Is italian pizza really the best?

Is italian pizza really the best?

This doesn't represent ALL italian pizza.

This is actually known as Neapolitan pizza. From Napoli.

what are other italian pizzas?

The best pizza is the one you like most

don't let other people's judgement steer your choices.

Pizza al Taglio, from Rome

post more

Sfincione, from Sicily

Pizza al Padellino, from Turino

Pizza Sardenara, from Liguria region

I bet you wonder why your wife fucks black guys

Looks more like a pastry shop than a pizza joint.

oh wow i thought italians hated thick crust

And many more

No. The best pizza comes from Sweden.

More seriously - depends what you want. I find Americans prefer the pizza they grew up with and Eyeties prefer the pizza they grew up with. Funny that.

Napolitan pizza fritta must be tried before you make up your mind, though.

the best pizza is from the country that invented it -- not italy

You just implied Naples in't a part of Italy

I mean I know the south and the north have a feud and everything

what an incredibly inane comment

no

italian food is regional as fuck if anyone tells you what 'the italians do' in terms of food don't trust them

>You just implied Naples in't a part of Italy

you just implied you need to take a critical thinking class

Ironically enough this looks better than anything else posted in this thread.
I find it funny that when someone complains about Italian pizza being shit you act snobbish and tell them there are a lot of different intalin pizzas. Guess what? Shit comes in various different shapes too

are you american?

Americans don't jizz their pants over fucking kebab...

I like woodfired pizza and real tomato sauce like that, but like more cheese and toppings like this pic. A margarita pizza like that is still really good though

>when someone complains about Italian pizza being shit you act snobbish and tell them there are a lot of different intalin pizzas

how is that snobbish?

Yeah I'm not American and yeah I had Italian pizza before, I'm not advocating for pizza burger but pretty much every country in the world has better pizza
The dough is shit, they put the sauce over the cheese so it doesn't get crispy.
I had some of the best pizza in the world and none of it was any where close to Italian pizza

Because you assume the person isn't aware there is more than one type of Italian pizza when he may be aware of it and still know that it's all shit

>when he may be aware of it and still know that it's all shit

i think it's quite obvious that's not the case, but either way when you post a pic of neapolitan pizza and call it italian pizza i think it's worth making the observation.

OK, so it's potentially inaccurate. You might even call it stereotyping. But how is that snobbish?

>crispy cheese on pizza
what teh fuck

don't know, haven't eaten pizza from everywhere but i've tried it in a few european countries,new york and rome and i have to say that rome had the best. new york prolly the worst

Pizza hawaii its the best italian pizza I tried in Rome so far.
Campah

IDK why the NY plain slice seems to be the posterboy for US pizza in media when all it seems to be is a bastardisation of Margherita pizza with less attention paid to the quality of ingredients. I say this not as another butthurt europoster but as somebody that appreciates that US style pizza is basically what most of the world knows and loves. I don't get it.

>the NY plain slice seems to be the posterboy for US pizza in media

Is that true?

Most pizza in the US looks like pic related (just a random Google image).

Regional pizza styles like NY, Chicago (deep dish and thin crust), New Haven, RI grilled, quad city, and whatever else, are just that, regional.

No, Italian Pizza is a shitty tourist pizza designed to cash in on superior american pizza

>burnt basil
trash. send it back to the kitchen.

When you go to the regions that have their own signature styles, that obviously dominates. But for the rest of the country it's kind of a random mix of everything. I know restaurants in my town known for the deep dish, those known for their thin crust, those known for wood fired Neapolitan style, etc. There's not really one "american pizza" type

> doesn't represent ALL Italian pizza
> therefore Naples isn't in Italy
Found the retard