Rice

What's the best way to cook rice? But I mean plain rice - all you can add is seasoning and maybe sauce. I'm sort of new here and I have no idea how to make rice well, but I really want to try eating some plain rice.

Other urls found in this thread:

gaymales.tumblr.com/or
youtube.com/watch?v=DJFU7ezipbg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

throw that shit out and get brown rice you fat fuck

I'll try looking for such a thing, but I'm not sure if there is brown rice in the stores around here. What's the difference?

Are you real

I'm Bulgarian. I've never seen brown rice in Bulgaria. At least not in most stores. Maybe in some big chains there will be 2 packs that no one has bought since 2 years ago. I could be quite wrong though - I've never cared enough for rice to look past the label "rice" on the package.

persian style. par boil for about 7 minutes, drain then steam with some butter

Either get brown rice or parboiled rice. The difference is they taste different, they have more vitamins and brown rice takes longer to cook.

1 CUP RICE
2 CUPS BOILING WATER
1 TEASPOON SALT
1 CRUSHED GARLIC CLOVE (OPTIONAL)
COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR 20 MINUTES
INB4 TOO MUCH WATER
FUCK OFF

thx
so parboiled rice is a type of rice that you buy? i dont parboil it for 7 minutes? or i got that wrong?

>so parboiled rice is a type of rice that you buy?

Yes. It's already been partially cooked, which means it's faster to finish cooking.

thx

i guess im going with this one

Parboiled rice doesn't need a specific water ratio. Just give it plenty of water.

i cant get parboiled i think. im bulgarian. just normal rice is what i can use. ill look for parboiled or brown or whatever the equivalent of that is here but i dont have high hopes for it. ill use the rice i have for now

I believe that a dash of soy in the water gives it a nice flagaymales.tumblr.com/or

>flagaymales.tumblr.com/or

a nice salty flavor, I'm sure

Last time I was in Bulgaria, you guys seemed pretty European. but I only was in Sofia and its vicinity. The large Spars seemed really well stocked.
>I believe that a dash of soy in the water gives it a nice flagaymales.tumblr.com/or
hah. pressed a CTRL with your 'v'?

spar? i googled that and it doesnt seem to be in bulgaria. maybe youre confusing the country. there are big stores everywhere, ofc, but there are a lot of small shops and people tend to just go there. you cant find 10000 different types of rice there

>i googled that and it doesnt seem to be in bulgaria.
You are right, it was not Spar, but you do have some supermarkets or even hypermarkets by one of the large European groups in Bulgaria, or at least in the outskirts of Sofia.
>maybe youre confusing the country
I am pretty sure I was working in Bulgaria during that time. also, where else would Bulgaria air get me to?

Rice n water in a pot use your first knuckle on your finger n touch the bottom of the pot n use your thumb to feel for the top of the rice hold.your thumb put your.finger in the water to the top if the rice it should be where your thumb is, cook on medium heat with a lid. That has a vent hold should be done in about 10 15 min... old asian trick i learned from family

Add shredded cheese and chives

could you try explaining again the thumb and finger knuckle thing? you lost me there

Shit, yeah. Fucked up there

I prefer white jasmine rice over all.

I use a rice cooker, but my process is:

1 1/2 cup rice in the metal pot
Rinse and scrub the rice, drain, repeat until when you fill it with water, the water is no longer cloudy (clear)
Place your finger gently ontop of the rice in the pot, fill with water until the water reaches the first knuckle-line of your index finger
Give it a stir
Place metal pot into rice cooker, flip the switch.

The rice always tastes perfect to me. My asian grandma taught me this method. I trust her cooking skill more than anyone.

Lol yeah sure....
3 cups of rice 3 cups of water use index finger to touch the bottom of the pot,use your thumb to mark the top of your rice n pull your finger out holding your mark, now put your finger in your rice water so you just touch the top of your rice pile and it should be at your mark made at your thumb if its not pour some.water out n try again

OP, stay away from parboiled rice. /ignore

Brown rice is nutty and flavorful from a higher oil content, but if it is always old in your store, don't buy it, it will be rancid.

If you do want flavorful rice, and you can get varieties like jasmine, basmati, creamy pearl, or wild blends, then by all means, experiment for a favorite.

In the meantime, you should simply steam it in water, 1:2 ratio, or just shy of that. 1:1.75 water. Your pot thickness, your lid tightness, will be a trial and error for what it takes for your perfect pot of rice. Try bring to boil, scrape up bottom, move to simmer for 20mins, then off the heat for 10 mins. Don't lift lid til 30 minutes up. That's my secret.

Cubans, put in a glog of olive oil in the cooking water, clove of garlic, a sliced onion, anything you like as aromatics. Or once steamed, do some mexican cilantro, lime and salt, or some asian vinegar. Do a pat of butter. Gravy? Ehh, not my thing. I like them as a side for a saucey meat though, from fiery hot chili to curried chicken, picadillo, fricasse. Yogurt sauced shiskkebab one of my favorites.

you can either buy parboiled rice or parboil it yourself. i suggested parboiling it yourself. i strongly suggest looking up a persian rice recipe because they are GOAT at rice and you don't need to muck about with the saffron and shit

thx
the rice dishes in bulgaria are just awful. the rice always ends up being very oily and tasteless. usually its chicken with rice or pork with rice or something like that. i never liked the taste of that, but i believe i like rice. just never had well cooked rice. when i go to a chinese place or when i order some risotto i always like the rice. pic is the only good thing with rice that is somewhat bulgarian. its vine or sauerkraut leaves filled with rice and some other things like carrot, onion and minced meat. it can be found in greece and turkey as well. as far as i know its either turkish or byzantine, but now i think its everywhere in the balkans. but i always wanted to make some good old plain rice which tastes good. i remember a thai girl once brought some home cooked rice in a basket or something and it tasted very nice - perfect thickness, colour, texture - and most importantly it wasnt oily like the garbage we eat here

youtube.com/watch?v=DJFU7ezipbg

Vid talks about ratio's, etc....

now that i saw that video i remember buying uncle bens rice bags and i remember those turned out quite nice. but i dont seem to be able to replicate the effect - and those bags of rice cost like 5 times more than normal rice.

What do you want from me a fucking video cook some rice in water get mush if you want, i make rice like everyday it was the way my grandma did it

>What do you want from me

Stop offering advice in English, as your posts are pretty close to being little more than gibberish.

what is this shit just put in about half a cup more water than there is rice in the pan.