ITT scandinavian cuisine

please post something that isn't rotten fish, rotten meat or literal shit in a milkbowl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5fQZhv0poU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how about overcooked eggs?

Finland is not scandinavia.

then post something swedish or norwegian you local chauvinist

Fuck you, sweet rye pudding is great

I could draw russia into that image but it wouldn't become true.

>Scandinavia, historically Scandia,
Scandinavia [Credit: Encyclopædia Britannica, Inc.] part of northern Europe, generally held to consist of the two countries of the Scandinavian Peninsula, Norway and Sweden, with the addition of Denmark.

That's Fennoscandia + Iceland

>European """"""food""""""

youtube.com/watch?v=_5fQZhv0poU

is this a human species, wtf is this?

>is this a human species, wtf is this?
finnish
don't ask
they are considered european by only by the continent they inhabit and human by accident

Lindy is a qt in that pic.

Lloyd is one sexy archeologist

Ah, the Swedish take.

Chicago style, but square!

I'm a Britchap .. .but I would consider this map to be an accurate depiction of what most people think is Scandinavia.

And apart from the odd regional twist, I would consider most of these to be the same cuisine (maybe Denmark has more Pork)

Am I wrong?

Yes, Scandinavia is Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
And finland is Slavic, not Germanic.
Denmark does have a lot of pork, though.
you could argue faroe and greendland are parts of scandinavia though, since they're part of the danish kingdom.

>And finland is Slavic

You may be correct from a genetic point of view but culinary wise, I can't see the difference, cuisine seems to be the same.

>You may be correct from a genetic point of view but culinary wise, I can't see the difference, cuisine seems to be the same.

nope, finns are not genetically slavic, nor linguistically. finns are related to turanic people. like turks and kazakhs

I thought they were more Hungarian than anything.

I am not trying to go /pol/ or anything but trying to keep this on a culinary path . ... if you know what I mean.

Do Finns eat the same as Scandinavians or "turanic people. like turks and kazakhs" . . . ????

I visited my aunts/uncles/cousins there last summer for a couple of months

i enjoy ROMMEGROT quite a bit
oh and my g-mas dried raindeer or whatever that subspecies is

i also like lefse but we make that here a lot

also
>muh lingonberry jam

mosbricka förihelvette

Pitepalt, potato dumpling with pork butter lingonberry and MILK förihelvette!!

also gravlaks

Biff Rydberg

SMÖRGÅSTÅRTA FFS

It's like all Three Stooges were reincarnated into 1 man.

Rullader? Don't mind if i do!

also my cousin and I drove from bergen to oslo and i had a statoil burger

i wish our gas station burgers were this good

Kroppkakor > pitepalt

>I thought they were more Hungarian than anything.

Hungarians are also turanic people like Finns. No /pol/, that's just as it is.

Salty fishroe on egg on bread on table on floor in sweden. Acquired

Sweet and savoury cheeses
Nor/Swe

Sweden and Finland look like a limp dick

First time this has been observed. I think you might win an award.

>no rotten fish
>no rotten meat
>no literal shit

OP you saged your own thread

The best of Swedish cuisine right here.

this looks like a fat wiener fried in a pan and some maccaroni and cheese? is this the pinnacle of swedish cuisine. given that you only eat rotten shit it does seem plausible though.

Flying jacob desu

Is that Chunk?

The national dish of Denmark: Fried pork belly with boiled new potatoes and parsley sauce.

Janssons frestelse

Don't fuck with that.

Danish seafood

Stjerneskud - shooting star

It's not quite macaroni and cheese. It's "stuvade makaroner" or stewed macaroni. Basically you simmer macaroni in milk (with some butter and salt, etc) until it's reduced to that. Served with falukorv, a particular type of Swedish sausage.

Danish pork pâté on rye bread with bacon, mushrooms and pickled beetroot.

That sounds amazing.

GOAT sandwich

It is. This full version is fairly common at family lunches and as a smaller item on café menus.

If you remove the bacon and mushrooms, you have one of the most common pack lunches for school. Some people use cucumber instead of pickled beetroot.

cucumber is only acceptable if it's on white bread

Yes, I don't go for it either.
Beetroot is liver's best friend.

God-tier Danish junkfood

Danish leverpostej is by far the best
t. Norwegian

Räkmacka.

Potatisplättar.

we need to go deeper

>lefse
The correct word in english is "pancakes that aren't an american meme"

Lefse aren't pancakes. They're more like wheat tortillas.

The cucumber is a meme for children and if someone asked for cucumbers for their leverpostej I would probably have to ask them to leave. Even if they actually are children.
And here's a shit tier danish junkfood. I hate it. It's always eaten by hillbillies too.
my bad, looked a lot like a pancake. pancakes are supposed to be like tortillas though, thin and folded with sorta sweet ingredients inside

Muh fuckin dick

This looks amazing

Why is your pic shit tier? Looks like a burger smothered in gravy, kind of like a Danish wet burrito, heh.

What's the matter with that?

>extremely soggy bun
>brown sauce isn't as good for this as gravy would be

I was intrigued by that bottle of sauce, which I thought was poured on the dish as well. Very disappointed to find out its chocolate milk.

Oh its brown sauce, ok. I'm american, haven't had that before. A soggy bun sounds annoying but I'd just dig in with a fork and knife famalam. What is in the sandwich? I couldn't find much info on it.

how am i supposed to eat that. without looking like this.

I think it looks great. The soggy bread is appealing here, like a French dip.

bofsandwich/beefsandwich
I'd suggest a knife and a fork.
well I don't like it, I prefer this with its crisp, buttery bread and the perfect mix of pickled condiments and meat and it fucking makes me climax hard.

Ah ok thanks for the info. Your pic looks nice although I must confess I haven't had pickled beet before. Is the white shredded stuff cheese?

Actually, that looks a lot better

no, it's horseradish.

hell yeah, we have those in denmark as well, fucking great as drunk food

NEEDS MORE MAYO

There are too many flavours here.

It looks overdone, the sort of things that Americans do. Sometimes keeping it a bit more simple is better.

>There are too many flavours here.
nope, it's like a hotdog, tons of flavors, but they even out and compliment each other perfectly. it's not even a challenging dish, I highly recommend you try it, I haven't met people that didn't like it.
I get why you'd think that, but it's just not accurate.

bacon and potatoes?
This pleases me

Perhaps it's just me but it just looks like too much is going on, capers, raw onions, horseradish are quite strong, I just can't see it working with beetroot, and raw egg?? . . .. .and we are forgetting that the main component is the Burger.

You might be right, that it could taste good but something just tells me that it's overdone.

It it were up to me, I would lose the capers, egg and onions but there we go.

I can do without the onions(general don't care for raw onion though), but the rest is essential(and so is the onion probably, again, bias). It's a huge dish in denmark, especially a decade or two ago when food was less international, something doesn't become a go-to fastfood without rock solid fundamentals.
The egg is absolutely god tier and makes the dish.

why add a raw egg yolk ? i dont get it.

Bacon isn't just porkbelly you big fat greasy murrichubb.

I pity the fools that haven't eaten reindeer.

>why add a raw egg yolk ? i dont get it.
it is so tasty it's not even funny, that's why, goes really well with the meat and especially the bread.

no, porkbelly, or "flaesk"(literally flesh)

what are these fampai?

First is a type of cheese called leipäjuusto. Kinda unique texture best described as "squeky". Served usually with cloudberries (delicious but expensive since they can't really be cultivated)

Second is kalakukko. Bunch of small fish, bacon and other stuff baked into a shell made from rye dough.

Flytt der då din satans landsforræder

norwegian language is super cute. tfw no norwegian bf.

Usikker på koss eg bor reagera t dette...

Åpent mål?

Du bor reagere med å lære deg å skrive språket forst din jævla siddis.

it's like gay german

Sorry, but that's danish.

Eg skrive d sånn eg seie d
Faenkje kall meg ein jævla siddis din fokkings ostlenning

what in the name of god??? he looks like the beowulf monster, and that shit was CGI