Whisky Thread

What's Veeky Forums's go-to whisky?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.danmurphys.com.au/dm/search/dm_search_results_gallery.jsp?searchterm=bourbon&searchInput=bourbon&orgSearchTerm=Bour
liquorama.net/pappy-van-winkles-family-reserve-23-year-old-bourbon-whiskey-750ml.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nikka Taketsuru, love the strong berry and coffee notes on the palate, great evening drink

This hurts me as an Irishman. I can't quite explain why, but it's like seeing a bag of drowned puppies; you want to stop and help, but you know that the damage is done and the only thing that you can do is to keep on walking.

Red Breast, all the way, Jameson if there's nothing else going.

Oh, yes. Their 12 year old is my absolute favourite whisky these days. Nothing satisfies me more than how absolutely balanced and enjoyable it is, be it a sit-down with friends, a drink after a good meal or just a solitary drink in the evening.

..the fuck is that?

>go-to bourbons
Booker's or Jefferson's Very Old
>go-to scotch
Glenfarclas 17 or Lagavulin 16

You guys drink some pretty expensive fucking whiskey as your go-to.

Cont. I was really disappointed they wouldn't sell me a glass of the 15 at this pub in Dublin on the last day before heading back home last summer. I think I understand their reasons, though. I'd had a bit of the 12 before, I was still in my early twenties and the bottle was still sealed. The stuff is ridiculously expensive in Finland and I have no way of getting my hands on the stuff currently.

it's "whiskey"

When im broke I go cheapest vodka. When I got some money I usually pick a random one to experience more. Usually mid price range something like. Bells or ballentines. Can anyone suggest a mass produced one with a weird flavour?. I ain't scared of peat. Not lafroig though I already tried that. I miss Scotland

I don't drink that often anymore, started a course of antidepressants about a year ago, and i've had three drinks total since. On the upside, I get pleasantly groovey off one drink.

Plus, red breast isn't as expensive in the motherland. It's still high label stuff, but won't cost you the same as a round would.

I had this stuff once. Didn't like it at first, but it grew on me. Would definitely buy another bottle. I prefer the Hibiki though, easily the best whiskey I've ever had. Thinking about saving up for a bottle of 12 or 17 year. Or both.

Whatever gets me drunk and doesn't taste like literal kerosene.

I go out of my way for the 15 year Glenlivet. It's sex on my tongue.

Otherwise, any Glenlivet, Talisker or Bowmore. Then I have other whiskys, but obviously not go-to.

I was surprised by how good the Caol Ila was (the bottle only lasted 1 month of personal consumption). Dabbling a little in Speyside now as well as Canadian whiskys. Need to try more Irish whiskey, seeing made my mouth moist.

My main issue is too much whisky and too little time.

Bulliet rye.

That exact one. Good taste.

Canadian hunter. Because I'm poor

Honey Jim Beam because I have shit taste and can drink it straight easily.

>new favorite

i suckle from the teat of old granddad

It's a whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry
If I don't get rye whiskey, well, I think I will die

Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry
If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die

dont understand why it jumped up 3 dollars in the last 2 years, but 13$ is still reasonable

pic related is my choice, with a splash of water

go-to? has to be Jameson

Dickel No. 12

>Dead Guy "whiskey"

more like Dead Guy rubbing alcohol

My daily driver is Knob Creek.

Knob creek single barrel.

Though wild turkey 101 is pretty great for the price if I wanna get lit, mix that shit with mountain dew and its dangerous

My nigga

Wait, are you storing distilled alcohol sideways? Isn't that only for wine?

Here's my goto. 750 went up in price but the handle is still only $22+tax

Does it matter? Also, it's not like I have it for years. Usually 6 months at the most.

I bought a bottle of Jonnie walker green last weekend and I'm quite impressed with it. Can definitely taste the Caol Isla in it which is one of my favourite single malts.

It was discontinued a couple of years ago, I never tried it back then but I heard lots of people speak highly of it, when I heard it was back and found it on special at my local liquor store i treated myself to a bottle. Might become part of my regular rotation.

A half gallon will set you back about $25 after tax.

>mfw I read this thread
>mfw Australian bourbon prices
m.danmurphys.com.au/dm/search/dm_search_results_gallery.jsp?searchterm=bourbon&searchInput=bourbon&orgSearchTerm=Bour

Old Grandad is good, but the BiB in great.

Turkey 101 is pretty good, Weller is my go to though. Weller 12 year is one of the best bourbons out there regardless of price, but unfortunately is near impossible to find recently.

jesus christ.

my go tos are either rowan's creek or basin hayden's

It better to keep it up, especially if it already open, so the surface in contact with oxygen is being kept the smaller possible.

Which pub was it? Ex-whiskey bartender here.

15 is nice, a lot sweeter than the 12. Not quite as sweet as the all-sherry discontinued Mano A Lamh though

21 is god-tier aged whiskey. In fact probably the best in that range, for my money

Low tier: Famous Grouse
Mid tier: Tullamore Dew
High tier: Bowmore or Laphroaig

>$80 for Knob Creek
>half of that list is cans of spiked cola
>'special' and 'choice' bourbons that don't exist in the U.S. that I guaranteed are filled with food coloring

This.... this is un-American

>comes in a gas can
That's how you know it's quality.

Best bottom shelf whiskey right here.

Canadian Club or Wisers

Nothing like Pappy

wow, did some research and their wiki says the distillery have been robbed once cause the liquor was so valuable. Very interesting, I wonder how much it costs

PLebs ITT

Not true

I got a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 year today. Did I make a good choice?

I've also got a half bottle left of Angel's Envy, which is very good but I want to try more bourbons before finishing the Angel's Envy.

Falling for le single malt meme

>Blended in Sierra Leone

That part always gets me.

liquorama.net/pappy-van-winkles-family-reserve-23-year-old-bourbon-whiskey-750ml.html

It's a single barrel, so I've had some that were alright and some that were really really good. Still solid overall.

Try the 114 pf Old Grandad product, it's really hearty and legitimately pretty good.

>It's a single barrel, so I've had some that were alright and some that were really really good. Still solid overall.
Nice. Is single barrel considered to be a good or bad thing? Or does it just mean there is more variance?

Ahh. Thanks. I don't think it's an issue in the short term, though.

>Pappy Van Winkel
>distillery

pick one

Generally there's more attention paid to how it taste before it goes out. Distiller has to be careful lest a bad bottle fuck up brand image and popularity.

Meanwhile a bad barrel in a 500 barrel vatting doesn't get stopped, just diluted.

This is generally my go to. Local place sells it for $25, and I make it last a pretty long while. It's not the best, but it's nice.

I just throw in some simple syrup and angostura bitters and I'm happy.

OGD 100 is better than a lot of overpriced, low to mid-tier bourbon.

I'm a fan of just about any Knob Creek, save for the smoked maple; that shit smells and (presumably) tastes like antifreeze.

My go-to Scotch is Auchentoshan, though I tend to alternate between 12 year and American Oak.

I pity the poor bastards who live outside of Canada and cant get this easily.

Rye is like that one girl you used to date who you had a blast with every time you hung out and always had something new to do.

>tfw Dan murphys is the cheapest bottleshop in my area

Colonel Taylor

Blanton's

I'm a fairly new whiskey drinker, so pic related is my current go to. Anyone have any recommends?

see It's like JD, but good.

tfw ... why does it go so fast..........

>What's Veeky Forums's go-to whisky?
Evan Williams, but I fell for the old grandad or whatever it's called meme today.

Also bought my first bottle of everclear, anyone try that shit before, what am I in for?

Lots of throwing up and a headache

It's brofag tier if you shoot it straight, but it's great for sorbet punch and other party cocktails where you want to spike a drink but use less alcohol so as to not dilute it.

My Fucking Nigga

Distilled just up the street from me

Though I like Alberta Springs better

Albertson's store brand whiskey. 6 dollarydoos for a fifth.

I bought a big jug of red Hawaiian punch to mix it with, I'll drink that shit in a day or two

Drinking the old grandad meme right now, whiskey is whiskey, it all tastes the same, I'll be sticking with evan williams

am i plen for drinking makers mark

Same thing with cigars. People think it's cute to smoke expensive cigars, I've been smoking cigars for 13 years, I can't tell the difference between a value cigar and an expensive one

>drinking alcohol

I liked it

I had some livets makers reserve or something, always having the 12 wish I had the 15 it's good as fuck

Really good to me

This is what I was last drinking, real good on its own, and great in some green tea.

Need some recs for a great whisky at or below 40 for the 750ml

t. ahmed al awyiadda bin assad

God id kill for a (you)

Just like whiskeys, I've had some $20+ cigars that legitimately weren't worth the butane to fire them up and I've had $6 cigars that taste amazing. I've found that a slightly pricey, but not exorbitant choice (~$35/750mL for whiskey; ~$15/cigar) is almost always decent and often pretty great

Nice wine rack, shithead.

Feeling that old grandad 100 proof pretty hard

Hard the urge to listen to listen to biggie

super Nintendo, Sega genesis

Lol notorious thugs, best jungle bunny song

if I am going for a cheaper whiskey I get this, gotta support my country.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Tfw I get drunk and all I wanna do is watch a shitty Friday the 13th movie, shitload, and consume more calories than I expend

Pretty comfy desu

And wait patiently as my bitcoins allow me to retire in my 30s

I've got a bottle of both and they're worth the price, Hibiki 12 will be priced up this year as they're replacing it with the NAS Hibiki harmony. Grab bottles whenever you can

>£45 a bottle is expensive whisky

I've tasted some really fine really expensive scotch, and this $30 bottle is as good as any $300 bottle. Love this shit.

>liquorama.net/pappy-van-winkles-family-reserve-23-year-old-bourbon-whiskey-750ml.html

>I don't see why everyone likes it?! 2 Star Review
Posted by jack&jill on 11th May 2016

I mean it was pretty good...but not that good. My dad's been bragging about getting me a bottle ever since christmas last year. For fucks sake, I got this stupid thing instead of my macbook I wanted for my 21st birthday. Hell... I'd of traded this bottle for a few bottles of jack, any day.

kek

This I guess. It's the only whiskey I've had in my bar for months now. I'm not really a whiskey guy.

whiskey tastes like shit, like all alcohols of course.

How does it feel knowing you will never get to try the 12yr

>butane
Subtle. (you)/10

Is there any particularly good value whiskey in Aus? I'd like to get into it but the only advice I've gotten is "drink lots of it" which is hard to justify for the price.

I mean I already spend a lot on wine but I already know how to buy wine, and local Aus wine are bretty good.

Feels bad man

Wait what's wrong with butane? Torch lighters literally use refined butane. You don't know anything.

Also give me recommendations for a 750 under $45. I like citrus or smoky but a subtle smoky.

>jim beam white label
>over $40
>costs more than Makers Mark