I fell for the marmite meme

So This stuff just stood there in the shelf at my favorite ethnic store, so I figured why not…

And well, I am underwhelmed!

From what I read about it here and in other places on the internet, I was expecting that it is either the worst thing I ever will be eating, or that it is the nectar of the gods, but it's just meh…

Not really bad, but also not really good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FWQqgfE1YaM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So what is all the fuss about?

Its just very salty, with some slight other taste, I cant really point my finger at. The meme word for that taste is probably Umani.

Or am I doing it wrong?

But, turns out if I go for a meme-fusion, it actually turns from meh to decent!

Should've bought vegemite instead.

So what else can I do with that stuff, besides smearing it on buttered bread with some siracha sauce?

Why bother with mediocre product? We're only here for so many spins of the Earth. Make them count.

Because I am in Europe, and it was the first time I ever saw that stuff here at all. But yeah, I know, seems like the split between vegemite and marmite believers is worse than the one between shias and sunnis, but I dont care.

you whot m8?

it's cause marmite is actually shit in australia, the uk marmite is basically on par with aussie vegemite

It's basically flavored MSG, the taste varies depending on what you combine it with

The fuck are you doing... Did you toast that fucking bread beforehand? Why isn't your butter melted?

>toasting bread
>melting butter
WTF are YOU doing?
Unlike sponges, bread is not supposed to be toasted.

Marmite applied to untoasted bread is going to be disappointing

The marmite on toast with butter is the defacto suggestion for a reason

But it's okay, marmite has many uses even if you're not keen on it on its own. A great addition to a cheese sandwich, or try a little in your meat sauces or chilis or stews to add a miraculous amount of glutamates.

>It's basically flavored MSG
only it isn't.

Put some in scrambled eggs.

It is functionally equivalent to flavored MSG

>equivalent
So it basically isn't flavored MSG at all, faggot.
Nice damage control though, Ameritard.

this!
marmite needs toast

marmite is an umami bomb. You can add it to certain sauces to up the umami, kinda like anchovies, which is my go to since I can't buy marmite at my store

youtube.com/watch?v=FWQqgfE1YaM

Looks like you've got a good amount of butter obviously there. I find marmite is complimented by lots of butter

Put it on some toast
Make some sandwiches

To someone whose tastebuds aren't nuked by HFCS exposure, it's either awful or wonderful.

I find it tastes like road surface.

Marmite and Vegemite are both disgusting and British and Australian people are both disgusting for eating them.

I am gay. I used to go on chatrooms to meet guys because in my country (Iran) being gay is obviously a huge no. I met a gay British Australian couple who used to fucking threeway with me on group chat. Eventually they ound my name and threatened me to import vegetmite and marmite. I had to

1. Dip one hand in Marmite
2. Dip one hand in Vegetmite
3. Masturbate with the marmite hand and speak in a british accent
4. Masturbate with the vegemite hand and speak in a australian accent

and this went on for months before they got bored. fucking animals, disgusting salty food.

thats because sriracha is literally awesome sauce it even makes for a delicious and refreshing beverage when mixed with seltzer. There is literally nothing which is not made better with sriracha

can i ask you why gay people engage in such destructive behaviours like casual sex with many different partners? much more and of a greater magnitude than straights anyway

All gays are r-types. The biological justification for their very existence is to fuck around as much as possible, be seen as non-competitors for breeding rights, and just happen to casually slip it into some fertile loins along the way.

>marmite meme
memeite

Just did a poo lads

Is that a loss edit?