Cheddar

Lets all appreciate cheddar for a minute. Cheddar has been around since at least the 12th century and since then, it's remained unmatched as king of cheeses. You may point to your flamboyant french ones, your processed american ones, but truth be told, nothing truly compares. Flavours range from sharp to sweet to nutty as you bite into to its crumbly bliss, small crystals crunching around your mouth. As you do, no doubt you'll ask yourself: "Is this cheese perfection?".

Of course you'd be right. So if you haven't already, why not pick up some cheddar today?

Cheddar is overrated as fuck. It's certainly no Parmesan or Mozarella.

Cheddar is indeed the king of all cheeses but one should not raise it upon a pedestal: it simply *is*, and always will be, a dependable friend. Also do not praise cheddar at the expense of other cheeses; many complement cheddar as a beautiful queen compliments a popular king.

>Cheddar is overrated as fuck. It's certainly no Parmesan or Mozarella.

hahaha are you 10

cheddar is just cheese to me and everyone i know, there's no point in calling it cheddar since 95% of the cheese anyone consumes is cheddar cheese

the cheese in your pic is probably about 10% cheddar and not anywhere near mature enough to really taste of proper cheddar even on its own

High quality cheddar is the shit.
Such a shame it's expensive, even at mid tier
I guess that's the same with all cheese nowadays though

>cheddar is just cheese to me and everyone i know

That's probably because you're eating immature, mass produced pre-packaged cheese that follows the same process (which is called "cheddaring") as "real" cheddar cheese. But it's a million miles away from a batch produced well aged hard cheddar that's full of lactate crystals.

The USA while be laughing when the cheesepocolypse comes.

I'd say it's definitely the best british cheese but wouldn't say it's the king of cheeses. That said, it is one of the cheeses I buy regularly and it's a very versatile cheese.

>American '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cheddar'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

everyone knows cheddar as pic related
cheddar is pretty crappy

I don't and I'm part of "everyone".

I went to a cheese museum/centre/factory thing in Switzerland and tried a whole bunch of different cheeses. Don't get me wrong, I really love cheese, but some of those were just so unbelievably foul, I dont understand how anyone can stomach them?? Like foul enough to make you gag at the smell.

Sounds like you'd love Wisconsin cheese. Smooth, bland, and non-threatening.

people also drink thousands of alcoholic drinks and claim to like them

You underestimate me. I love a good german cheese, my favourite cheese is a german one that I don't even remember the name of. These were insanely smelly. I think they had them there to exaggerate and amuse people desu

oh my god why does my pc turn 'desu' into desu??

true. I think people pretend to like whiskey a lot more than they do really.

oh. i just got it.

I think your an immature faggot with no real world experience.

haha where did this come from? chill out dude and learn to spell

Chill, famalam

>thread about cheddar

should have made it on /int/ so we can easily disregard any post with a US flag on it

Pretty much this

Cheddar is a meme cheese. Mozarella makes a whole fuckton of dishes

kill yourself in every way possible.

>Veeky Forums should be my very own yuro-friendly hugbox

it'd be nice if we could have a thread about this without yuropoors crying about murricuns

The best Cheddar I can get is probably that tillamook shit from Oregon unless I want to spend $25 a pound on it. It fucking sucks

t. Flyover

There are plenty of good microcheeseries in Wisconsin, Cali, and Vermont, even if the majority of what they make is for people who hate food

Mozza is shit unless it is fresh and on a pizza and even then it eats donkey dick compared to cheddar

not possible at this hour

>microcheeseries
as opposed to "normal cheeseries" that make the normal cheese?

are we just putting "micro-" in front of everything any time someone points out abysmal standards anywhere? tell me about the new microgasstationhotdogeries that totally refute the stereotype of gas station food

Dear Wisconsin, please don't drag us into this, we're not like you with your bland crap

Sincerely,

VT

>microgasstationhotdogeries

kek

Also what the fuck is a "cheesery"? Are we making up words now because it sounds like "microbrewery"? We have a word for this. We had a word for this for thousands of years. No one needed a different word.

I have some british cheddar in my fridge might eat a lump of it tonight.

yeah i usually eat a quarter pound of yellow cheese for my after lunch snack it's good stuff

Where did you manage to get hold of that and what brand us it?

come over here and say that to my microcheeses, faggot

In this case "normal cheeseries" make mass produced shlock for supermarkets that need to appeal to as many people as possible with a smooth even texture, long shelf life, and low melting point

Microcheeseries are places that actually put some effort into cultivating a superior product and are usually small family operations that make only one cheese and sell it to specialty stores

The point is that when people hate on American cheeses they are (rightly) thinking of the mild shit from Piggly Wiggly. It is the critical equivalent of saying American beer is shit because you tried a Bud Light. America makes plenty of good beer for the discerning gentleman but Euros have never tried them because they don't distribute out of the country, and often times not even out of a tri-state area. Or like saying Swedish furniture is of poor quality because my IKEA table gets a dent in it if you put a cup on it a bit too roughly. My local cheese stand doesn't carry anything from more than 50 miles away

It's ignorant at best and dishonest at worst, but I've come to expect that from dumbass coasties and Europoors

This Post Paid for by The Wisconsin Cheese Board

>when people hate on American
You're doing that thing again, Wisconsin

California makes most of our mass produced dairy if you weren't aware and the products are indistinguishable because of national distribution

Quit being obtuse

>our
California makes Wisconsin cheese now?

Californian dairy production is way higher than Wisconsin.

Whenever I go abroad there is never any cheddar, just shitty soft cheeses.

I bet it is even worse in America.

Interesting, this takes the food mislabeling traditions to a new level

the fuck is a "cheesery" m8

It's usually called a dairy or creamery but I'm not sure how you would distinguish a cheesemaker operation that makes cheese from cows they own vs one that makes it from milk they buy and have it be totally unambiguous

My grandfather was a dairy farmer and they called his farm a dairy and the place they sold it to the creamery, and nobody was making cheese, they just pasteurized and homogenized the milk at the plant for shipping. some of which probably got made into cheese at some point

good cheese comes from happy cows

Wisconsin isn't even the leading per capita producer but I wouldn't be surprised if that is only because of Milwaukee

The main reason it is known for its cheese is they have been doing it for the longest and are still the #2 producer by total volume despite being much smaller than California

Sainsburys sells some pretty nice cheddars

so you just made up a word?

It's a meme based on how euros make fun of "muh microbreweries" in /int/ beer threads

but I do genuinely want a word for this and until someone makes a better one imma keep using it