Have ghost peppers replaced truffles as the meme ingredient?

Have ghost peppers replaced truffles as the meme ingredient?

Other urls found in this thread:

wendys.com/en-us/fries-sides/jalapeno-ghost-pepper-fries-old
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes

No

Truffles are a good ingredient

That looks like a bite-size chicago pizza.

>meme food
>meme ingredient
>meme meme meme meme meme

Le neckbeard

>he doesnt add chiles and olive oil to everything
fucking pleneians

Kek

>chiles
*chilis

kys

Jamie Oliver?

who actually cooks with fresh ghost peppers? they're too hot.

their only purpose is to make super hot novelty sauce.

the thai do, no?

It's the other way around. Truffles are in everything now. Ghost Chili's were like 3 years ago.

no siracha did.

I thought that was Oprah for a second

A meme food has to be popular, and most people don't eat ghost chillis.

Besides, what the fuck are saying Ghost Chillis are more memified than Cock Sauce? nope

I wish

>a meme food has to be popular.
You know how much of a Mong you are, user?

>Ghost Chillis are more memified than Cock Sauce? nope
they both enjoy some popularity and only one is an ingredient that a human being can enjoy eating.

Truffles are legit. Truffle oil is the meme.

>truffle oil is a meme
Why?

>ghost pepper
>it's corporeal

Because "truffle oil" is literally trash-grade olive oil with synthetic "truffle" perfume mixed in, then sold at a HUGE markup. That's it. It's expensive smelly olive oil.

You're thinking of pepper ghosts.

The fact that you think truffle oil is made with olive oil proves you've naver encountered it in real life and is just shitposting second hand information. The "truffle" flavour being synthetic has nothing to do with not being delicious.

it's overpriced, but it's a legit oil that has a distinct taste and performs fine. It's not like we're only consuming first cold pressed the rest of the time

>he thinks truffle oil isn't made with olive oil

Are you retarded?

I grow ghost peppers in my backyard in southern Florida. I got like 200 last year off 3 plants.

I'm not really sure what to do with them.

Cool blog, bro.

Kiss my balls

>Stop talking about Food & Cooking on the Food & Cooking board!

Spicy foods are different from ingredients of the month. People eat spicy food to feel their tongue burn and, maybe if they're lucky, sweat like a motherfucker with endorphin pumping through them. Ghost peppers are the hottest peppers available for most people, so if they want the most intense heat they'll go for them.

There's no confusion or ignorance about what they are. They're little peppers that burn like a motherfucker. Everybody knows this when eating them, it's not like they put it in as some kind of secret ingredient. Hell, if you're not careful a ghost pepper will ruin the entirety of your dish.

Not a meme food, don't be stupid.

>be fat
>make yourself eat a little bit of ghost pepper every morning
>destroys your appetite for hours

there's some practical uses for them outside of flavor

What do they make it with, user, canola? Truffle oil was a huge meme and it's now regarded as a joke in the culinary world.

Truffles are still known as one of the finest foods and if I'm not mistaken, the most expensive by mass?

>meme
Might want to get a dictionary, user.

I mean, the way I'm somewhat facetious lyrics using the term, as someone who researches memes at the scholarly level, is to denote a type of virology in its spread. As a cultural elements (meme in the social scientific sense) it spread rapidly (like memes in the internet sense) throughout the restaurant scene in the 90s. It was fucking everywhere. And really it's just not a very good tasting oil. Fine dining became more mainstream with a good American economy, and everyone thought it sounded fancy as fuck. That's a meme in the only way I'd ever hope to apply the word to food, and one of the few instances in which I have.

>facetious lyrics
facetiously, desu

It isn't. It's made with plain oil like canola/rape seed or grape seed. Olive oil has too much flavour of its own. If you don't know what you're talking about, please keep quiet rather than spouting some second rate conjecture you cobbled together from something you read online.

>it's made with canola oil
>posts picture of one made with sunflower oil

Here's one that's made with olive oil. Please try to contain your stupidity.

it isn't?

>it's now regarded as a joke in the culinary world
man, making things up must take up a lot of your time for you to get that good

but he has right... truffle oil is garbage and most fine dining Restaurants i know don't use it anymore

I don't see why people like ghost peppers. For one they taste like a regular habanero with more kick to it. I just adhere to the traditional more pepper-taste less hotness than less pepper taste more hotness. I don't find them useful in culinary diet unless you have a recipe that calls for hotness and no pepper taste. Cayenne peppers will always be my go to. You can actually taste them, they are fleshy and they taste great.

Truffle oil shows up at burger joints and Applebee's type places. It's decried by most chefs. Why do you talk about something without even looking into it?

Truffle oil is olive oil flavored with some petroleum-like product. It's got a pungent smell like truffles, but none of the earth tones and depth of flavor for which they're so well regarded.

A ghost pepper is a pepper that tastes like a ghost. A non-corporeal pepper would be a pepper ghost.

Send them to me.

mcdonalds never used it dumbass.

wendys.com/en-us/fries-sides/jalapeno-ghost-pepper-fries-old

right now they also have a burger with buns infused with ghost pepper I think. I've been seeing it everywhere. Truffle fries etc. less so.