Gordon Ramsay vs Julia Child

youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ
This was a pleasant surprise. Who do you think won, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YtO-6Xg3g2M
youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

who the fuck is julia child?

>ERB
>>>/reddit/

ERB is genuinely good tho. They put a ton of research and effort into every video.

I don't give a fuck about that youtube channel, so I'll compare the two personalities.

As far as which one I'd rather hang out with, it's Julia all the way. She's delightful and fun and witty and can hold her own in friendly banter. Gordon is a skeezy uptight douche with a penchant for teenage drama-queen gossip.

As for who I'd rather learn to cook from? It kind of depends. Gordon's obviously much more up-to-date, although I think from what I've seen he's not as innovative as that rap video makes him out to be. But I find myself more wishing I could do the stuff I see on Julia and Jacques' shows, and they're the ones I like to put on a playlist and fall asleep to.

As for comparing the two, it's hard to do because they both set out to do completely different things. Ramsay is a celebrity chef, which basically means he's a restauranteur and face-man for businesses. Julia set out to make French cooking accessible and adaptable to everyday Americans. Compare her show with Ramsay's programs geared toward stay-at-home everyday folk, and Julia wins hands-down. Ramsay's stuff in that regard is pretty lackluster.

>who the fuck is julia child?
Are you kidding me?

No, they really don't. It's wikipedia tier.

I don't often say this "user," but you can leave this here "thread" :/

juliafags getting btfo

what the fuck?

Mr God aka Ramsay VS a no name talent-less hack.

>i wonder who wins

seconding this

I'm not american. I had to google her.

Don't need to be American to know her.

I suppose so but I'm sure it would help. I'm an australian born in 1990, why would I know her?

Could the U.S. already stop being so self centered? The rest of the world doesn´t care about what was on your television 50 years ago

moods... fuck me I'm old.

>comparing Julia Child to Jacques Pepin
>Gordon Ramsey is a celebrity chef but Julia Child isn't

Gtfo please.
There is a million miles of difference between a professional cook who (used to) work in a 3 Michelin star kitchen making hundreds of perfectly cooked dishes everyday, and a housewife who went to school to learn about food and does all her cooking in front of the camera.

If there is anyone who deserves to be called a celebrity "chef", it is Julia Child.

ERB peaked in Season 2.
youtube.com/watch?v=YtO-6Xg3g2M

>youtube videos
>seasons

embarrassing

Look at the behind the scenes videos. A ton of shit goes into making these; they definitely have to be done by the season.

>Look at the behind the scenes videos.
Motherfucker, I regret watching the regular video; why in the blue fuck would I watch the behind the scenes?

I'm quite sure you misunderstood the post you're responding to. Is there something about the term "celebrity chef" that you find demeaning? Because if there is, the problem is with you, not with the post you're responding to.

Nah I don't think I misunderstood. It does not make sense in any way to compare a hobbyist cook and a professional cook. Why would anybody choose to learn from someone who is clearly inferior? That person might prefer the style of videos of JC to fall asleep to, but when it comes to actual cooking, there is nothing she can do that GR cannot.

As for the term celebrity chef, most of them are no longer chefs. They stopped working in the kitchen. They're products to sell books and television programs. I don't think it's right to call them chefs anymore.

However someone like Gordon Ramsey at least spent many years working in a restaurant before he became a celebrity. Julia Child did not learn how to cook until she's in her late 30s. She has never worked in a professional kitchen. Ever. It is laughable to compare the 2 of them.

Different guy here, I just want to point out that the first post in this conversation just said "who would I want to learn from?" It didn't specify that the user wanted to manage their own restaurant.

Yes, Gordon would be the go-to man for that, but if you're just talking about becoming competent in your own kitchen for your own purposes, then Julia is fine too, if not perhaps better.

>but if you're just talking about becoming competent in your own kitchen for your own purposes, then Julia is fine too, if not perhaps better.
Can you tell me better in what way? Because I can't think of any.

When you work in a restaurant you have to make the same dish thousands of time to a very high standard. This improves your skill quickly and makes you a better cook.

Watch Julia Child make an omelette then watch Jacques Pepin make an omelette and see the difference for yourself.

9/10 bait or please fuck off

ask your parents...er..grandparents.

Julia Child never even used Sous-vide

ramsay is better at both but julia still has the sicker rhymes

You should probably understand then
The video was obviously not meant for you
This thread is also not meant for you

You're getting mad about not knowing something, not leaving the thread when you don't know what to discuss, and then defending everyone else who also doesn't know anything despite the fact that none of you should be in this thread

you sound like you post in every fast food thread saying "oh gross, I can't believe you americans eat this stuff" even though nobody is making you post there

>Ramsay is a celebrity chef
No, ramsay is a michelin star chef that was so good he got tv shows. Oliver is a celeb chef, marco and ramsay are legitimately some of the best chefs to have ever lived

Do you not know what English words mean? You literally just defined a celebrity chef in describing Ramsay. A chef, who is a TV celebrity.

It's a song for little babies, they don't have to try hard

That first paragraph is precisely the point made in the post you originally responded to. The second is a non-sequitur.

The way he described it was if to say that that was ramsays main thing as opposed to Julia. When in reality ramsay is chef first celeb last and Julia is celeb first "chef" last. It's biased and incorrect wording. Fact of the matter, ramsay is a better cook in every way, and the insinuation that he isn't innovative is also pretty dumb

>Gordon Ramsey is a celebrity chef but Julia Child isn't
She wasn't. When was she ever a chef? When did she ever run a restaurant kitchen?

No, you simply don't know what words mean and you're pouring in your own biases into the word "celebrity." It's not a pejorative. The point of that original post was clearly to distinguish the roles of the two figures. Then you come along like a dumbass screaming "but they're not the same!" No fucking shit, Dick Tracy. Fucking learn how to speak before you try to correct people.

But his main thing isn't too sell books or restauranteuruling, it's too cook and invent food, it's a poor definition

>epic rap battles
>if you don't know some american tv cook for boomers get out
this thread is cancer

>When did she ever run a restaurant kitchen?
Chef != chef de cuisine

>That first paragraph is precisely the point made in the post you originally responded to.
What point? Making Julia Child and Jacques Pepin out to be equal? Making it seems like the difference between JC and GR is simply style? If someone who is not familiar with those people read that post, he/she will most likely get that impression. But that is far from the truth. There is a million miles of difference in cooking skill between Julia Child and a professional chef.

>The second is a non-sequitur.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Precisely. That's why I called her a celebrity "chef".

Most people aren't going to be aware of the difference. Reading many of the posts in this thread I don't think many people here know the difference either. Not just in the definition of the words but also the skills gap between the 2 individuals.

In conclusion, it is an insult to compare Julia Child with anybody who has worked in a professional kitchen. Nevermind Gordon Ramsay or Jacques Pepin, she should not be compared even to a hack like Bobby Flay, because he at least has worked in a real kitchen.

She is more akin to Rachael Ray, or Laura in the Kitchen on YouTube. Hobbyist cooks. Yet I'm sure you won't see anybody compare Rachael Ray to Gordon Ramsay.

>Youtube parody rap battles
my autism is flaring, OP. why did you make this thread? fuck that bullshit. are you underageb& or something? gtfo.

Are you serious?

Julia Child wasn't a big deal because of TV. She was a big deal for her cookbook.

She was largely responsible for bringing french cuisine to the average joe's kitchen outside of france.

F O R S E N B O I S

some videos from the older seasons are actually quite entertaining desu

>"there is only one F... word in Cooking! ..France! "

kek

>are legitimately some of the best chefs to have ever lived

damn dude, back off that Ramsay dick before you suffocate
don't worry he'll sill finish and call you his princess

ITT we're talking about cooks on a cooking board
>who is that extremely well known cook?
FUCK YOU, YOU'RE STUPID. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT COOKS, I WAN'T BORN YET. REEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Obvious julia childs won. I don't care that ramsay is the better cook in every dimension, Julia has better rhymes and substance. Thats what matters in a rap battle, Material and conveyance of that material.

ramsay destroyed her desu

Actually cookingwise: Probably Ramsey by a slight margin, since he's more up to date

Better rhymes in this video: Definitely Julia.

Peaked in season 1, imo.
There has never been any burn better than "there are 10^80 particles in the universe that we can observe, your momma took the ugly ones and put them into one nerd".

link?

>ERB is genuinely good tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k

nah, "What can go wrong for you will creep, Murphy's Law" is the best line in the entire show.

are you 15

The average Yank's, you mean.

I know who Julia Child is, but she is a meme.
Just buy Le Guide Culinaire and teach yourself the techniques as you go.

>voila! huge douche

mfw somebody asks
>who the fuck is julia child?

>She was largely responsible for bringing french cuisine to the average joe's kitchen outside of france

Too bad she didn't teach the french about french cuisine.

Finding a decent meal in France is not as easy as people might think. The french are in fact quite horrible at cooking and the only reason we might think they are good is because a handful of amazing french chefs have managed to uphold this idea of a great food culture. The average frenchman, however, can't cook for shit.

Hell, the british is generally much, much better at cooking even though the british cuisine is way worse than french.