This is what Americans picture when you mention mozzarella

>this is what Americans picture when you mention mozzarella

only flyovers

Naw, they eat this shit with a bunch of wood cellulose in it so that it doesn't congeal on the shelf.

If you aint' grating your own parmesan you can go fuck yourself. Oh and I've literally never seen parm in block form. What in the fuck is that?

oh look another yuropoor obsession thread

3rd one in an hour

Most people would probably imagine a cooked pizza, mozzarella sticks, or something like pic related.

>parmesan is mozzarella

yeah. their "cheese" industry is a joke.

Oh fuck that's mozzeralla. Never the fuck mind. Still haven't ever seen that shit in block form. What I said is still relatively correct.

obsession is not the same thing as morbid curiosity

Are you trying to make this a meme or something?

Shut the fuck up with your bad attempt at apples and oranges.

thats because we generally dont buy mozzarella on its own

If you're eating it, its already melted onto a pizza or breadsticks. Or maybe on a Subway sandwich

american here. that kind of mozzarella is never available in block form, it's always shredded. we do have regular mozzarella here, people call it "fresh mozzarella." it's common here in vermont, every pizza place has both kinds, though they make it a point to call it "fresh mozzarella" while they refer to the kind in your picture as "mozzarella"

Let's be honest here. How many Americans have ever tasted fresh mozzarella, or are even aware of its existence?

I actually picture this. and I dare anyone to try it and say it's shit. it may not be the best mozza in the world, but if all your experience with non-fresh/aged mozza is low moisture skim milk then you have no right to shit talk it.

furthermore whole milk low moisture mozza makes for great flavoring. theres a japanese place that smoked and marinated theirs in miso for an extra salty punch to go with the creamy.

>"fresh mozzarella"

Is it that stuff usually found floating in whey/cheesewater/brine of some kind?

I have family in Vermont and they send us cheese. Shit is bomb and Wisconsin can go fuck itself with thinking it has the best cheese.

more cows than people in vermont. we have our own style of cheddar here. vermont and the adirondacks is a prime cheese area. know where they get cheese from?

Vermont cave-aged cheddar is extremely similar to Irish cheddar. I probably couldn't tell the difference with a blind taste.

not usually. if they have that shit you just described they will have it wrapped in cellophane or whatever plastic wrap in the cheese counter. all grocery stores will have it without the liquid, you can't find it with the liquid here in vermont. iowa and michigan and those other places may be a different situation.

>laughing at the playground retard means you're obsessed with him

found mine in California if it WAS mozzarella

Dude are you Australian? Not trying to be petty or anything, but most Australians that come here don't leave and apply for citizenship. Which puzzles the shit out of me.

The main Australian export is banter thanks to the internet. Oh and not having an ozone layer.

I just bought a 5lb bag of buffalo mozzarella.
I live in america btw...

Almost every grocery store in America sells both processed blocks/shredded as well as fresh stuff in the nicer cheese section.

damn I would get so stoned and eat at least a pound of that shit straight.

> Oh and I've literally never seen parm in block form.

What part of the US did you go to? Grocery stores all have pretty comprehensive cheese selections in WA.

I had a friend in elementary school whose mom was Aussie, he ended up moving there as an adult because he thought he USA was too redneck

I don't know why he didn't just try a different area but it was already a pretty liberal city and he chose Sydney instead

Australia is redneck as fuck and I don't know what kind of shit he was playing at.