I will be visiting Japan next month and I expect to be invited to a tea ceremony

I will be visiting Japan next month and I expect to be invited to a tea ceremony.
I am researching now because u don't want to commit any faux pas.
Do you have any advice?
>watching anime does not make you an expert so weebs please do not bother, thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bc6v8IUe_0g
youtube.com/watch?v=KT69ANFLm2k
youtube.com/watch?v=FoRClRfv4HE
youtube.com/watch?v=pqZcEwHBAk8
youtube.com/watch?v=bG6oT5kYI0Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ask your host questions before hand on what is to be expected of you. Be very careful when handling the tools.

Youtube has videos, maybe they have a video or 500 on this.

>Veeky Forums, give me advice for going to a traditional japanese tea ceremony
>by the way, i'm not interested in any advice from the people here who are actually interested in japanese culture and would have researched and possibly participated in this stuff before

He said no animu fags.

Who gives a shit it's just tea fuck them if they get offended tell em to shut up or you'll drop a Nagasaki to Hiroshima their asses hell yeah pearl harbor never forget

>I am researching now because u don't want to commit any faux pas.

you will.

you can avoid the worst possible outcome but let go of the idea that you will not make any mistake

>by the way, i'm not interested in any advice from the people here who are actually interested in japanese culture and would have researched and possibly participated in this stuff before

Hello, animu fag.

>weebs please do not bother

Learn the meanings of words before you use them.

It's a business trip, I really don't want to offend anyone because it's my ass on the line.
>worried now.

then learn how to properly apologize. It will be taken much better if you fuck up but do so graciously and without making it too big a deal.

Animu is the staple of any weeb lifestyle.

Act like a Normal person. You'll make mistakes but you're a foreigner and you'll be fine. Unless you show up with a raging hangover or drunk then just enjoy the experience. Just apologize if you fuck something up but don't make a scene.

remember to dozo

One of the greatest things about the Japanese language is that you can graciously, severely apologize without being theatrical or making a big deal about it; your word choice/grammar/whatever will say a lot of it for you, much moreso than in English. My advice is to learn what you can and to be prepared to apolgoize

They don't fucking care. They'll teach you there, and expect you to fuck up. If you want to practice anything, practice sitting the correct way so you're legs don't fall asleep.

>>then learn how to properly apologize.

Here is a cheat sheet, in case you get overwhelmed my the numerous ways to render apologies in japan.

are you asian? if so be extra careful, especially if japanese. the more asian you are the more you will be expected to know this shit even though you are actually john snow in disguise.

seiza position is agony for me. I can't maintain it longer than 20 seconds. good luck with that OP.

aside from that, just shut the fuck up and enjoy the experience. the cups have a picture inside them you might miss if you don't know it is there. be sure to check it out.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Don't do any research what so ever. Just do your generic formalities and be generally aware. Any good host will guide you through it and they all know you're tourists anyways so it's not like you will highly offend them or something.

my theory is if you aren't azn/aushchwitz mode it's designed to be painful
the number 1 reason japs tend to be thin

No, it's just a position your thigh muscles aren't usually in. If you practice it a bit, they'll stretch out and it gets easy. Japs who don't do tea ceremony have the same problem.

There's some pretty serious etiquette for eating out that you'll need to bone up on

youtube.com/watch?v=bc6v8IUe_0g

Fuck off, retard.

How come you expect to be invited to a tea ceremony?

you just have to walk down the street in japan and a cute schoolgirl will invite you to a tea ceremony.

Touched a nerve there, weeb?

End yourself weeb, patriotism is stupid to begin with, it's even worse when it's not even your own fucking country.

when you finish drinking slurp the final sip loudly

this is important

Bring some cold milk in a flask because when I went to a tea ceremony they forgot to bring any. The cups were dumb little things with no handles so I brought my Wedgwood too. I'd recommend bringing your own biscuits for dunking. Chocolate digestive is my favourite

here op youtube.com/watch?v=KT69ANFLm2k

There is a way to do this? Please elaborate user

>patriotism is stupid to begin with

Being interested in another culture isn't the same as saying you want their country to win world war 3. And just who did you expect to get answers from if not weebs? Food pic from Japan guy, who can barely type a coherent sentence in English? Or maybe the elusive hiro?

Not even a weeb myself, I just wanted to point out how dumb you were being.

>Tfw you will never be a Japanese schoolgirl at your cute sempai's house
Why live?

Have you ever even traveled outside your hick town? Do you really think everything is perfect exactly where you live and the rest of the world has nothing interesting to offer?

I could never go to one of these because I can't possibly bend my legs backward like that, let alone sit on them for any lengthy time. Can you just sit regular indian style or would that piss them off?

Its just practice but Indian style is acceptable if you can't actually do it

It's a trick op, they're going to give you one of their instant gender change pills and fuck you silly. I know japan.

Is this supposed to somehow encourage him NOT to go?

>implying anyone here doesn't want to be ranma

there is a lot of pretty cool stuff in japan I would like to do. Like that one thing where you hop into a pile of wet naked guys and wrestle around for good luck

a tea ceremony however is something I never want to do, ever

I'd prefer no risk of changing back desu

youtube.com/watch?v=FoRClRfv4HE

>classic image.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=pqZcEwHBAk8

youtube.com/watch?v=bG6oT5kYI0Y

>sempai

First off, demand coffee and an apology for Pearl Harbor right away.

Keep your cowboy boots on at all times! Doing otherwise is like challenging them to kickboxing.

If anyone, even a mammasan lowers their head to you, the proper reaction is a solid and heartfelt hadouken. This tradition goes all the way back to the original streetfighter. They will be ready for it and impressed with your knowledge of Oriental ninja magics.

>insist on standing up, or using a bean bag chair
>wear sunglasses and backwards hat the entire time
>hit on the lady serving the tea
>when she leaves, tell everyone about how hot her geisha ass looks
>refuse the tea, drink Budweiser instead
>explain to the Japanese nationals present why the nuclear bombings were justified
>attempt to get the tea lady's phone number
>order a California roll
>when it comes out, explain to the Japanese nationals how leaving rice in the soy sauce dish is rude to the chef

Literally the perfect smile

This. Don't respect these pigfucks.

I bow the American way

Ask for cowfee instead.

Probably safer to ask /jp/ than Veeky Forums

but he's only got a dimple on one side of his face

While I was in Japan the main difference with America is don't cough/sneeze/blow your nose if possible, if it's absolutely necessary just try and be quiet and reserved about it.
There are alot of smaller things but japs usually don't mind as they're understanding you're American. It's a good idea to ask /jp/ or the japanese thread on /int/

Fuck off gaytard

You want some gween tea to go with that edge?

kek'd heartily, thanks user.

OP is not American.
Why would you assume this?

i must be ignorant because how do you fuck it up... its tea

nigga thats gay as fuck

>tea ceremony

im going to a funeral baby boy, you aint shit

Be sure to offer your gaijin ass to the overlords for some after dinner pounding

>I am researching now because u don't want to commit any faux pas.

> 1:10:59

pretending to have any knowledge of their culture is probably a bigger faux pas than being genuine. ask the people that fucking invited you about the etiquette instead of a bunch of social deviants on an anonymous board.

if this faggot weeb showed up im sure everyone in the room would laugh their ass off.

Show up dressed like Lt. Worf from star trek and insist to perform the Klingon tea Ceremony.