Is there a proper way to say no when they are asking for donations? Its even harder when you frequent the store daily

Is there a proper way to say no when they are asking for donations? Its even harder when you frequent the store daily

After many years of practice, I learned the secret OP, look them straight in the eye, and say "No, thank you though." Like fucking magic, works everytime.

Yes, say "No."

I forget my headphones a lot so I just pretend I'm wearing them

Are you fucking 12? You shouldn't be ignoring people you're interacting with, even with headphones. It's goddamn common courtesy.

What are you thanking them for? That's like saying "you too" when they tell you to enjoy their meal.

mind your business, bitch boy

"Not today." Or a simple "no."

I already donate money to charity. You can't guilt me into shit.

Lie and say you already donated, if it bothers you.
I've never heard of somebody getting hassled for not donating when asked. I'd love for them to try.

>common courtesy
>begging strangers for money

Sometimes, in conversation, words don't mean what they literally mean. I guess that doesn't sink in with the "don't talk, only type" generation.

>tfw me and qt cashier both said "thanks, have a good one" at the same exact time, in the same candor and tone
We both just had a chuckle.

Yes. You say "No.". Flat, even, quick, very little emotion. Works every time.

I work above a Trader Joes in a larger city. There are frequently people outside begging, "campaigning" for one thing or another, or just down right crazies trying to talk to people about whatever the fuck is going though their heads. Just saying "No." shuts almost everyone up right away.

Smile, shake your head, gather your groceries and leave.

As a former cashier, I'll let you in on a little secret:

They don't care. They're only asking you because it's required by management and/or corporate. If you say no it just means less work for them. Just say "No" or if you want to be extra nice "No thanks"

Exception: sweet old ladies care. They care a lot.
They will even take a minute to pick a favourite grandchild of theirs if you don't want your name written on the stupid post-it note that gets tacked up near the checkout.

I just say no. Usually before they can finish asking.

Just show your jew : they won't be asking anymore.

Tried that once, got slapped with an indecency charge. I wouldn't suggest it OP.

"Would you like to donate a dollar to save the children with your purchase today?"

No, I hate children.

"Would you like to donate to the breast cancer society?"

That depends. Are you for or against breast cancer?

Just say no.

Stores around here often ask for donations at the check out. I say no without giving a fuck - the big stores rake in millions in donations, get the PR, and write it off as charity. And they know it is easier for people to just say yes over a couple bucks than say no.

Fuck that.

Please leave the jokes to rest of us, user

"No, I'm good."

"Nope."

"Why would I want to give your company money that you can use as a tax write off? Fuck you, shill for the Jew some more, why don't you?"

kek my thought exactly

I'm maybe a bit cringy, but I like to use this moment to briefly shill for effective altruism while I enter my credit card information. It doesn't hold up the line, gets me out of their stupid charity that would waste my money on overhead, and occasionally makes a person genuinely interested in a good thing if they're bored enough.

I was a cashier, and know the struggle of double shifts consisting of nothing but repetitive conversations with idiots. I lived for the moment a regular came by to say hello to me. This one guy in particular went through my line twice a month to give me his old Analogue magazines-- invaluable for morale. I would rescue that guy from a burning building without a pause.

I say "Shut your fucking mouth" before they even start talking.

No, you don't. You think it, but you're too scared to actually voice it.

The money you give to charity probably goes to the kike directors of the charity rather than accomplishing

i usually ask what the donation is going to then snort and say no while grinning

Being of brown persuasion I have the ability to pretend that I do no speak English. Also works the other way when some spic comes up to me assuming I speak Spanish I pretend I don't understand them. For those bilingual fucks je ne comprends pas.

You're essentially give them money so they can get a tax break I wouldn't be surprised the charities they donate to are buddies with them.

How do you deal with panhandlers on the street? Apply that to the local store.

I usually laugh or snort and say 'No'.

> living around niggers

There are cameras in the store, user.

Really sticking to the man, ain't ya?

They? Store? What?

say you already donated