What food do you love that a lot of people don't?

What food do you love that a lot of people don't?

Pic related

black licorice jelly beans

clams. snails

Those are the bomb dont let anyone tell you different.

>T*rkish "delight"

>unsalted licorice

it's good familia

I enjoy salted licorice, but the only people who know about salted licorice here eat it
meanwhile everyone I know hates the black licorice flavored jelly beans

just let me love me some licorice

celery. people say it doesn't taste like anything but it has a distinctly horrible taste for me.

food you LOVE user
not food you hate

also fuck you you're wrong celery is delicious and integral in a lot of soups and stews

I decided to experiment and I put celery in borscht. Shit was good. would recommend

1. damn i'm a dumbass for real
2. i like it when it's incorporated into things (like soups and stews) but eating it raw is actually incomprehensible to me

Fried gizzards w/ hot sauce
Drinking beer while eating chocolate

I just don't understand why a lot of people hate broccoli. I love it.

What kind of monster doesn't love eggnog?

Olives. I didn't know how widely they were hated until people kept commenting on seeing me eat stuff with them in.

fucking gas yourself

Olives are literally the single best food in the world.

>eating it raw is actually incomprehensible to me

That's why you dip it in peanut butter or dressing.

I love insufferably sweet desserts and candy.

Martini Asti is a sugar bomb that only I like in the family.

TurrĂ³n is god tier dessert that only I like as well. I make sure to buy loads of that shit when I visit Mallorca.

Is that rose flavored?

Yeah I like that as well, my wife says it tastes like bathroom cleaner and potpourri

Do people exist that don't like egg nog?

coconut in any form is one of the few foods i just won't fucking eat. i just don't like it.

the rose flavoured are my least favorite

still goat tier candy

I made olive bread with rosemary recently for the first time, felt like I had unlocked a new tier of flavour

Olives are amazing. One of those things I can eat by themselves.

Same with pickled garlic in olive oil.

There was also this glass jar we bought from the now closed foreign food store in my town (rip), with these small beans and chili in oil. That shit was fucking addicting. I would sit back and eat a whole jar of that in no time.

No you

Prep mostly, people steam the hell out of it until it's mush. It's still not very good, but if i cook it i'll eat it

Salted lemonade/Gatorade
Dried squid
Dry ramen

broccoli > asparagus

ill never understand why faggots like asparagus

it makes your pee taste funny

>ooh lookit me I'm too fancy for jelly beans

oh god i fucking love lima beans and i have no idea why

Because they're great that's why

Protip: if you're making a whole pot of lima beans, melt a teaspoon of lard into it. It's good shit

I really love violet candies, nobody else i know enjoy it. There is just something about them that i can't explain.

I lol'd at this because I love Necco wafers as well but I have only received reactions of disgust when telling people I like them

everybody I know hates them and when I was a kid if I bought one my dad made me go outside to eat them cause the smell is so strong

so what does turkish delight taste like? softer jelly beans?

stir fry cauliflower with a bit of duck fat > broccoli. not saying broccoli is bad though.

You know a lot of pussies. Everyone I know loves them.

I came here to post Lima beans. I literally made some tonight.

Cabbage.

I'm Irish, maybe that's why. I eat it daily.

I like the violet gum, if that counts.

Steamed broccoli is my shit. Butter sauce is overkill, but occasionally nice.

Legit thought that was tempeh. Which is pretty good.

>TFW my dad told me I have defective taste buds for liking these

>Dry ramen
This nurse who used to visit my aunt for checkups and shit used to mention how she munched ramen raw. She was easily 400+ pounds.

raw mushrooms

Those are great, but eating them makes my tummy hurt.

Not really. It's hard to explain. The authentic stuff tastes a lot different I like mine with macadamia nuts in it though.

My wife's son eats them. He always eats them in the house even though they disgust me

>My wife's son
Why are you raising another mans kid?

It's a meme you dip

I also enjoy drinking beer with chocolate, especially dark beer with a dark chocolate.

My wife is a very strong, independent woman and I enjoy her presence. She convinced me to vote for Bernie.

This shit is the bomb, reminds me of my grandmother.

I vividly remember sharing this with some friends in school (high school, no less) and the ungrateful fucks spit it out in front of me.

Those high school kids sound Australian.

It was in Hawaii, and the specific culprits were Asian and Hawaiian iirc.

>Wasting food
God damn, the least they could do is swallow. Spitting it out is what small children do.

Fried gizzards are the tits

Who doesn't like licorice?

i tried these once and even though the package said "seedless" every single one was full of seeds.

I'm not a big fan of hot sauce on my chicken organs, but gizzards are alright. There's this local chicken place that has god tier gizzards, and their chicken fried potato wedges are fantastic as well.

People with no taste.

I've never met anyone who has disliked ramen.

I'm not surprised people hate these. its very easy to get shit versions of it.

People with taste.

Shit taste that is.

MUSHROOMS

ever since i was a kid i loved mushrooms

nobody else knows this feel

this and brussels sprouts. i swear hating them is a meme taught to kids by cartoons. i always expected them to taste like ass and one day my mom made them and i loved them so i requested brussels sprouts for another day and turns out i loved them too. never trusted Nickelodeon after that.

Those aren't people, user.
No, but seriously, olives are one of those things that separate men from boys.

Don't get me wrong, I'll eat olives most definitely and their oil is nectar, but let's be honest olives are not really meant to be eaten by themselves. They have to be brined to all fuck before they're even remotely palatable.

you can just get the fuck out right now.

I love broccoli but asparagus is GOAT.

looks fucking delicious

don't worry i would've eaten all of them. one of my roommates regularly brings home different tamarind candies and they all get disappeared.

On topic, I'll eat a lot of foods plain that other people always mention putting stuff on.

Like a good avocado - I just eat that shit with a spoon, but almost every time I mention eating one someone with chime in with "oh yeah they're so good with some salt and lime!" Well obviously they're good with salt and lime, but sometimes you can just enjoy something by itself?

That honestly happens more than you'd know.

I'd take it as far as to promote this kind of strange, grand theory of mine that people's taste buds in well off societies are kind of fucked and that they require extra flavor when really most things are good by themselves.

It really hit me after I did some extended water fasts and came back to food and just plain roasted/steamed vegetables or literally plain fucking rice was delicious.

I'm lazy as shit so lots of times I'll just eat plain basmati rice. My coworkers will look over suspiciously and ask, "is that just rice"? - I don't see what the big deal is.

Don't get me wrong, I'll make things complicated when I have the time but it's not like something has to be seasoned to eat it. And even better, after eating some plain rice, adding some salt and pepper and butter makes that shit bomb af.

sorry for tl:dr

Are you one of those people that don't salt their watermelon?

>people steam the hell out of it until it's mush. It's still not very good, but if i cook it i'll eat it

this. brocolli is the bomb when done right, just steamed to slightly start to cook, but not lose any of the crunch. when it's mush it's awful.

>Like a good avocado - I just eat that shit with a spoon, but almost every time I mention eating one someone with chime in with "oh yeah they're so good with some salt and lime!" Well obviously they're good with salt and lime, but sometimes you can just enjoy something by itself?

I can eat a plain avocado sometimes but only when it's perfectly ripe otherwise it doesn't have enough flavor and I feel like I'm missing out.

Back in the 50s and 60s, no one knew how to cook. So the guys making cartoons assume that veggies were awful horrible things and then the kids growing up watching those things in the 80s and 90s think that broccoli is some sort of monster veggie that no one likes and will refuse to even try it, because it's been imprinted on them from all those hours their parents let the TV babysit them.

People who don't like sweet food or beverages.

I'm not saying I won't or that I refuse; just saying that foods are often still tasty even if they're not necessarily "prepared".

salted watermelon sounds good af though I will try that.

Eh they're ok. I mean I'll eat them but I don't think they're anything special.

I love these.

Natto with rice n spicy mustard is seriously amazing, in a roll is also bretty gud

>peanut butter

What is wrong with you?

>Avocado
>Salt and lime

Sounds interesting, I'll try it as soon as I get my hand on some fresh avocado; I usually have mine with ground cinnamon and a pinch of cane sugar.

>mfw viol means rape in french.

Hell yeah, excellent taste.

It's Latin for infringing on something sacred and is the base for violate, violent, etc.

I love cabbage in most forms.
Turkish delight is great, didn't know people didn't like that. Maybe they've only eaten it old and stale?
Anchovies are delicious.
Olives, mushrooms and capers too.
Dark chocolate >70%
Liver is nice

What about violet?

I think hating liver and onions is as much a meme forced on everyone who watched cartoons in the 80s and onward growing up as hating broccoli or any sort of vegetable, really.

Are you secretly my Aunt Ruth? Aunt Ruth, I hate that your car smells like stale farts and flowers. And your candies may complete the ensemble, but why did you have to give me a piece every time you visited like it was some kind of treat.

Peasoup with chili.

More like especially soft jujubes or Swedish Fish.

I find liver in general pretty vile. I get liking the initial, dominant meaty flavor, but that weird, almost bitter hint to the flavor, and gritty texture just kill it for me. It's okay in braunschweiger, though.