Why do people hate fast food salads?

I have been hearing a lot of people saying that fast food places (especially McDonald's) should cut down their menu, and most often I hear people saying they should take the salads off the menu. Other people complain because they are not healthy enough with meat or other toppings. I just happen to like them more than a lot of other items. If McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. didn't have salads, I wouldn't want to eat there nearly as much. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesaladicious.oddle.me/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why isn't there a fast food place that specializes in salads?

I heard Richard Simmons tried to open a salad restaurant chain a long time ago. But I agree that this is a terrific idea. There are fast casual places that revolve around salads, but an actual fast food salad joint would be awesome.

>Wat is Just Salad
>Wat is Chop't
>Wat is Sweet green
You just need to live somewhere that has people who aren't afraid of vegetables

Fast food salad is an oxymoron. It can't be healthy AND tasty.

Most fast food salads are overpriced shit that's why. 90% of the time it's iceberg lettuce drenched in ranch and topped with trendies

>expensive AF
>lettuce instead of based spinach
>standard, not even slightly interesting

Spoilage, mostly.
Fast food joints can buy a ton of a product and keep it in the freezer.

Lettuce is good for a pretty short period of time. That's a lot of lost money.

>That's a lot of lost money.

Not really. Lettuce is dirt cheap, even in bulk.

There are a couple, but they're mostly confined to shitholes like San Francisco and NYC.

>access to good food is bad

Massively overpriced, not actually healthy considering the incredible amount of sodium.

>What do you think?

I think they suck. The vegetables are always poor quality: tasteless iceberg lettuce, out-of-season watery and flavorless greenhouse tomatoes, etc. The price is high for what you get, and they're often not all that healthy given the shit-tier dressings they provide.

>i need to pay someone to cut up vegetables and put it in a bowl for me

Why is salad supposed to be healthy? Salad can be many things. Why limit it to health food bullshit? Admittedly there's no reason to turn it into this but thinking of salad as some kind of health food is a disservice to salad.

IF ONLY

thesaladicious.oddle.me/

>Salad can be many things.
Yup, like that American potato salad that's full of sugar and mayo.
Horrible.

>buying a meal means you can't cook
Spot the NEET

i didn't say you couldn't cook i said you are so fucking lazy you will pay $15 for a bowl of vegetables someone cut for you

Jacksonville FL, a salad fast food place called Crispers opened and closed in a year in the main shopping center here. Not exactly all salad all the time, but that was a big part of their deal.

Agreed. The Russian mayo, beets and pickles salad ain't much better. But Cantonese jellyfish salad is pretty good. SEA green papaya salad is great, too. Many Middle Eastern salads are off the chain. A Caesar done right is delicious as well. There's a French salad of mache lettuce and confit duck gizzards that can give a Nicoise a run for it's money. But there salads aren't "health food". They're just good food.

The idea of a fast food place serving salads as a healthy option is absurd.

Chop't is great

Usually, vegetables, grains, nuts, tubers, meats, cheeses, etc

Obviously, if your entire life is spent in a basement, and your only income is good boy points, this isn't a sensible way to spend it