COSTCO GENERAL

Discuss best costco/sams club items

Why did Sam's Club change their pretzel recipe? That was the best.

i wish i had the answer

Mango salsa

What can an Amerifat buy at Costco to eat healthy?

My shopping list usually includes:

Frozen individually wrapped chicken breasts
Earthbound Farms "power" mix (kale, chard, spinach)
Baby carrots
Gargonzola/feta/cheddar cheese
2% milk
The 2.5 lb jar of unsalted mixed nuts
Sliced oven roasted turkey for the salads

I usually eat salads for 4 days straight but then I eat crap food such as takeout or something. Do I just need more willpower and self control?
I've started taking my pupper on half mile walks every day, will that be enough to start losing weight?

I get me the large tubs of hummus non-sabra hummus
the giant ass bags of pita chips
the 4lb boxes of falls brand bacon
then I am a weeb so I get myself a box of the veggie spring rolls and the frozen char siu bao

i think salads four days a week is great and walking your pupper. that is a nice shopping list as well

Their store brand bread is generally cheap and good. Same with their tortillas.

Their onions are ginormous and cheap.

They have the lowest prices on meat in general, but you have to buy a frickin huge amount of it. But if you have a vacuum sealer and a freezer, buy meat every 3 months, portion it out when you get home, vacseal it and freeze it.

Always get your yeast and spices at Costco or at least check their prices against the grocery store - a jar of cinnamon was $7 at the grocer but only $2.50 at Costco.

The automatic doors that let you leave.

whats the brand of hotdog that Sam's Club sell at their food court

Dump the dairy, you don't need it. Everything in the produce cooler and meat department is a good deal if you're meal prepping. Check Veeky Forums for a prep thread they always have one. True Roots sprouted rice and quinoa blend or just a big fucking bag of brown rice are healthy as fuck. If you buy bread, Oroweat is $1.50 more than the grocery store for 4x as much bread. Awesome deal.

Walk/jog with the pup a little longer and you're golden.

Churro

Walnuts, sour cream, still working on a hunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano.

kirkland

costco's 4 pack of frozen pizzas and frozen mini pizzas are the best frozen pizzas you can get and cheap. Also you can't beat the 1.50 hotdog and soda.

tubs of kirkland signature greek yogurt

really good protein content

>non-sabra hummus
you fucked up, the other stuff is too airy

>big bags of dried fruit
>rotisserie chicken
>big bag of onions/veggies

What's their store brand beer like?

The lightest tasting beer. Imagine diluted bud light.

But cheap as fuck tho

Good God i think i moght have just found something thta makes Natty Light sound appealing

Tastes like water and has a slight bread smell.

My frat's beer of choice.

no
the other shit is too dense and over-beaten it's basically a textureless paste

Oh cool a Costco thread.

Who /foodsampler/ here?

i think we are both right, i put olive oil and sumac berry grounds in the sabre and it gets to be more authentic, any grocery store version is going to a let down compared to fresh legit hummus

i forgot to mention
>salmon in a can
>tuna
its bretty gud deal

I go to the Costco across the street from my work and get samples for my lunch break if I don't have other plans.

Best item at Costco, probably why I still have a membership. The price is fantastic compared to regular grocery store ($5 for 50 vs $5 for 12). Can't go back to regular tortillas now.

mohnica, these are the shit and way too convenient vs homemade.

anyone try that "pure Virgin cold press hipster coconut" juice its dank af but like 16 for four bottles

I keep hearing how good the Costco butchery is.
I've got a card but haven't gone in years now.

Is it worth going there for meat? Are the prices cheaper than other grocers?

vs other grocery stores yes(especially if you go organic), vs a local butcher only maybe not

Love those hepatitis A berry blends, mmm,, fugg yeess

Eh in my experience it's not cheaper actually more pricier by about 20% and even higher when grocery stores have sales. I live in LA so Mexican and Asian markets are good value for chicken, fish and beef and pork that aren't steaks and salmon. Steaks are bette compared to Ralph's or vons

>dairy is terrible
>but carbs are ok!

Someone please tell me if they sell that basil pesto mayo they serve on the hot turkey & provolones in the deli?

>tfw I can't buy the muffins anymore because I'm trying to not become a fat fuck

If you're a druntard like me $5 a 5th is the best deal you can get

>General

?

>buy a pack of hotdogs and buns seperate
>buy a case of pop
>the fucking food court ends up cheaper in the long run
>just walk to costco now for a hotdog and pop for lunch every friday
God dammit I know its cause a cup of pop costs a store roughly 15-20 cents tops, but thats crazy

there is no way it is only $5 for that shit
where do you live?
a handle of that shit runs around $60 where i live

>just want a muffin
>its 800 calories and I get 11 more
fug

Ours is natty lite. Cuagamos is at food4less is actually cheaper than kirkland beer and tastes better imo. Most alc% to $ ratio is natty ice though.

California, It's technical $5.35(with tax)

Veeky Forums here, come over and read the fitsticky in /routinegeneral/

>tfw get costco pizza every friday

>tfw have woken up soley to get their pizza, and finished it with the realization that it's the only thing I had been looking forward to all week

>tfw Costco pizza is the high point of my week

Horrible advice.

Don't get baby carrots, they're basically carrot candy.

Get the huge fucking bag of normal carrots.

Bout to pick up a pack of these niggers for lunch. Jealous?

right on, im in one of those areas where the only other store is a krogers if i dont fee like driving way out of my way

bro are you just eating carrots raw? or a smoothie? i always get half way through the bag then dont know what else to do with them then just give them away

nop. the veggies are usually pretty old and taste like shit.

>take bite
>just tastes like ice mush
>pull out tomato
>you can see through it and its kinda grey

:< user you need more friends and hobbies

buy their mayo and pesto and mix it

what frat? sigma nu reporting in.

this is wrong. been to costcos from san francisco to san diego, kirkland vodka handles are usually $29.99

>onions are typically expensive and small

>ever recommending Veeky Forums
>fit will tell you how to boil chicken and oats
>eating bread and rice to lose weight

genesee ice is 5.5% and comes in a box of 30, cheap as fuck and surprisingly tastes like water

natty/busch ice was usually second choice

t. guy who funneled thousands of beers in college

genesee ice guy here

phi gamma delta / fiji

i love that shit

Sigma Alpha Epsilon here, hey guys

you can get a massive chunk of pic related for $13 vs a tiny sliver at publix for $10. And the publix manchego tastes very mild in comparison. I like kirkland prosecco too.

that's my favorite. cut as thin as possible. fucking GOAT

Having fun paying for friends?

Do they sell 50lb bags of flour, or just the 25lb bags?

Faggot hope your frat house burns down with all your purchased friends inside

I find Costco churros quite depressing

They only sell beer at the Costco's in NY

Used to work at costco so i will tell you it depends on location. If you live in a big enough metro area. You can have them look it up and they will tell you a costco in the area that will carry it.

do an AMA

This but rotisserie chicken

outcast nerd frat at my school

Nathan's...

Local commodities sold in Costco near where I lived.

The mini naan you can heat up in the toaster, I am addicted to those things now. Can eat them at all meals and for snacks.

Shout out to my fellow Snigga Snu

I'm here costbros

what get

Didnt see the prime brisket that was on sale, got some manchego

Been buying this stuff until I start growing my own basil to make pesto

i like to get the big jar of minced garlic bc im lazy

Got some rotisserie chicken of course and demi baguettes
ur better than that user

>Been buying this stuff until I start growing my own basil to make pesto
Errrr....it's worth it to just buy a $4 potted plant until it gets robbed of all the leaves and/or dies. That stuff loses some oompfh just like jarred garlic.

Pic related is pretty god tier, at least from what I remember as a kid. No room in the freezer though.
That's the plan

should I cave in and get tendies anons? What's the best tendies at costco?

when the fuck will Aldi expand more stores over to america

dont get the tequila lime ones, theyre very salty

Now for some shitty costco pizza

pic of all you got

not much t b h

I live alone, most of their produce goes bad before I can eat it all

>My frat's beer of choice.
heh. Can't blame them when it's like 40 cents a can or whatever though

how much are the salmon eggs in real people dollars?

that's actually a really decent slice of new york style pie.

it's much thicker than New York style, it just looks thin from that angle

OP GET A CHEESECAKE OR VANILLA ICECREAM. GET A 4 PACK OF KIRKLAND FROZEN PIZZA GREAT VALUE.

Yeah that and all the fucking cheese they put on it, almost as much as a chicago pizza

whole side of salmon
muffins (if you want to get hella fat)
gigantic blocks of cheese... especially kerrygold dubliner, jarlsberg, and that god damned smoked gouda that is going to be responsible for my early death of massive coronary...
their refrigerated produce is all GOAT if you can eat all of it..
rotisserie chickens - of course..
if you are in the mood for steaks, their ribeyes are hella tight.
good place to buy whole beef tenderloins too if you are going to have a dozen people over and need to feed them like kings...

As a European American supermarkets fascinate me. So you need a membership for this particular supermarket ? Why ? From what I gather on your culture isnt Walmart way cheaper ? Is there a point to Costco ?

>mfw I volunteered at some charity event back when I was a starving college student
>they had probably fifteen pounds of those sandwich rolls left that they were going to throw away
>gave them to me instead, ate them for probably two weeks

At the end they were probably going bad but I don't think I can eat these anymore.

I'm already home user

I've never liked their soft serve ice cream, isn't it low fat? had those pizzas though, not bad for the price. I wanted to try the thin crust ones but the 4 pack probably won't fit in my freezer.

Tbh, you shouldn't be drinking anything but water.

For bulk purchases. They're basically selling at near wholesale prices to the general public, provided you have a membership.

For small quantity purchases, it's usually cheaper to just go to a regular supermarket.

Don't forget they give samples.

Aldi stores here tend to be in or around the ghetto and look pretty trashy. I still shop there sometimes, but in some aspects, it's literally lower than Walmart.