What is the most authentic Italian dish on the Olive Garden menu...

What is the most authentic Italian dish on the Olive Garden menu? I realize many of the dishes are hardly Italian and are Americanized, but what is the most Italian dish?

youtube.com/watch?v=Louu_0m_riM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4
nytimes.com/2004/06/09/dining/for-the-pizza-makers-of-naples-a-tempest-in-a-pie-dish.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

By far the Chicken picatta.

spegeti and meetball

The veal.

All of Olive Gardens dishes are authentic, they create all their dishes in kitchens in Italy.

the hair in the food.

>Buzzfeed

>that bias when reviewing with another person
>being told "hey this food from is a very shitty non-authentic place"
>its nota reala meatabol

this format only works for qt Koreans

aka watching "irish taste taste american snacks" or buzzfeed "fast food isn't inspired by centuries of Oaxacan tradition"

It's funny as hell though.

Just fucking setting foot in one of those abominations is a diagrazia worthy of being disowned and permanently shunned.

Fucking Amerifats.

Have you ever been in one? If you haven't you wouldn't know what the food is like.

The Chinese one is great.

They have young Chinese people and old Chinese people eat Panda Express and offer their opinions.

The younger people go "Not authentic" or "not good" or "NOT MUH CHINESE"

The older people actually like Panda Express.

It's great. It's exactly what my own Chinese grandma said about Panda Express.

>all the women who go into it already bitchy don't like it
>the women who say they like it are friendly and having a good time

bitchy angry grandmas are the worst

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4

Who gives a fuck.

also, Olive Garden is comfy I don't care what you tell me

They're the funniest though.

Kek, I guarantee those fucking kids have never even been to China before. They're 100% Americanized, pretending like they actually know what "real Chinese chow mein" is like or something.

>"italian" cuisine
>authentic

bro literally every village in that fucking country has a different recipe for the same meal

the food actually isn't that bad. I'm guessing you never ate at one.

>Amerifats: The Posts

Just the smell of their so called "tomato sauce" is enough to turn my stomach.

Their tomato sauce smells heavenly that rich warm taste that just infiltrates your nostrils and takes you straight to heaven.

The problem is they tell the people where it came from before they try it.

Pretty much any of it is as authentic as any other. They go way too far with the parmesan and garlic, and the red sauce is way too sweet, but other than that, it's "Italian" as any Italian food made with 'merican ingredients.

cheese tortelloni with tomato sauce it is on the kids menu but you can just order 2 of them (sometimes 3!)

you can also order a 2 liter of soda pop while you dine in the restaurant they have them there and then you dont have to wait for refill

their Chicago Style pizza, natch

>They only use young Chinese or old Chinese in this vids
>Never use middle aged Chinks that sit culturally
in between both groups

>young people without chinese accents shitting on it for being shit
>actual chinese people loving it

hipsters are killing me inside

Way too sweet? Every other Italian place I've gone too their sauce tastes way too bitter or acidic, and I don't know why, but I'll take sweet over overly acidic anyday.

Olive Garden is pretty good, but it's no Fazoli's.

of cours the old guys like it. strong tastes and textures are their jam

>that one young guy with two girls next to him
>lol this stuff is crap lol right ladies lol

I seriously hope these aren't italian american.
Italian americans are not italian.

>Monday: Your work is hosting a corporate dinner at Fazoli's; if you want to keep your job, you better attend.
>Tuesday: It's your anniversary. Your fiancee's favorite restaurant? Fazoli's. Skip this one and you can kiss that marriage good bye.
>Wednesday: Your childhood best friend has a layover at your local airport. You haven't seen him in more than 5 years and he insists on having dinner. The only restaurant past the gate? Fazoli's.
>Thursday: Your late uncle Chet has left you a sum of $20k. His only stipulation is a meal, in his honor, at his favorite restaurant: Fazoli's.
>Friday: A sudden thunder storm has knocked your whole city off the grid. You haven't had time to get groceries, and there is only one restaurant in town with a back-up generator. Fazoli's.
Can you survive FIVE NIGHTS AT FAZOLI'S??

From Italy here.
I ate at Olive Garden once. Also Buca di Beppo (which literally means "Joey's Hole" in Italian slang and why anyone would want to eat anything that comes out of Joey's hole will forever be a mystery to me).

This was when I was in university in the US. My friends and I, a group of about a dozen people, half of whom were 'international students,' decided to go out to eat and we settled on OG. Two Korean girls asked the waitstaff to put everything in the middle of the table and set out extra plates for us to serve ourselves from, so I got to try a little of everything ordered.

So what's authentic? Nothing. Not a thing I saw was remotely close to authentic.
Even the water is wrong. We drink mineral water with our meals out, never tap. I asked for a glass of water and they gave me tap, which weirded me out.

That said, none of the food was necessarily bad, really, just not to Italian tastes, which is fine, because it's not made for Italians.

>Even the water is wrong. We drink mineral water with our meals out, never tap. I asked for a glass of water and they gave me tap, which weirded me out.
how the fuck would you know?

Not him, but to be fair there's always mineral water and wine out on the table for any meal with no requests. It's just part of the dining culture.

Huh. That explains a lot when I have dinner with my boyfriend's family and why they always have mineral water. They either have mineral water or wine.

I'm used to it now. His mom let's me make drinks with the mineral water.

Having someone cook actual Italian food is wonderful. Olive Garden can't compare. It's so boring.

How would I know what? How every restaurant in my country has always given me water when I've asked for water every time I've asked for water?
Or whether it's tap or mineral? Because there's a huge difference in taste between tap and mineral. Are you under the impression that spring water = mineral water or something? Spring and tap: can't tell. Tap/spring and mineral? Absolutely can. Mineral tends to be lightly fizzy and has a, for lack of a better word, mineral-y taste to it. Tap/spring just tastes of normal, plain water.

I could eat that shirt rib tortellini shit for the rest of my life.

He's definitely coming off as a tryhard snob.

>italians
>they speak fluent english and are old as fuck
I'm calling bullshit.

Buca di Beppo is fucking great don't even try

italians are the pickiest fucking people on the planet.
You could sit a guy down, blindfold him, and serve him his own grandmas dish that she just finished cooking secretly next door (in her own house, like always), and he would still have an issue with it saying it's not authentic and whoever made it doesn't know what they're doing.
It's like they half survive on food and half on feeling superior for absolutely no reason

this

because every little village in italy has their own slightly different recipe, and they all think the recipes from the other little villages aren't authentic.

I had it when they catered a wedding reception I went to, which seemed like a pretty trashy choice.

Just as with OG, there was nothing particularly offensive about BdB's food, it's just a tad too sweet for me and the pasta a tad overcooked. The only offensive thing about it is the name.

Seriously man, those Alfredo fettuccine egg noodles are fucking unbelievable.

>just not to Italian tastes
just like tank warfare

>>Buca di Beppo
>Restrooms feature recorded ambient sounds — women laughing and conversing in Italian in the men's room and vice versa in the women's room.

what the fuck

I love how pretentious those kids act, of course it's not authentic, its american fast food. That doesn't mean you still can't admit it tastes good

I like the "irish people taste..." ones, because in nearly every single video there's the one guy who always mentions it would be better with cabbage in it

It's authenticâ„¢!

an interesting read for you about how much they bitch about authenticity:
nytimes.com/2004/06/09/dining/for-the-pizza-makers-of-naples-a-tempest-in-a-pie-dish.html?_r=0

>american immigrants think they have any sort of connection with the land they came from
TOP KEK.
these grandmas are no more italian than any other american.
What's next? they make americans with irish blood review irish pubs as if they have any authority? you're all just burgerinians, your family culture is a total caricature.

Complaining that Olive Garden isn't authentic Italian food is like complaining that Taco Bell isn't authentic mexican food. They're both medicore, but they both have their merits: they just are their own food.

I'm biased with Olive Garden because when I was a young teen, my parents would take all of use there after a busy week sometimes, they would get their cheap wine, we would get our raspberry lemonades, and they had nice service. Ours had Frank Sinatra playing, nice stucco/fresco painted walls with grapes and vine decor, and it was just off the main road so you didn't have to deal with trafic. THey had veal canaloni, that had fatty, cream sauce and sweet tomato sauce: you dunked your breadsticks in it. Their soup before dinner was usually pretty good. the whole eperience was really nice.

I remember going to a Carrabas in highschool for a school dance or something and all of it's food was pretty bad, so OG isn't the worst place to go, really. I'd imagine their menu is nothing but soups, salad, and sandwiches now but probably a decent place to eat.

"Authentic" anything is generally overrated, it's always expensive and foreign, something you wouldn't come back to try again. The only thing I enjoy that's authentic is pho, and even that is pretty inexpensive and simple.

I've gotta say, my mother does, in fact, do this, but I don't think this is all Italians. Seems very, very common among Italoamericans, but those of us from Italy, save old Italian women, aren't generally like that, really.
I think Italoamericans do it so much because their fathers/grandfathers never interacted with them much so their only notion of what people in Italy do/act like is what their bitter, unpleasant mothers/grandmothers do and, ever wanting to connect to muh heritage, they emulate her crotchety, unpleasant behaviour.

As for my mum, I wouldn't mind so much, except that after she's finished talking shit on the food she's been served, she'll eat the whole plate anyway. AND sop up sauce with the bread. Drives me absolutely mad.

when did terroni get internet?

exactly
>WAAAH THIS CHEAP ASS FOOD MADE FOR THE GENERAL AMERICAN PUBLIC CREATED IN NO WAY TO BE AUTHENTIC IS NOT AUTHENTIC

Didn't watch the video today, but I saw it some months ago. As I recall, a few of the grans were legit from Italy. The others were about as Italian as lo mein.

>mum
are you sure you are an authentic american? saying "mum" is not authentic.

>post clearly states that he's an italian from italy
>"are you sure you're american bro cuz you don't talk like an american i don't think you're american you're not american right bro?"

this is an authentic american website.

Glad we cleared that up.

>The younger people go "Not authentic" or "not good" or "NOT MUH CHINESE"
>The older people actually like Panda Express.

the older people are just happy they're not having to eat dog anymore

Fun fact: Asian that have eaten dog don't give a shit that they've eaten dog.

"Authentic" anything, in my experience, by rule is not actually really that authentic. Just overpriced. This actually also includes OG, to me.

You want authentic or traditional food? Go to a local place that staffs people from that culture and doesn't push the "muh authenticity" brand. They're usually family owned & the native language is used in the kitchen. They *may not* look the nicest from the outside, or be in certain peoples comfort-zones of their own city, but it's the food that counts, right?

>Mexican
>Vietnamiese
>Japanese

No, it's bad.

My wife fucking loves Olive Garden, so I have plenty of experience. It's a strain on our marriage. It's awful.

my wife is a vegetarian.. she likes places like stevie B's (pizza buffet) and ihop...

i know your pain bro. i feel it too.

>Two Korean girls asked the waitstaff to put everything in the middle of the table and set out extra plates for us to serve ourselves from

What the fuck?! Just order what you want to eat and leave my food alone.

but italians will literally accuse other italians of not making authentic italian food in italy.
mexicans do this too in my experience, though I have a lot more experience with italians growing up in New York.

it's "family style." asians love that shit.

I only had Olive Garden once, but it was pretty good

It's not authentic but it's not really trying to be

there are a lot of Mexicans in New York now

I want to get myself a Mexiqt gf

Yep, that's exactly it. My wife is a vegetarian, and a picky one at that. So she only trusts big chains with safe food.

I don't want anything to do with Asians, then.

ALL YOU CAN EAT BREADSTICKS