Is it possible to carbonate coffee?

Is it possible to carbonate coffee?

Other urls found in this thread:

manhattanspecial.com/products_pure_espresso.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CG0p1-kVfMM
scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/carbonation-has-a-taste-09-10-16/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course it is. Though, you might run into a problem with the temperature. CO2 gas is more soluble in cold liquids than hot liquids. Since coffee is typically served hot it won't retain very much carbonation.

You could use a sodastream or pic related to carbonate any aqueous solution.

Yup. It's just not very good, but you absolutely can. Like said, hot liquids are a little harder to work with, but still possible.

You can also carbonate milk.

(Don't carbonate milk.)

You might have better luck if you carbonate iced coffee. But then you would end up with carbonated iced coffee which will probably be bad. I haven't tried it, but I work at a Starbucks and I'll try it today and I'll let you know the result if the thread is still up

Carbonated milk is just doubly-bad whipped cream, in that you've replaced the whipping cream with milk (which is bad), and the nitrogen with carbon dioxide, which lends a sour taste to things (and is also bad).

Nitrogenated cold-brew or iced coffee is something that's getting to be pretty trendy though.

Yeah, just put some carbon in it.

yeah a few local places near me (St Louis) make shitty carbonated coffee. It's only cold brew and it's really awful.

you can carbonate any sufficiently cold water infusion

manhattanspecial.com/products_pure_espresso.html

Mostly, we still can't carbonate lemonade.

Who is we? And why can't you carbonate lemonade?

Humanity. The lemons get in the way of the bubbles.

Using Starbucks cold brew, and Starbucks fizzio machines I tried carbonated cold brew today, and I do not recommend, it the taste is exceedingly bitter. That being said, if a cafe specialized in making it, it may be better

Make carbonated coffee using cold brew coffee

This shit right here nigger.

why must coffee be hot?

carbonate dat cold brew OP

youtube.com/watch?v=CG0p1-kVfMM
>Inb4 Buzzfeed

Yeah especially if it's chilled coffee.

Tried it and it doesn't taste too good.

>carbonation affects taste

Maybe you just can't make coffee.

>carbonation affects taste

>flat soda tastes exactly the same as fizzy

Uhhh, you don't get to bring bubbles.

>scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/carbonation-has-a-taste-09-10-16/

I've had it before, they sold it at a local grocery store when I lived in Seattle (Ballard/Central Market in the refrigerated soda section). It was nice.

>it's a mouthbreather shares his retarded assumption like it's a fact post