Ok lads. I have a dilema only you can help me with

Ok lads. I have a dilema only you can help me with.

I'll give you the rundown and a tl;dr after.

The building I live in is a very poor area, mostly immigrants to the US, a few guys like me, pushing into middle age never quite got off the ground. Now I am very poor, as I lost one of my jobs and I send much of my money to my mother and younger sister. My building has a "common" room where people will put things (hopefully decent) things that they no longer need, and it's understood that other tenants may have them as long as they do the same when applicable. So earlier this month I had some trouble with my car and was forced to check said room for food, and hit the jackpot. Either a chinese/vietnamiese/korean or japanese tenant left a box of expired instant meals and I snatched that shit up. Problem is I don't read whatever language this ends up being and the cooking instructions are not exactly clear. Here's where you come in, if anyone is up to the challenge. I need to figure out how to cook these things.

tl;dr How do I cook moon rune food?

So
A) It'd be great if I could figure this out because there's quite a few of these and they could last me a while
B) I thought it'd be fun for us to go through this with me

I'm down for helping, but can't read rune speak.

How about you open the bag so we can see the contents? This would give the instructional photos context.

Also, I hope I'm not being rused by a fucking weeb

Those are Chinese. I know a fair amount of Jap, so I might be able to help you out, by taking stabs at the kanji. Let see if I can work it out.

I only want to open one for now, the one I'll (god willing) eat tonight. So which will it be left or right?

Left weighs 66g less so it will be less of a waste if I fuck it up. The directions on the back are identical down to the character.

I'm a gambling man, and am confident we can easily figure this out. I say go with the big one to reap maximum rewards, but you have to make that decision

Can you take another picture? I can't make out anything on step three.

OP I read enough Chinese to tell you that's hot pot soup base you hold in your hand.

Those aren't numbered instructions but just pointers on how you can use it. Either for 1) Hot pot, 2)a seasoning for stir fry, 3) soup/stew or 4) noodle soup.

The packet on the left is tomato flavour and the packet on the right is half spicy half chicken stock. Add 1L of water to dilute, throw in whatever meats and veggies you have on hand with some instant noodles and you've got yourself a meal.

That makes so much more sense than what I was trying to force on it.

Those aren't instructions, just suggestions for use.

They're packets of hot pot soup base. Left packet is tomato flavour, left packet is traditional Ying yang hot pot (half spicy half chicken stock). Dilute with 1L of water, add whatever vegetables or meats you have on hand and throw in some noodles and you've got yourself a meal.

All right, here's our vic tonight. As far as I can tell the expiration date was Sep 17 2014, as 20140917 is printed in the upper left.

If you've got the google translate app, it can translate from photos. Your photo is shitty, but basically you add drinkable water to the bowl in step 1, to make the soup, then for step 2 you're frying your vegetables in oil (poorfag can skip this step). Step 3 is blurry as fuck, and step 4 says "Use as a pasta dish salad sauce". You can interpret that as you will.

I can't speak Chinese, but I'd bet that was the day it was produced. China is very lax on regulations, so they probably don't even put expiration dates on food

Sweet thanks guys, I haven't got any meat, but I've got some carrots and a couple ramen packs I could use for noodles. With over a L of stock I could probably have some tomorrow too.

What about these? One of them looks supsiciously like MRE spagetti. and the other is impossible for me to even pretend to know.

Several other Asian countries do the same. They only put the date of manufacturing on the package.

Left is sauce base I think. Powder and then you can make that sauce with water and cooking it.

Right is perhaps the same.

The reason those soup broths were so intimidating is because they put them in these little partitioned trays, so I thought they had multiple compartments.

Think an Egg or two would work for protein in that tomato one? Or the chicken one? I don't mind getting a little creative when I have to.

Here's the other two varieties that were in the box, they've got enough english that I can handle them, but I figured I'd share anyway.

So I figure since Ramen noodles are made to cook super fast I should get the carrots done before I even add noodles eh? Then just simmer till the noodles are done?

Also was there anything about what flavor it was? Just so I'm not throwing a bunch of savory into a sweet broth and mudding everything up. Maybe onion powder and a little pepper?

Thanks for the confirmation user.

>aromatic coconut soup

>So I figure since Ramen noodles are made to cook super fast I should get the carrots done before I even add noodles eh? Then just simmer till the noodles are done?

Yeah man. If I were you id julienne the carrots, then parboil them. Finish them off in a pan with some butter and a little bit of the condensed soup broth for some color. That way you'd also be able to taste what sauce you're working with.

Does anyone have input on the spaghetti looking one? It's semi-solid inside so it's not just a soup base.

That's a haidilao hotpot, they're all made the same way.

8 servings of Tomato sauce/bolognese

that's some mid tier expensive instant noodles you have on the left, considering you pick this up in a migrant's apartment.

that shit costs about 5 USD for a pack of 4

It's not quite tomato sauce. It's sour&spicy noodle mix. As the package picture implies, it's meant to be mixed with dry noodles.
I assume it's probably a paste composed of MSG, salt, spicy oil, dried red onion, and tiny bits of soy protein that passes off as meat.
Using it in a stir-fry would be an alternate application of said sauce packets.

sorry, forgot to mention that the previous comment was directed at the "MRE spaghetti" package. the one on the left, in the same picture is Hong Kong style Hot&Sour soup.

Chinese doesn't work that way

Same in chinese and japanese, brah.

Fucking Batman to the rescue over here.

I gotchu.

I think you accidentally translated a bit of the soup there.

Yeah the whole soup area was flickering like A Scanner Darkly. I'm pretty sure at one point I missed screencapping a giant
>AIDS INFECTED