en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_and_three
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is that white stuff?

Hominy

yes

Hominy.
It's shit.

Paneer.

OP agrees but we tend to eat what we are given and others like it soooo I work threw it

>hominy
>canned peas
Dude we need to have a word

Christ, was hat your dinner???

It's tasty man, hell I cant afford fresh peas...I wouldn't even know where to find them if I could afford them

not today but yes one day....why?

Are u jelly or what? I have a good meal almost everyday

>hell I cant afford fresh peas

At *least* use frozen, man.

And grow your fucking own. Peas are the easiest thing in the world to grow. Pick, blanch & freeze them yourself.

This is why the south is 100% obese btw

i'll see what I can do......

Not true, I just hit my upper normal BMI.

Yeah that's not accurate

surely u guys like turkey?

this is bordering on Wa La simplicity

Nah not really it's affordable and delicious but is'nt a freezer meal, it take some skill to make corn bread and meatloaf correctly

Chili....everybody likes chili

and hotdogs

Shrimp and grits

Noodles w meat sauce

Where's the fucking meat?

>beans in chili
10/10 taste user

There is clearly a piece of tenderloin to the left of the greens dumbass

My grandmother lives in one of the least populated counties in AL and never uses frozen green peas. "Field peas" were what I grew up with. The size and shape of black beans but purple and green or spotted. Simmered with ham bone, maybe some green baby lima beans, and 3-4 whole pieces of okra.

She never just boils the hominy and pours it on the plate either. It is used in casseroles or salads, not by itself.

Also,that cornbread is cake like cafeteria in texture and is probably sweet. Gross.
This is some flyover state mimicking Southern food. You'll find people who grew up in the South who ate mostly home cooked meals not out of a box are actually average weight. Some have some kind of blood pressure issue because there is a love affair with salt for some.

Here is some real southern food.
>Roast cooked in foil pouch long and slow over grill after being seared.
>squash casserole (none of that cream of mushroom shit) with squash from her garden
>Rice with gravy made from roast drippings
>cornbread muffin
>homemade pickles
>deviled egg
>plate at the center with fresh veggies from the garden: banana pepper, cucumber, heirloom tomatoes, onion
>Sweet iced tea

Casserole looks like yellow mush but it is awesome. Never had one like it. Others are too creamy. I think she uses ricotta or something.

>what's your favorite southern home cooked dishes

holy shit, that's about a perfect meal. meatloaf, corn bread, mashed taters and hominy is what i would pick any day of the week. could do without the carrots and peas.

mixed shells/macaroni

negroid detected

I'm all about fried chicken and mashed potatoes w/gravy. Everybody makes fried chicken a little different and I like tasting different recipes. I'm 30 and I still haven't decided of I like cream or brown gravy better on my mashed potatoes

overall i gotta go with cream. matches the creamy potatoes better, but the meat matters a lot too. i can't imagine cream gravy on roast beefs.

Last week made stewed green beans (thanks chef john), jalapeno n' corn cornbread, mashed potatoes, and barbecued rib gravy. Everyone loved that shit.

Yesterday, tried my hand at frosted meatloaf, with corn, stewed beans, and beef gravy. I felt that meatloaf and mashed potatoes, although good when given a brown top in the oven in my recipe, would be better separate. But my dad fucking mawed that shit down, so I guess there's that.

god I love hominy

I live in Tennessee, but my family grew up in the north. Growing up, I remember my mom made fried chicken with salted flour on the outside. That's it. "Mom, did you season this?" "Yeah, I salted it!"

I consider it child abuse.

Canned peas are shit. "Fresh" peas are often shit. Frozen peas are the best, and they're cheap.

That's pretty normal for a plate in the South. Couple ounces of meat, and then lots of vegetables and starches.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_and_three