Foie gras

I've never tasted foie gras before. What's the big deal all about?

Tastes nice. Try it in an omelette with truffles and pickled duck hearts

It's rich in pretty much every flavor you like. Creamy, fatty texture, but savory and just sweet enough that you don't think of it as sweet but it hits that pleasure center in your brain too. It's a little milder in that "liver" flavor that other pates have because there's so much extra fat in it.

It's not some ne plus ultra of dining but it's breddy gud.

what "big deal." its really tasty.

> what's the big deal

it's fucking good

It's shit, basically tastes like avocado.

Avocado is delicious you baby

It's like if butter was meat.

this

>I've never tasted foie gras before
So why are you even asking?

You're scum if you eat it because ducks are basically tortured to produce it.

They love being overfed, actually

Foie Gras is good for multiple reasons. First the fatty liver which is tasty, then then the great melt in your mouth texture to accompany the great taste. The Sauternes wine (delicious on it's own) that they cook into Foie Gras just takes it to another level.

I had some white truffle foie gras a couple weeks ago... It would have been worth every penny but I had it for free. Goddamn it was good.

Animals are stupid, especially pigs and ducks/goose. They will literally eat anything and keep eating it until they are overfed and die but be "happy" (they don't feel happiness or sadness anyway) doing it.

You can find "cruelty free" foie gras anyway if you want to be a little bitch.

Who gives a fuck? The little rapist ducks deserve it. 2/10 I replied.

>Animals are stupid, especially pigs and ducks/goose. They will literally eat anything and keep eating it until they are overfed and die but be "happy" (they don't feel happiness or sadness anyway) doing it.
and horses dont feel the jockeys whip am i right?

Geese are nature's dudebros. Fuck 'em all, explode their livers and feed me that delicious, godly organ meat. I will never shed a tear for a goose.

Ducks, I do give a shit about. But they're so good on a pancake with some plum sauce that I'm willing to save the foie gras treatment for the geese.

they like it the dirty sluts

Pigs are smarter than dogs in case you didn't know

it tastes like ass desu
i knew a guy who ate foie gras every fucking day, he just liked it cause it was very expensive at that time... i wish i was joking

>Animals are stupid, especially pigs and ducks/goose. They will literally eat anything and keep eating it until they are overfed and die but be "happy" (they don't feel happiness or sadness anyway) doing it.

is it common for you to be so smug on topics you have no knowledge about?

U M A M I
M
A
M
I

That's a really expensive way to obtain heart disease.

>defending geese
Worse than Hitler.

I don't know, I reckon my dog is smarter than OP.

foie gras is overrated. foie gras pate is where it's at.

>It's a little milder in that "liver" flavor that other pates have because there's so much extra fat in it.
>I had some white truffle foie gras a couple weeks ago..

The question is about foie gras, not fucking pâté de foie gras.

>Ducks, I do give a shit about.
Ducks are more aggressive than geese and are one of very few fowl that engages in gangrape. Doesn't help that their giant screwdriver cocks are extremely painful.

If you're iron deficient then it feels nourishing.

check em
check em

cheked

chickity china the chinese checked'em

From foie gras to Fazoli's. What a thread!