"? Months? Years? Decades? Never?

For me, the first "this was worth it" moment, was after the first year, when i went from 105kg (231lbs) to 85kg (188lbs).
After the first year, I started training (Mark Laurens "You are your own gym"), the second "this was worth it" came around 6 months in. reaching 78 kg (172 lbs) and doing my first real and clean pull up.

>Like I say, there's a "fat curse" where even if you lose the weight you will never, EVER be as comfortable as someone who never gained it in the first place. I'll lose it, sure, but it's just something I have to live with and I hate that fact.

That might be. Especially with your defeatist attitude. You remind me of myself. Was pretty much the same when I was your age. Although I had a small circle of friends.
I would have been fucking glad if someone would have told me the things, you are being told in this thread.
But you know what it is? You are not ready yet. You don't really want it. Sure, you wanna be skinny, but not if it's gonna suck getting there.
Took me until I was 26 to finally snap around and change something. Sure, I missed stuff because I've changed so late. But I still got decades in front of me, even more than before.

One last thing: If you don't do it know. Do it soon.

>I made a thread on Veeky Forums a while ago and tons of anons said they weren't that interested in food
Which explains why this is such a great food and cooking board.

Honestly, willpower. Just like quitting drinking or smoking. Fucking force yourself down, eventually your stomach will stop being so stretched out and you can gradually reduce your appetite.

If you have the willpower to do that, great, if not, you'll fail. There is no magic cheat code, just limit your meals to a reasonable amount if you're serious about it. You'll basically have food "withdrawals" where you will be thinking about food even if you just ate, but you've got to power through it. Even though you're hungry you don't actually require more food, you have just conditioned your body to think it does.

Nice quads.
Idk how much sex youre having, but amphetamines will really mess with your ability to feel pleasure long term. A lot of parents dont care about that for their kids (which is sad) but sexual dysfunction and inability to experience pleasure normally are pretty common.

>psychologically incapable of moderation
imma take a wild guess: OP's an amerifat.

the worst kind too, doesn't even want help/to get better he just wants pity for his horrible disease that makes him unable to control his hands

Not eating becomes easier after 8+ hours of not eating.

it's the same for me, I am bored to eat dinner so there're only 2 meals for me and I am not fat anymore. (those two meals, I eat a lot) When I am hungry at night, I tried to drink water a lot and hurry to sleep.

there's any hobby you need to focus then? Concentrate in hobby/works might help you think about food.

Yes, these can help you. I ever watched in TV about countries that eat healthy food. People of one of these countries eat beans, rice (meat are expensive for buying). They eat them so much and fiber made their excretory system are so good more than I expect.

People in one of another country eat chicken,fish,beans,wine that they can find by themselves. However, they teach how to eat too. such as, wine should be drink when daytime, not nighttime. Eat dishes that make from flesh ingredients. They eat a lot more than I but people there didn't get fat at all. They are strong from their work too.

People from the last country live in cool place. Yogurt is their fav. Fish, meat,bread. They can't find vegetable so much there but they cook food by stream.

From all of these three countries, they told me to eat fiber a lot for sure. Fish is necessary too. They almost didn't try snack at all. And they did this as their habit and do many years.

there're many healthy and inspiring dishes you can explore. Some are fish dish that is good for your health.

Many dishes from anime "shokugeki no soma" might help you decide that. Let's discuss about inspiring dishes of "Food Wars!" anime that might catch people's eye.

yaharibento.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/inspiring-dishes-shokugeki-no-soma-catch-your-eye-set-1/

- Which dishes that will CATCH your eyes?

- Or do you have other inspiring dishes in your mind?

Warning: please don't proceed this in nighttime, or else you will be hungry.