Tea General

Welcome to Tea General, a thread dedicated to all the variants of Camellia sinensis, discussion about tisanes is welcomed too!

Be sure to check our pastebin for info of all kind related to Tea:

pastebin.com/SLnGTTKe

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

chinalifeweb.com/shop/product/tea-ducc/86/
youtu.be/EZ8t_7OII0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What can be addded to chamomile for added snooze?

valerian root

Poppy straw

Nyquil

Is tieguanyin supposed to taste floral?

Generally, its floral and a bit vegetal.

However roasted tieguanyin is pretty common.

Haven't had access to tea in days. Looking forward to my soon to be arrived duck shit oolong too much.

>duck shit oolong
wait, what?

chinalifeweb.com/shop/product/tea-ducc/86/

Chicago-style heroin

What's the best electrical kettle on the market for under 60$?

My last one was great until pieces of the fucking thing started coming off into the water during each boil.

there are some ovente ones in amazon, they are decent and no more than 30 bucks.

Just got this one today for 80 euros, pretty happy with it, not sure if its avaliable in other countries its an electrolux expressionist, love the gay ass name

Drinking some white monkey green, pretty nice, I find that it handles up to 80 degrees fairly well but usually brew it at 70 where I find it to be a bit more vegetable and less floral

That half asian girl that apears in the videos is such a qt, I'm going to track her down and marry her

Uh... I like the leaves in the water. Nice taste. Makes me feel clean.

Also crysanthemum.

Do people talk about fucking tea for more than two seconds ? Jesus Christ almighty.

yes, they do, it's a hobby like any other, with all the variety there is you can dedicate yourself to it greatly for years and still have a lot to learn. If you feel it's just leaves in water, then it isnt for you clearly, not that there's anything wrong with that

Low IQ scum detected.

People talk abot a lot of bullshit for lot more that two seconds. I think tea is comparatively meaningful topic.

How do I go around to brewing myself a find cup of poppy tea?
I'm fairly certain I can source the poppy pods.

>General

fucking brits, i swear.

Will drinking this give me any benefits of green tea?

doubt it
tried arizona green tea once (pomegranate I think) and it was fucking vile

Yes, but you will also enjoy the "benefits" of hfcs.

Depends on what you consider benefits of green tea, i guess. It probably wouldnt for me.

Who /wormwood/ here?

It will only bless you with a e s t h e t i c s, and that in and of itself should be worth it.

Bong here, Yorkshire tea is the finest tea in the land. Also if you don't drink tea with milk you are a fucking plebeian.

only poor people add milk to their tea.

>only poor people add milk to their tea.
Nice b8 m8, only degenerate foreign hippies drink tea without milk.

This is true.

You generally add milk to black tea for obvious reasons.

It makes no sense to add milk to green, white, etc. tea because you would completely destroy the subtle flavour.
If you add milk to your silver needle white tea you're 100% stupid.

>I have only drank low quality black tea so far

i don't think that anyone who knows what is silver needle will be imbecile enough to add milk.

Are there any nonherbal teas that are both decaffeinated and worth trying? or am i stuck with poverty supermarket tea

Your tea must be pretty shit to begin with if you have to add milk for """"flavor""""

Is butter tea good?

it's actually OK as far as bagged black tea goes. H&S bagged black is better, but pricier.

So got my package from YunanSourcing today. Havent tried any of the teas yet so you guys get my prelim report on packaging, timeliness and presentation.

Shipping Time:
Ordered on the 9th, arrived today to New Zealand on the 24th, used the 3-6 week shipping option so two weeks is great.

Packaging:
The box was packed pretty good, but some of the bags could have been better. Some of them weren't vacuum packed and some had been but sometime before they were shipped or in transit they became vacuumed. A little shoddy. Apart from that, bags are standard. White Puer Cake just came in some crepe paper.

Here's the kicker though. There is about 5 long brown hair baked into my white puer cake. Like not just sitting on the top, but running through it. I'm not a germaphobe by any means but I'm a little put off by it. Makes me a little less happy about the whole thing.

Planning on emailing the site and seeing what they have to say about it.

Will report back once I drink some of the teas, but I am a little more leery about the whole thing now.

Care to post some pics? i have heard horror stories of puer having... insects on it but never hair.

bought this last week along with 200g of sencha from o-cha. still awaiting an order of puer from dragon tea house i paid 2 months ago. i'm starting to suspect i'll never see it.

I thought the tie guan yin i tried was way too floral but supposedly it isn't a very floral Oolong.

Brit tea culture is stupid. How can you drink so much of something yet care so little for it.

It's a bit like fat people who don't know how to cook (americans).

>80 euros
>for a water boiler
why?

Where can I get a Japanese cast iron teapot for under $250? Seems everything on Amazon is Chinese lead flavored and any other site only offers tea pots folded over one quadrillion times. Is there no in-between?

I just got back from reading the reviews on the most popular ovente model, and they seem as eager to fall the fuck apart as my current kettle.
>80 euros

Again I need to ask, what are good electric kettles for under $60?

Black tea is low quality by definition. No nation that the plant is native to is fool enough to have a tradition of consuming rotten leaves. That's for the schlumps to whom they exported.

>>I have only drank low quality black tea so far

I don't like black tea at all and I never drink low quality tea.
However black tea generally has a stronger flavour and can sometimes even be a bit bitter, meaning it's understandable if you add milk.
However adding milk to milder tea does not make sense since you override the taste of the tea with milk.

what about india

Yeah there ya go. Crap camera so hard to see but I'm really put off by the whole thing. Not like I can just pluck the hairs off either, they have been pressed into the block and run all the way through.

The tea I have tried so far (white from 2014 so dunno what I expected), has been rather meh as well.

White tea never has a strong flavour.

only if you drink it with skittles while wearing a hoodie

Its not as good as the other white teas I have bought is all.

I heard about cigarete butts in pu-er, so hair is comparatively OK. But it would suck anyway.

Black tea's are not rotten. They're oxidized! Pu-erhs on the other hand...

I see plenty of $20-$80 iron teapots in brick-and-mortar kitchen shops.
Make sure you get one that's enamelled on the inside, rusty tea is no fun.

black tea is rotten, puerh is fermented.

Depends on how close to the original thing you can go.
I've tried something that was made to be similar (as close as you can get with readily available north european dairy products anyway). I wouldn't neccesarilly describe it as something I would sip slowly for enjoyment of the subtle taste but it was okay (same mouthfeel as hot chocolate), made me feel alert and warm enough that I went outside in a t-shirt in minus 4°c and dug my car out out of a snowdrift.
I at least reccomend it heartily in the wintertime or whenever you need your wits and warmth about you.

Ripe puerh is fermented, raw puerh is not.
Also fermentation and rotting are the same process, oxidation is unrelated.

Oh. That is different? I was never good at chemistry.

Black tea is oxidized, not rotten. Puer is however fermented and it's considered the most valuable of them all. Guess the Chinks cherish their rotten tea. Now fuck off.

Only ripe puerh is fermented, raw puerh is dried and aged.
The fermentation of ripe puerh is designed to emulate the flavor of very well aged raw puerh for a fraction of the cost and time, same as the bergamot oil in Earl Grey.

It's common misconception. Process chemically known as oxidization is for some reason called fermentation. I wonder why.

>The fermentation of ripe puerh is designed to emulate the flavor of very well aged raw puerh for a fraction of the cost and time
Again - its oxidization of the tea you're talking about. Otherwise you're right.

Havent heard about the bergamot think at EG, though.

Oxidation and fermentation are two entirely separate processes.
Black tea is not fermented, it is oxidized.
Ripe puerh is not oxidized, it is fermented.

>heard about the bergamot

probably cause it's bullshit

Only partially. Earl Grey imitates Fo Shou and Keemun teas, not Puerh.
The idea of imitating more expensive teas by processing cheaper teas is the same though.

My local store has some for 80, but they look near identical to the ones on Amazon and don't list a country of manufacture. Guess I can get over my autism and ask the clerk next time I'm in.

Also got mine today. Had no issues with packing, still havent opened the cake so no comment on that, tried both the white and green,nothing extraordinary but not bad, but that is to be expected from 2014 teas, they were on sale and pretty cheap.

>no one drinking based blue tea

>clitoria
couldnt help but to chuckle

>Clitoria ternatea, common names including butterfly pea, blue pea, Cordofan pea and Asian pigeonwings, is a plant species belonging to the Fabaceae family. The flowers of this vine have the shape of human female genitals, hence the Latin name of the genus "Clitoria", from "clitoris".

>In traditional Chinese medicine, due to its appearance similar to the female reproductive organ, and consistent with the Western concept of the doctrine of signatures, the plant has been ascribed properties affecting this organ. It was used traditionally in an attempt to treat sexual ailments such as infertility and gonorrhea, to control menstrual discharge, and also as an aphrodisiac.

fair enough, does it taste like pussy though?

>fair enough, does it taste like pussy though?

It has a sweet and herbal taste. Goes well with a few drops of lemon juice.
So maybe if your gf ate a bunch of flowers every day.

>tea

Even for black tea intended to be drunk with milk, it's still shit.
All you do with these posts is parade your ignorance.

There's herbal tea and red tea. While not technically real "tea" you prepare, drink and enjoy them like tea.

Cyanide.

>there's herbal tea and red tea
what
>while not technically real "tea"
right, piss off

>tea with milk

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Just drank the puerh, it was good, shoulve used a bit more leaf, only used about 2g, nice chocolatey flavour, usually I tend to like the later steeps more than the first few, the first 3 or so always taste very standard only later do the more subtle flavours are able to come through

Seriously what's this like and made? Can bulk baking seeds be substitute?

this is a raw?

Nope, ripe 18th january 2016

>ripe puerh
youtu.be/EZ8t_7OII0k

Menghai is known for only selling their ripes after that fishy taste dissipates in with time, it ďidnt taste fishy at all

cool. i've had only terrible experience with ripes and gave up trying.

You're retarded. All your tea knowledge probably comes from some wiki and your own assumptions you have only amassed from this year.

looks like avatar piss lmao

is that the blue hallucinogenic flower in the icy mountains from Batman?

Nice argument.

He's not wrong though. He's just an asshole. (Which admitedly, is even worse.)

Yeah, the first person obviously knows that his blue tea is a tisane.

The second guy is just being pedantic to start shit.

What is your opinion on putting alcohol in tea? I've been wanting to try it for a while now.

Alcohol has generally too strong of a flavour, so you wouldn't be able to add much without overpowering the tea.

It might work with flavored teas, I think it would overpower the taste otherwise.

Something like rum could possibly work in a masala chai.

Maybe some of those fruity tisanes, could pair well if they were iced.

I had a gin and matcha cocktail before, it wasn't bad. Don't think I'd regularly mix alcohol and tea, maybe tisanes would work better.

my dragon pearls, yin zhen and long jing are here ! ! !