Convenience food

What is happening with our planet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry, not all of us have mommy to make lunch for us every day before high school.

...?

saw a package of boiled peeled eggs being sold at the store last time i went shopping

stupid people gonna stupid. smart business doesn't care just give them whatever their lazy chubby hands will pay for.

How is this one convenient at all?

styrofoam tray
You don't even need to put your kiwifruit in your lunchbox

not a bad idea

>want avocado on something
>have to use the whole avocado in minutes or it turns to brown mush

still that price is fucking stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4

You can use ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder) to keep apples, pears and avocados fresh.

They're pre-cooked

people with arthritis shouldn't be able to enjoy oranges

eh, pre-boiled and peeled eggs are legit.

I'm sure these are produced for people with arthritis.

Wat

you mean type 2 diabeetus with finger numbness right?

>eat a bunch of preservatives so i dont have to wait for water to boil for 8 minutes

or just plain lemon juice

I choose to believe that the only people who would purchase these at the markup are people who need assistance

No, but that's also a possibility. Though what person with dahbeetus eats oranges?? Lets be real

Private contractors with more money than sense and time I suppose.

yeah, but you can really just go
>eat a bunch of preservatives so i dont have to [blank]
and describe half a grocery store.

It offer a lot more convenience than pre-peeled oranges and bananas

>>not putting your eggs in and then boiling the water

This one just doesn't even make sense.

This is almost as bad as the diced onions and peppers I see all the time

Why is this funny?

My grandmother has SERIOUS arthritis and can't do anything by herself. We used to hire a babysitter for her and he couldn't open oranges due to having a citrus allergy. His hands would get puffy and red everytime she wanted an orange. She started harassing him because of it and one day pretended to be a pirate with scurvy for the entire fucking day just to bully him.

He quit. Now I have to live with her. I would KILL for that guy back. Imagine if he had access to these products? He could just leave them in the fridge for her.

see Beat ya to it.
People who are capable of doing something without thought can't fathom anyone possibly needing help with regards to these seemingly simple things

I'm having a mental breakdown right now. She's allergic to oranges? So she can't peel it? Her hands swell up and have an allergic reaction peeling them? But she still eats? She does this without dying? I don't understand.

you can hire CNAs to show up for a few hours. its pretty sweet. they are basically slaves that make like $8/hr to do your laundry and make food for you. your insurance will probably even pay for it.

keep a close eye on your stuff/prescriptions though, most of them will probably try to steal from you.

your grandpa is an allergic pirate?

>I don't understand.

That's evident.
Grandmother has arthritis and wants to eat oranges.
Babysitter has the allergy and therefore couldn't open oranges for grandma.

Your reading comp needs work, user.

for 8$/hr yeah they're stealing

how do you get the trees to grow oranges in containers instead of peels?

damn Monsanto keeps fucking blowing my mind

Yeah I can't believe people are forgetting about all those arthritic grandmas with babysitters that have a citrus allergy.

those are actually useful if you want eggs nao. a prepeeled orange is for retards

sounds like both you, him, and grandma are all retarded for not getting the guy some fucking latex gloves how the hell do you have an allergy against something that you need to live?

It's great for people with disabilities or difficulty with motor skills.

this one makes sense, you cant boil an egg in a 45 minute lunch break and i would rather starve than get one from the buffette section, i was a highschool kid once, i remember what those fuckers did to that food

those are actually useful if you want oranges nao. a prepeeled egg is for retards

Or just not worry about it because it's mostly just discolouration on the exposed surface.

I don't think it's at all a bad idea for shit like oranges. The bananas in the other picture look iffy. If I couldn't properly open the peel, I think I'd rather go for them frozen

this is the most wtf thing ITT

I buy sliced up melon at my local asian grocery. Its a buck and there's nothing wrong with that

Could be some stupid health code BS.

Blanching actually will retain color on stuff way better than citric acid can. 30 seconds in boiling water, then shock it. It's obviously not as useful for avocados, but other stuff like basil for pesto works rather well.

>on the road
>need a quick snack
>want orange
>no time to stop between destinations
>no time to spend 20 minutes peeling an orange while driving

I see no problem with this

conveniently wrapped, obv

>3.99
in Zulu dollars I hope

>No, but that's also a possibility. Though what person with dahbeetus eats oranges?? Lets be real

my diabeetus gives me terrible pins and needles in my fingers. there's no way i can eat oranges because of the thick plastic peel.

this is ultimate lazy. I totally approve.

Nigger, just remove the pit and wrap it in plastic wrap.

Hire that guy back and get his ass to put on some gloves when he needs to handle citrus.

I feel like anyone who buys this shit doesn't have a right to complain about peeled oranges.

i bet you own a garlic press, fag

There are times where you don't want the water and oil that comes with fresh garlic

Nope.

>garlic press
and wtf is wrong with that?
You think chopping and mincing with your knife gives you a different result in the end?

i'm not poor, so i can afford this.. mincing garlic is a pain in the ass and it's a mess, especially if you have to do it every single time you need raw garlic.

it's SO MUCH EASIER to just buy the jar for a couple bucks and use it all month rather than:

>buy head of garlic
>make a mess peeling the skin of the head off to get down to the actual clove
>cutting the stem end of the clove off
>smashing the clove with a knife
>removing the outer peel (making more mess)
>finally mincing the clove of garlic

fuck you. you're a retard for comparing this process to that of peeling an orange.

The problem with it isn't its convenience, but you have to use more of it to get flavor than you would with fresh garlic.

God that stuff tastes like shit

peeling garlic is a pain but that stuff is no substitute

this
fucking plebs with their pre chopped garlic...

Dude.. You don't need to peel it at all.
1)Twist and snap cloves away from head
2)mince in garlic press
3)wala

Buying jars of minced garlic doesn't have a whole lot to do with whether or not you have money.

This makes me so goddamn angry.
It's not more convenient than peeling a banana yourself and it creates trash for no fucking reason.

My grandma's babysitter has a banana allergy, so she buys those bananas.

The packaging on all of these products would be harder to open than the fruit/vegetables themselves.

i love the gluten free meme, and how they plaster it all over fucking everything

my cock is gluten free ladies

>Americans can't even peel their own oranges

To be fair tho'

>condensation on the inside
>"fresh"

it's gone off
throw it away

>saw a package of boiled peeled eggs being sold at the store last time i went shopping
>stupid people gonna stupid
I know someone who buys those and makes scotch eggs that they bring to parties. It's pretty inferior. The whites are kind of tough or something weirdly wrong in texture so I would never buy them for making egg salad or slicing on top of a chef salad. But, for someone like him who hates peeling eggs and/or never mastered it without ripping the whites to pieces...it does work as a filling. He wraps the eggs with the sausage, bakes and no one of any taste is the wiser. I know though!!

>Never mastered peeling an egg

Is that a thing? That can't be a thing.

>How is this one convenient at all?
Ready to eat in hand, including the peel and all. No unwashed hands picked through the produce pile in choosing a kiwi to buy, and cashier with e.coli-money-exchange fingers isn't touching it either.

>sounds like both you, him, and grandma are all retarded for not getting the guy some fucking latex gloves
This. I was thinking, huh? If you can't peel some citrus because the oil burns your delicate skin, then wear gloves. Also switching to something like a tangerine that peels like butter is a fine alternative to a tough thick navel orange for instance.

Tupperware citrus peeler FTW anyway. That thing will section peel slices off a grapefruit without leaving any pith.

>peeling garlic is a pain but that stuff is no substitute
This. It's like artificial garlic vs garlic. Or like artificial cinnamon or artificial vanilla. There is simply no comparison between fresh garlic and any convenient way to buy it. As far as it being a pain in the butt? It could be not that bad with the right press if crushed fits your recipe. I drop that clove (or two) right in there, skin and hard end and all. Flick out the peel with a fork or knife edge, and go to town with clove after clove. And, a gentle crush or side whack with your chefs knife will loose a peel too, if your goal is slicing. Big deal unless cooking for a giant crowd. That jarred stuff tastes pickled and tinny.

>She started harassing him because of it and one day pretended to be a pirate with scurvy for the entire fucking day just to bully him.
Underrated part of an overrated post.

How in the fuck do you even do that

Never forget

i don't know but i wish every hipster man bun wearing faggot did this when trying to pretend he can cook by putting massive amounts of avocado on shit

fucking what how does that work

Of course it's a thing. Peeling an egg perfectly is a legitimate challenge.

Like this; you had to assemble it yourself.

what the fuck, it isn't at all
this must be an american thing

>Peeling an egg perfectly is a legitimate challenge.

Do your hands not function?

I love how the avocado is still there, it's so telling.

Peeling an egg depends on freshness vs old eggs, as much as a skill. Stop talking now. You obviously have limited life experiences.

The sooner corporations are held responsible for the environmental impact of their products, the better.

>sugar, sugar, sugar, sugar, and sugar

Great for kids!

only a fucking american degenerate can come up with such an idea

>You're not a gorilla handed moron who can't peel an egg like me, so you must be stupid.

No but seriously. Do you have motor neurone disease or something? Parkinson's?

>BILLA

it's austrians, degenerates nonetheless

>corporations

Are an entity that exists to seek profit. It isn't their fault people want to buy this kind of shit. Vote with your wallet. It's easy to blame corporations--harder to take a look in the mirror. I bet you drive everywhere and buy bottled water, too, you shit.

I go out of my way to make responsible choices and influence others to do so, even if it's harder or less convenient for me, even if it's more expensive. I don't blame the big evil corporations because bob and trish want to buy the extra-styrofoam packed plastic-wrapped produce to eat on disposable styrofoam plates with plasticwear. (This is more common than you think...nearly everyone I know uses some form of disposable dish or silverware. Fucking human garbage.)

The environmental impact should be reflected in the price of the item. Corporations will naturally and willingly switch to environmentally friendly products. Whereas if you just slap them with a "stop making trash producing products o-or-or we'll fine you! Really, I mean it!" bill, you need a patchwork of these bill bandaids because the corps will find a way around them.

Oh, but anything that would introduce an ounce of change to the common braindead drooling consumer taxslave is bad, wouldn't want to trouble the cattle. God forbid people have to change their habits... Bitch and bitch about "evil corporations" and corrupt politicians, expecting them to wave a magic wand to fix everything, but still want to drive a minivan all over and eat plastic wrapped food on disposable plates. Change means CHANGE. You want to fix a problem, that necessitates some form of CHANGE. Fucking change your daily habits before bitching for someone else to do something about it...but in a way that oh gosh doesn't inconvenience you. Even as little as an extra cent an item at the store. Heaven forbid!

>It isn't their fault people want to buy this kind of shit.

Those poor blameless not-people-people. You're right, we should feel sorry for them.

fuck off

>you cant boil an egg in a 45 minute lunch break

Maybe if you're an incompetent retard.

>and one day pretended to be a pirate with scurvy

Just drink a glass of orange juice dumb bitch, if it's her health she cares about she can just take a Vit C pill.

>Imagine if he had access to these products?

Imagine if he had access to a pair of disposable gloves!

Because the packaging doesn't exist right?