Eurofag here. I want to try pic related but we don't have this brand here...

Eurofag here. I want to try pic related but we don't have this brand here. Can you tell me the name of this sausage so I can buy it in my country?

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/breakfast-sausage-recipe.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Different eurofag here, seems like it would be some variant of liver paté, or whatever you guys call it in your country

That is a simple "fresh" or "breakfast" sausage brand. Pork (meat and fat) ground with spices and herbs, not smoked or cured in a casing.

Often sliced or hand-formed into small patties and fried (think sausage in a biscuit), sometimes cooked and crumbled (sausage on a pizza)

If you want something along these lines just ask your butcher for bulk sausage or fresh sausage. It should be sold by the pound (or kilo?) like other ground meat.

Good eats recipe: foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/breakfast-sausage-recipe.html
Just shows that it is simple enough to handle on your own.

nope.

It's just ground pork with salt, pepper and a bunch of sage.

If you can get English Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages, they are very close in taste and texture to Jimmy Dean. just remove the casings or see if your butcher can sell you loosemeat if you want to make patties

Get Tennessee Pride Hot

JD is overrated.

tenn pride sucks balls... oklahoma's jc potters is the best. especially their hotlinks. hot damn they're to die for.

>this whole thread
>taking the bait this hard

>expecting Veeky Forums to not be retarded
maximum overkek

Jesus, south plz leave.

Shut the fuck up. This is so wrong that you need to get off this board forever and ideally kill yourself. Jimmy dean is so far rempved in taste and texture from a cumberland or lincolnshire that this bait gave me a stroke

the ingredients in Lincolnshire sausage are identical to Jimmy Dean

Sage sausage or farmers sausage or pork sausage.

Its pretty good but only hicks and white trash eat it because it is so bad for you.

>implying Tennessee Pride can feed 600lbs of men
>implying JD isn't for southern people to eat with their breakfast of fried egg and t-bone steak

Jimmy Dean Sausage is the big spoiler in the movie Come on Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean Jimmy Dean

>animu on a food and cooking board.

Jimmy Deans is absolute shit tier

Bob Evans sausage is the best

What the fuck is a 'Lincolnshire'?
Hobbit food?

This is absolutely correct excepting one ingredient, which really doesn't affect taste much (but does affect texture): rusk. Lincolnshire sausages have rusk while American breakfast """""""""""""sausage""""""""""""" does not. And I put that in quotes because I don't see how you can call it a sausage since it's not in a casing. It's basically a deliciously spiced and seasoned pork burger. If you can call that stuff a sausage, then why not call pic related one, too?

Also Euro here.
It's not hard to make yourself. Look up recipes in English, preferably from American websites, for homemade "breakfast sausage" or "sage breakfast sausage." I've made them in the past, but I don't recall the proportions, though I remember it had black peppercorns, a pinch of dried rosemary, a fucktonne of dried sage leaves and a little allspice, all powdered. Also other things I don't recall. The rosemary and allspice both stood out to me in the recipe because I thought they sounded off as Americans don't really use rosemary much and I don't taste either it nor the allspice in the finished product, but when I tested it by cooking up a bit of the mince with both ingredients omitted, it just tasted like something was missing.
When I added them both and fried a second patty, it tasted exactly right, but I could detect neither the rosemary nor the allspice at all, as though they provided the backing vocals to a popular song that you don't really pay attention to.

I wouldn't use Bob Evans to feed a dog. Old Folks is the bomb. It's up there with Tennessee Pride, slightly above the megabrand, Jimmy Dean. Bob Evans is several tiers below that and for old white people who can't take flavor.

>can't call sausage a sausage
What should we call it then?
Formed shredded breakfast pork with sage?

I think American breakfast "sausage" is fucking delicious, no matter what someone may label it. It's one of those 'a rose by any other name' sorts of things, so if you wanna call it 'sausage' you go ahead and call it sausage. What matters is that people understand what you're talking about and if everyone around you calls it 'sausage' then they will.
However, keep in mind that we're an international community so sometimes people will misunderstand terminology you may use just as you may misunderstand terminology used by others, like how 'pants' refers to underwear to Brits and 'thongs' refers to flip-flops for Aussies while to an American, they refer to trousers and tiny undies, respectively.

I assume that like me, OP and are from places where raw sausages are always in a casing so for us, calling it 'sausage' seems a little weird, is all. That's the only point I wanted to make.

Now, to specifically answer the question, many countries/cultures outside of North America that have them or similar foods just call them pork burgers or pork patties, but as said above, if you wanna call it 'sausage,' do it. Ain't no one throwin' shade atcha fo' it.

>OP and # are from places where raw sausages are always in a casing so for us, calling it 'sausage' seems a little weird, is all. That's the only point I wanted to make.

Your point is stupid. Jimmy Dean sells cased sausages as well. They are the size of an index finger and come about 16 to a pound.

>1 part american breakfast sausage
>3 parts ground beef
>crush saltines
>an egg
>pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes

Best fucking meatballs

>your point is stupid
Nope.

> Jimmy Dean sells cased sausages as well.
No one's talking about those.

> They are the size of an index finger and come about 16 to a pound.
Indeed. I buy them from time to time. Well, not JD because I've honestly never noticed JD sell anything in a casing, just plastic chubs or trays of patties, but I'll take your word for it.