What was your favorite thing served in your school cafeteria? Said cafeteria food can be from elementary school...

What was your favorite thing served in your school cafeteria? Said cafeteria food can be from elementary school, middle school, high school, and even college. Or if we have any senior citizens here from the nursing home cafeteria.

What's your favorite cafeteria food?

Mine always was an open face turkey sandwich.

I always liked that square cafeteria pizza... I miss it.

chili dogs. for some reason, I loved the shitty canned chili sauce as a kid. this isn't from my school, and we didn't have the cheese, but that chili is basically exactly the same as the kind I ate in elementary school.

>your parents could afford the cafeteria meals

i think it was every thursday we would have the choice between fried chicken or pizza and it wasnt the shitty white square one it was some fast food tier pizza

I went to private school so of course I could afford the cafeteria.

High school was awesome. PTA parents manned and enhanced the choices with extra stations: grilled BBQ burgers or something else on the patio, a full salad bar with a pita the size of your head to stuff it into, and some kind of rotating choice. It was a flat $1 and I think they actually fundraised from the offerings through a profit.

boarding school food, cheapest boarding school in the whole country so the food can be really shit but the lasagna was always great. i mean, how could you possibly fuck up lasagna?

>school cafeteria
I really wish that was a thing here

Where do you live?

we had a pretty damn high end chef and he mad something new every day.
I guess pizza.

college food because so much fuckin variety and when your high/drunk, you just want it all

>bosco sticks were god tier to us

Mine was always chicken wraps because they were actual people food

If he was high end why was he working at a cafeteria? Did you go to some school reserved for children of celebrities and high profile politicians? Is your name Sasha or Malia and was this cafeteria heavily guarded?

That square shit was rancid. The sauce for the pizza tastes like it was made from tomatoes that grew in an area that has frequent bouts of acid rain.

>If he was high end why was he working at a cafeteria? Did you go to some school reserved for children of celebrities and high profile politicians? Is your name Sasha or Malia and was this cafeteria heavily guarded?
It was also an orphanage and we have nice orphanages here.
and not a shitton of kids so the budget could go to one guy instead of a big team.

>Cafeteria food
>All the shitty food that got served when i was a kid
>My friends finding bugs and other shit in theirs

Good thing all my schools had restaurants near them, i would suffer otherwise.

Least College was different, plenty of variety, and for a good five buck, you could get out of there with a sandwich, a cappuccino and a delicious desert, not to mention the meal of the day which could vary from Turkey to lasagna or other good shit. It's even had a subway inside the school, or plenty of restaurants just outside along with the best candy store you can find around the corner

MEATBALL SUB
T U E S D A Y
U
E
S
D
A
Y

I also liked when they had calzones one year

I didn't use the school cafeteria because I'm not a fucking nerd.

I moved to middle school and kids who had a 3.0 GPA could get a different free school lunch. We had to type in our code to get a hot dog buns or a hamburger bun a juice or milk carton and a bag of baked chips. We would then go to a huge grill and either get a hamburger, cheeseburger or a hot link W or without cheese. You then move to a station to get lettuce tomato onion and your sauces. It was the best desu and the middle school and highschool were combined so I had 7 years of delicious grilled delicacies

chicken strips, green beans, mashed potatoes, roll and fruit cocktail

also chili day wasn't horrible

Chiken and duck sausage Paella. Best stuff ever

Counts as a serving of bread

Turkey twizzlers.
Fuck Jamie Oliver the cunt.

Seriously, why was he such a bitch about the kids eatting the nuggers he made. Why would you be upset that children enjoyed the food you gave them? That one little fatty even had a good point about not wasting food.

probably norway

The ranch dressing in the little tubs was good. It was standard ranch dressing dry mix from a packet made with equal parts buttermilk and mayo.

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
Beef or pork stew

I remember my school sold these small bowls of just macaroni, no sauce, no cheese, just plain macaroni noodles. It was pretty much all I ate for a year.

Went to school in Jamaica. My cafeteria would do fried chicken, curry goat or chicken, pizza from Pizza Hut, rice and peas, fries or tater tots every day. On special days they'd do Chinese Jamaican dishes like crispy roast pork or ma la chicken. That crispy roast pork was the fucking BOMB.

I loved when my cafeteria served frickles with ranch dressing as dip.

No comparison to homemade lasagna but that shit is delicious

It tastes like licking between someone's toes.

This. 8 years out of school and still miss it.

The sloppy joes duh.

>mfw my parents gave me $100 a week allowance in high school and an extra $50 every weekend for spending money

The thing I always remember about school dinners is the steamed sponge puddings and custard; treacle, spotted dick, summer fruits. Delicious.

I still have it occasionally, mostly hot pudding and cold ambrosia.

>mfw my parents gave me $100 million

Lucky you

Pa amb tomaquet i fuet.

>mfw my parents made me a billionaire

turkey roll, mashed potato with the green clear gravy

trickling spotted dick?

I went to a private school with a private contractor-run cafeteria and our meals were super dank. Awesome sandwich and salad bar in addition to unlimited milk and two options for entrees, one light one hardy.

This

I went to elementary school in a small town, so the cafeteria was run by the old ladies that lived there.
They actually cooked food.

Then I moved to an inner-city school where the cafeteria was run by illegal Haitian immigrants who made frozen pizza every day.

the only hing I would ever eat at a school cafeteria was either chicken nuggers or grilled cheese and tomato soup

I cannot fucking stand sloppy joes to this day because of a cafeteria

Probably shit taste, but our school made this bowl of mash potatoes with chicken nugget things and gravy and cheese

so good

Mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, a sub sandwich and chocolate milk

all i remember from middle school is everyone drowning everything in ranch+ketchup and stealing extra tots.

My schools never had good cafeteria food. In middle school there were these microwave burritos that were pretty good. Also had spicy chicken sandwiches that were decent. In 5th grade we went to science camp for a week and the chef there was damn good. It was a family getaway camp in the mountains that made bank so they actually could afford a good chef. Good times

>square pizzas
>chocolate milk
>tator tots
>fruit salad
>mashed potatoes and peas
>fries

my elementary school never had a cafeteria for me to judge, but how can anyone complain about this type of food? It's literally fast food every day which sounds amazing as a kid

my school used to do this 'mediteranean' pasta with chicken and sun dried tomatoes. we also had poutine. nacho day was basically a chili sauce with nachos and unmelted cheese. i would always sub the nachos for french fries.
also cookies and brownies for dirty cheap.
at xmas and thanksgiving there would usually be some kind of discounted plate which was a 'dinner', so meat, potatoes, veg, meat pie, a lil dessert which was usually like french canadian (i went to french catholic school in ontario)

Rib sandwich(basically a mcrib) side of tates and gravy

>the green clear gravy

I once heard a friend in a predominantly black area tell me her school serves chitterlings... I wish my school had served chitterlings, shit is good.

Also if chitterlings is spelled chitterlings, why do people pronounce it "chit lins"

>Also if chitterlings is spelled chitterlings, why do people pronounce it "chit lins"

Ebonics

>mfw my dad made me a billionaire, paid for my admission to Harvard, and made it possible for me to marry your daughter

>I wish my school had served chitterlings
>shit is good
>shit is good

at least you know what you like

>>the green clear gravy

it was awesome. i think it was some sort of sage gravy, but it looked like a mt. dew sauce

Anyone in public school who does not say Dino steak nuggets is lying.

Catholic school food is God tier though. We had takeout every single day. You get what you pay for.