What country has the best food in your opinion?

What country has the best food in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FW5sYH46NMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love miso soy and fish so probably Japan

>pic highly related
And it's not even close

Chicago is not a country.

america.

France. I don't care if it's cliche.

hard to pick one, i have a thing for Vietnamese food atm.

German cuisine is pretty tight.

>get excited to try menudo
>smells terrible
>soup base is bland

>getting excited to eat menudo
That's because you're an idiot. Menudo is one of the least interesting Mexican foods/

America

Japan then mexico

You got shit tier menudo.
Was it so shit that they served it with hominy?
>hominy is a tradition when it comes with fucking up based menudo

Fuck off, UK

caldo de res > menudo

Menudo is focused on the stomach, not the base. If you want a well rounded dish then pozole verde is a better choice.

>german cuisine
>pic unrelated, it's austrian cuisine

You're right of course, Schnitzel, even if it is veal instead of typical german pork Schnitzel, is rather common in germany. But still, it even says Vienna (Wiener) Schnitzel. Most of german cuisine really isn't so interesting though. To me anyway, I prefer Italian or generally mediterranean food.

I always say it at a local place that it's only served on the weekend so after 4 years of seeing it, I decided to try it.

No. They gave oregano which I'm guessing is to mask the scent but I still couldn't.

Mexican actually. Menudo is just a meme.

France, Mexico, Thailand

This is the only answer
youtube.com/watch?v=FW5sYH46NMI

Oregano is no good for menudo, but it is considered customary I suppose.
>4 heaping spoonfuls of taco shop red salsa
>finely chopped white onions
>finely chopped cilantro
>serve with corn tortillas

Wala.
God-tier breakfast

>mark memes
I wonder what that autistic cunt would do eating moles in oaxaca , street food in tijuana/ensenada and trying out fondas/mercados in df.

Too chewy. Am I just supposed to swallow it whole after gnawing on it for a bit?

generally in Europe, it is Italy, unironically they make the best food. Followed by France, Spain, Greece. Everything else is meh and scandis are literal shit.

yes

This chi'go 'za looks delish!

Buttmad spic detected.

>Italty
>good food

Pick one

Um, Austrians are Germans dude

Italy from all euro nations has indeed the best cuisine. that is a fact.

>Um, Austrians are Germans dude
no we are not, we are Austrians.

Österreich ist eigentlich ein teil von Deutschland.

>Österreich ist eigentlich ein teil von Deutschland.
Ja, der balkanische Teil.

Thai, Indian or Scandinavian, depending on what I feel like.

inb4 plebs think scandinavian food is bad.

This, Mexican and Lebanese food is pretty awesome too.

I like you user

Korea. Fuck Japan. Once you try a variety of food from around the world, Japanese food is extremely bland in comparison.

You can't judge European food by the strip mall restaurants in flyover ville

French is the best. Greek Italian and Spanish are all even. that would be my top four

I agree. Korea has a very unique set of flavours and ingredients. I love it. Japanese is more art than food sometimes. I also love Vietnamese but I don't know as many dishes that I like as with Korean

In Yurop, France, followed VERY closely by Spain. France's contributions to cooking can't readily be ignored, and Spain has a wonderfully broad variety of food, a deep appreciation for pork (objectively the best meat), and the main thing keeping them in #2 is their weird obsession with dried codfish.

China wins out in Asia. Japan's weird culture means the only dish you can experiment with is ramen, everything else is exactly the same.

US wins in the Americas, by virtue of having everything else, and every other country being either a poor imitation (like Canada) or a third-world shithole.

Anyone who says Italy is a pleb.

México and perú >us

I haven't actually eaten any other country's cuisine beyond the basest fast foods, so my own country's food is the best.

Agreed with this.

Chicken, samgupsal, kimchi, seafood, gimbab, dopoki etc etc etc. Yummy food in korea. Alot of its healthy too.

I'd have to say Chicago. How about that deep dish style pizza pie they've got there!

DEEP

mexico

>country
>"chicago"

No. If it's to chewy it wasn't cooked long enough. I'm half Mexican, my mom occasionally makes it. I thought I didn't like it for exactly this reason until I had someone else make it. Turns out it needs to be simmered for hours where as she would go half an hour max

1. French
2. Nips
3. Chinks
4. Can't decide between thai and mexican
5. Peruvian

1. Nips
2. Beaners
3. merica-fatty goodness
4. Guineas
5. Frog suckers.

>
This, France leads everyone by a huge amount. Everyone else WISHES they were France.

Mexico
China
Thailand
France
Japan

Honorable mention to Peruvian and Italian.

Japanese food is just stolen Korean and Chinese cuisine.

Idk about wishes they were France... But the French already had a lot of strong culinary stuff when they got all imperialist. In contrast, you find Lot of curry in the UK but not so many mince piss in India

A lot of northern Mexican food is really French techniques with native ingredients

Lol pies* autocorrect but fitting

It depends what flavor profiles you find most attractive.

Japanese food has very simple and balanced flavors with tones of umami. Lots of fermented and earthy flavors. Most things have minimal preparation as the natural flavors are what is important. I think Americans take to Japanese food well it is by far the most bland of Asian foods which complements the bland diet of the average American.

I would take Thai food over it for its bold flavors. Fish sauce, limes and chili make an amazing sweet, sour, salty and spicy base. Lots of bold herbs like coriander, mint and basil. Everything tastes very fresh and light. I also prefer tropical fruits like mango, papaya and coconut.

I think of the Asian foods Chinese is the least appetizing. It tends to have the heaviest foods. Garlic, ginger and scallions just make too many of the dishes taste the same.

India/Thailand
Ethiopia honorable mention

Not sure about the criteria for "the best", but I find Mediterranean food, Greek in particular, to be most enjoyable. Fresh, not overly bold flavours, lots of vegetables and meat, savory cheeses. Absolutely based.

Food in restaurants (also taking into account a middle class budget)? France, Japan.

Food "attributed" to a country? Italian is what I actually eat most often.

Food available in supermarkets? USA, Germany, Switzerland.

Asian
Scandinavian
Mediterranean

this trifecta of cuisines really does it for me
an abundance of seafood, the right amount of vegetables, and the spices used and cooking methods are all perfect

Peru, Italia and France

Mexico>Peru

Mexico
Japan

Thailand.
T. Finland

1. 'cago

Romania.

I can't believe I am first to say it, what the fuck is wrong with you all!

That's a nice looking Chicago deep dish 'za

It's not fair to say UK hasn't impacted Indian food culture. Tea, biscuits, jams, bread to name a few are big in India because of the Brits. They didn't impact lunch or dinner much but did impact breakfast and snacks. Don't know if that's because of British mains being pork and beef based or being bland.