Why are so many people anti soda? How shit must your diet be if you cant fit a can of soda in with a meal...

Why are so many people anti soda? How shit must your diet be if you cant fit a can of soda in with a meal, which is like what 220 calories st most?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_by_country
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The theory is that soda is sweet and sweet things are enjoyed more by children. Adults prefer more bitter flavors like beer and bold red wine with their meals

That being said I love a nice Coca Cola and there are a lot of specialty sodas that have very interesting flavor profiles. I once had a cucumber rose water soda and it was quite the experience

I for one can do without kidney stones.

It's nutritionally void
It tastes sickly sweet
It contains an unhealthy amount of sugar
I'd rather spend the money on other things.

Quads don't lie, OP

It's always hilarious when I see fatties order a diet soda with their 4000 calorie fast food meal. "Don't wan't dem shiggars makin muh fat".

Exercise so you can eat as much sugar as you want.

>calories are bad.
You're a fucking idiot, son.

proclivity to kidney stones is similar to high cholesterol
its more genetic lottery whether these things will be extremely affected by your diet

I don't see this as conginitive dissonance.

Fatty knows that diet taste pretty much the same, so taking the sugar version is just empty calories.

If he enjoys the drink either way, why not? It's not like it hurts.

>diet soda tastes the same

if I had to drink diet soda id much rather just drink water

Why are fatties so pro-soda? How fat must you be to insist on drinking sugared water regularly?

Are you on a diet of 1000 or less? You cant fit 220 cals in?

But why would you want to

>Exercise so you can eat as much sugar as you want.

that's not how exercise fucking works. even in healthy individuals there's a MAXIMUM amount of sugar that's allowed in order to maintain good health (i.e. avoid issues with kidney disease, diabetes etc). The FDA recommends a MAXIMUM of 24g a day for a healthy adult.

>you should be more open minded you baby
>except for sugar. its evil and will make you die

i bet you substitute shit like agave or honey because its classy though right?

faggot

It's called lack of self discipline and denial.
I'm all for it, the more they drink the faster the fat-fucks will die.

220 calories is half a 10 oz steak. I would rather eat the fucking steak. Fatass.

Because a nice cola tastes good with dinner.

No shitlord, I drink coffee & tea black because I'm not a fucking little girl who has to enjoy syrupey sweet shit 24 hours a day

a nice glass of water tastes better fattie

My maintenance is 2200 I can fit a soda in and 2 steaks if i wanted

My maintenance is also 2200 and I would rather waste the calories on something better than fucking sugar water. Fattie.

I drink water throughout the day, faggot

If they're a fatass ordering a ton of mcdicks, they probably don't have a terribly refined palatte -- to them the diet probably tastes close enough.

i only drink diet root beer. No sugar and it isn't very acidic.

Good. Now if you stopped drinking soda regularly, you might start actually start resembling an actual fucking adult

I can't work out and burn off calories, so to keep weight down I have to cut unnecessary calories.

I never really enjoyed sodas besides Root Beer, everything it just too god damn sweet and I don't like that.

Im addicted to Surge so good.

In my country most people stop drinking sugar water when they pass the age of 13.

The real question is why do Amerifats have the palates of little children?

Soda is cheap therefore it's poor people food, look at them. All fat and sweaty, living in those big homes with a second fridge in the garage
If you start chatting 12 bucks a can people in new York will make two hour lines to get one and then go back to their tiny closet apartment to blog about how great it is

But I don't like soda. Even if it had 0 cals I wouldn't drink it.

For sugary drinks, chocolate milk and hot chocolate are superior in all aspects. Or maybe a cocktail or hard cider or beer or something.

Quads of truth. Soda is for manchildren.

>How shit must your diet be if you cant fit a can of soda in with a meal
>a can
Nigga please, we know you keep one of these beside your computer always and at mealtime.

Like what? What exactly are you consuming that amounts to 2200 calories a day that doesn't involve sugar or the scary carbs that are so confusing and nobody understands?
2200 calories is enough to fit two great healthy meals and have a lot of extra fkod

Yeah tiny 13 year old Paco is. A man now, he has to get a job and provide for her wife and two chikdren

I drank myself sick of it as a kid, now I hate it most of the time.

Soda is nasty. Also, HFCS is addictive and Americans put that shit in literally everything.

You just sound weak willed

Syrup-water is for hummingbirds, not people.

I drink diet pop or coffee most of the time. Once in a blue moon I get a can (12 oz) or a bottle (10 oz) of regular or Mexican Coke.

>Like what?
like more steak you fat fuccboi

Cucumber Rosewater sounds great! What was the name of it?

>which is like what 220 calories st most

Beer and liquor typically have less calories in the same volume. Grow up, son.

There's probably more than a thousand pounds of human flesh in this picture as well.

>posting a picture of an obese man who died of a heart attack while defending unhealthy food
Not the brightest move.

It never dawned on me how this looks like one of those photoshopped big ass pics where the guy just kept going crazy.

Soda isn't that bad in moderation.
I enjoy a nice sprite every now and then.

beer has more fucking calories than coca cola

This

I have kidney stones fairly often even tough i almost never drink anything sweet. I have enlarged ureters or some shit. Genetic reason. Sure, soda might be a factor, but its mostly the way you were born

no it doesn't. kill yourself

Actually, it does. I just googled it.
One 12oz can of coca-cola is 140 calories
One 12oz can of budweiser is 150 calories

Clearly different beers might have different caloric amounts but Bud seems like a pretty average beer to choose. Darker beers or those with higher ABV% will certainly be higher.

Corona Extra, Heineken, and Carlsberg are all the same at about 150 cals. Any other major beers you want to check?

>the people who don't order sodas are the unhealthy ones

now that is some mental gymnastics

>People who don't drink water because it's "boring" or "plain"
I don't comprehend.

>Soda is for manchildren
>Hot chocolate please!

10/10.

I can't drink any carbonated beverages my throat reacts badly to them

I substituted soda for hard cider. Tastes just as good bur with less sugar, more booze and a better nutritional profile.

Fucking vegetables, fruits or diary with optional grains? It's only like a thousand times better than drinking sugary water. Also variety is not limited to artifical colorings.

Because everything the eat contains shitloads of sugar. Just look at what McD serves - theres sugar in EVERYTHING , even the fucking burger buns. The food you can buy in grocery stores isnt better by much , unless you shill out a fortune for fresh , not pre-packeged produce. The american Pizza chains put sugar in the Pizza dough of all things - thats why american fast food can get people legit addicted, due to them becoming used to a massive, regular intake of sugar without noticing. See also: The general lack of incredible lardassery in the rest of the world.

Well OP, you have a bunch of people who are so concerned with their outward appearance that they have given up soda. Their lives are full of raw veggies, granola, soy products, tears, and those huge water bottles full of water that they carry everywhere. Now they can post on Veeky Forums to their hearts content wearing those stupid fucking outfits and look like retarded holocaust victims.

They're jealous of all the normal people who enjoy a soda every now and again without losing control and having a normal happy healthy life with every delicious thing in moderation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_by_country
It's because modern technology has led to an era of decadence where no one has to starve in the first world.

Fatty here (although I haven't drank soda in years), I've never seen a fellow fatty do this and if they do, its because they're diabetic.

But also what when I drank soda I couldn't tell the difference so if its a fat guy who wants a soda, he might as well get the diet soda.

Its literally just a meme and people say to make fun of fat people.

I only drink water and occasionally juices. I don't have the urge to drink anything else.

t. Lardass

My sister claims she's given up soda, but when I question her over the fact that she bought a 12 pack of Pepsi yesterday and almost always has some sort of HFCS flavor water when she comes in from work, she just says "I buy what I want." Ironically enough, she's also concerned about getting diabetes, since most everyone on our father's side of the family(except our dad himself, who is actually in somewhat good health) has type II. She says this while guzzling Hawaiian punch by the gallon and buying "snacks" every day. She legitimately disgusts me. Her entire diet consists of hot cheetos, HFCS water, and various other snack foods. Also, she never exercises. She claims that she's always super tired when she comes home and does nothing but sleep and go to work and sleep while at work while not realizing that it's because she oversleeps so much that she feels like shit. She works as a security job on third shift, all she does is make her rounds like once per hour then sit around watching Netflix all night. Easiest job in the world, yet it wears her out.

My sister has also never drank a glass of water in her entire life. She's turning 26 this year.

I'm not anti soda.
I prefer soda made with real sugar which is not common in the US so I don't drink it often. Milk, water, Orange juice, and beer are my main beverages. I also enjoy dry red wines, but then I've never been big on sweets.

Yeah, but calories=/= fat. Unlike soda, alcohol in certain quantities has been shown to stimulate weight loss.

I like soda occasionally. Very much prefer it to alcohol.

Veeky Forums is so heavy on the "I'm an adult with refined taste" that they'll go to great lengths to prove their alleged "maturity", when all they do is entertain some "le classy gentleman" fantasy.

That being said, soda is one of those sneaky calorie monsters that can really fuck your weight up if you're not careful.

Soda tastes like plastic and chemicals to me

phosphoric acid which in most applications is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and NOT INTENDED for any consumption, but this is apparently diluted enough they pretend its safe. Phosphoric acid dissolves teeth, it can easily cause cavities, it causes kidney stones, gallstones, and liver problems as well deplete your bone calcium.
Its fucking toxic waste.. and you're drinking it.

I only like creme soda and root beer or sometimes Coke from a can, but hardly ever drink it since I prefer water or milk with a meal.

It fits into my meal pan just fine as an occasional treat. Gone though are the days where I'd drink 6-18 sodas at a LAN party or something though. Drinking anymore than one soda these days leaves more feeling sick and bloated.

Same here. I allow myself 1 a week, and I usually end up pouring half of it out.

hell yeah creme soda is amazing
but other than that I like fruit juices, smoothies, milkshakes, y'know

it's easy to drink a lot of soda and it can be shocking when you realise you've been drinking 50% of your daily allowance of calories without accounting for it. the people who are super anti soda are often people who lost a lot of weight by dropping it. it might seem unfathomable to those people that anyone could get fat by other means; the perceived overhead granted by not drinking soda is so significant to them and their experiences. we all look for a silver bullet.

soda is easy to point fingers at from a nutritional standpoint. its calories are 'empty'. it has a high acid content. it has no fibre or protein. the energy in it comes from sugar, which is currently an extremely unfashionable nutrient. we live in a world in which the availability of nutritional energy has been optimised to a point where we are advised to actively try and hinder its flow into our bodies. soda is a near-saturated solution of the most efficient nutritional fuel in its most efficiently digestible form.

Hooker perfume

thats a 10th of a days allowance of calories, its not worth it unless youre actually active and not sitting on your fat arse all day

>Why are so many people anti soda? How shit must your diet be if you cant fit a can of soda in with a meal, which is like what 220 calories st most?
Tell me what's in that 'caramel color' and why it's in any way OK to consume, then we'll talk

>thats a 10th of a days allowance of calories

Maybe if your a lazy ass desk jockey. Try being active (that doesn't include rolling around on a mat at the Gym for a hour). Just because you're lazy doesn't mean all soda drinkers are fat and lazy, see related pic.

>Tell me what's in that 'caramel color' and why it's in any way OK to consume, then we'll talk

It's just food coloring, probably made from beetle shells. No big deal. There's way worse shit in the fast food you probably eat.

ur sister sounds like my type srs

She's also black. Rags on me for not being educated, but dropped out of college when her third rate law school was too much for her.

Caramel color is manufactured by heating carbohydrates, either alone or in the presence of acids, alkalis, and/or salts. Caramel color is produced from commercially available nutritive sweeteners consisting of fructose, dextrose (glucose), invert sugar, sucrose, malt syrup, molasses, starch hydrolysates and fractions thereof. The acids that may be used are sulfuric, sulfurous, phosphoric, acetic, and citric acids; the alkalis are ammonium, sodium, potassium, and calcium hydroxides; and the salts are ammonium, sodium, and potassium carbonate, bicarbonate, phosphate (including mono- and dibasic), sulfate, and bisulfite. Antifoaming agents, such as polyglycerol esters of fatty acids, may be used as processing aids during manufacture.[6] Its color ranges from pale-yellow to amber to dark-brown.

Caramel color molecules carry either a positive or a negative charge depending upon the reactants used in their manufacture. Problems such as precipitation, flocculation, or migration can be eliminated with the use of a properly charged caramel color for the intended application.

ooooo zomg all those scary chemicals, oh noes. Half of those you can find on your cupboard. If you think that's bad look up the data sheets on the pesticides and herbicides used on your produce.

>tour de france participant
>small down time between races and require muscle glycogen replenishment so they drink the carbonated HFCS

>comparing 3% of the top vo2max population with even 1.5 SD away from the median on a non-competition phase

you sure shot your argument down yourself

I'm not anti soda, just anti people who drink soda

It's a lot like guns. I'm indifferent to them, but gun nuts are fucking insane

I'd be happy if both soda and guns were banned, because it would enrage the kind of people I most dislike

i don't think it's bad, i just posted it.

the vast majority of the chemicals in that list are *used* to produce the finished ingredient but aren't actually present in the drink anyway. fundamentally similar to how pretzels are made with lye.

>vo2max
>standard dev

OooOooooo look out mr brain coming through

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'd honestly be more worried about niggers and spics than gun nuts, Americunt.

Competitive road cyclist here. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about and all FDA guidelines are tailored for weak little faggots that live a sedentary lifestyle.

On endurance training rides I burn upward of 4,000-5,000 calories worth of glycogen. Guess what I'm eating 200 calories worth of every hour? Pure sugar.

I'm so skinny and lean that most people probably cringe when they look at me.

They don't really worry me, but that's because I can tell the difference between reality and Hollywood documentaries such as death wish starring action Bronson

I'd wager it's more likely that you don't have to live anywhere near large nigger and spic populations. I've been to Philadelphia, New Orleans, and LA and I've never felt less safe than when I was going through nigger neighborhoods.

What if I despise all of the above?

Nothing would make me happier than a room filled with all the niggers, spics, evangelical gun nuts, and SJWs and just broadcast it on live television while they all kill each other. I wonder who would come out on top?

Probably the gun nuts, considering they have guns.

Probably the ones with the guns.

I live in a small northeastern city called nieuw amsterdam, not far from a neighborhood known as haarlem (it's Dutch)

There are many ex slaves and Spanish is commonly heard on my block

Trust me, it's not an issue in real life, you probably gave them that "oh my god a nigger" startled look that some sheltered people do the first time they see a real life minority. This is impolite, and others may not be so friendly after you do that

This, the people that say they aren't bad have never lived near a lot of them

Plot twist: Illegal mexicans also have guns, ones that are not legal for citizen ownership to be specific.

do you define a gun nut as a gun owner?

>Trust me, it's not an issue in real life.

Maybe for you, and that's because you lock up many of the more dangerous niggers and spics. America has the largest prison population in the world.

Also, I'm pretty sure NYC has a police force larger than my country's army.