Did anyone else watch BTC from the start but never buy?

I'm curious if there are any other people out there like me with a gun in their mouth now.

I remember solo mining BTC back in 2011 and gave up due to a combination of me never bothering to join a pool because it was a hassle and how I had to move and start paying my own electricity and it didn't seem worth it anymore. When it hit $200 I went into a pretty bad depression.

I jumped back in as a joke when dogecoin launched and sold HL2 on /g/ for 400k doge, which at it's peak went up to like $100 and I was ecstatic. I then lost most of it playing SwC Poker.

I was also there when ETH was like $10 and jumped to $30 and still did nothing but watch because I thought that was as high as it would go and that I already missed the train. Last time I listen to poloniex's trollbox.

Then to top it all off, once Trump was elected I took the measly $300 or so I still had sitting in crypto and transferred it into USD thinking he was going to put an end to it. Instead it 100x'd over the next year.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or am I in my own special camp of regret and retardation?

It's not too late to buy VEN

I had VEN.

Sold it near the peak because of WTC FUD.

Not really, but I considered mining bitcoin in 2010, figured out that it wouldn't even cover the cost of the electricity. Heard about it again after Gox but thought it was dead. Heard about ETH at $7 but didn't buy because crypto still seemed sketchy at the time.

If we could make the perfect choice every time, we would already be billiionaires. There is nothing you can change about the past. Living in regret will only paralyze you into inaction. Do something for your future now or just pull the trigger.

I got really interested in bitcoin back in 2013 and even made a coinbase account. I didn't have my own credit card back then so I would've had to use my mom's and pay her back in cash, and I was worried she'd yell at me for wasting cash on internet money. So I never ended up using that coinbase account until last year.

Buy something and hold more than a year
Btw I had 30 btc at some point but wasted it all on drugs, it sucks but whatever

Buy chainlink and forget about it. It's trested as the next ethereum here. It desearves a 1000x imo

3 years ago i heard about bitcoin and how popular it was becoming but couldent be bothered researching something no one had a fucking idea about at the time.
I had 30k saved up i decided to put 20k into buying my own house and invested the other 10k in stocks.
I dont regret not investing in crypto cause the way i see risk vs reward was not smart investing, just a huge gamble. Some people got lucky yeah but i think trading stocks/currencies is more rewarding because theyre here to stay, and you can actually manage the risk somewhat more than cryptos

I was always aware and ahead of the curve on all this tech stuff but I never did anything about it but it doesn't matter no use dwelling on it

Never too late to buy Ripple, Monero and Litecoin yet.

>be me in 2011
>get wallet
>join a pool
>tell myself "NO user you need to focus on finishing PhD"

Only thought about BTC when news said 1k. I just thought that was ridiculous haHA.

A-at least I have my phd rite.

lol but u only had the 30 btc's so that you cld buy drugs on the darknet

Don't beat yourself up dude. Everyone was surprised when the money started happening.

Now you know what can happen, and it's still not over yet with all these new promising projects. Invest in some reputable projects you like and look forward to a great 2018. Maybe you can't be a billionaire but you can still be a millionaire.

That's true, btc wasn't the especulative meme it is today

op stop dwelling on the past, everyone has clda.. shlda ,wlda stories.. learn from yr mistakes and get somewhere instead of complaining!!

>but it doesn't matter no use dwelling on it

I'll never understand how you guys can just blow off your one chance to become a multi-millionaire.

>browsing /g/ in 2012
>they keep going on about bitcoin mining
>ignore it as a fad
>November 2013 it's at over $200 AUD, which seems like its peaked so take a look at LTC
>$50 still too much for my taste
>following year watch LTC shit the bed and feel satisfied in my scepticism.
>Ignore all crypto talk until 2017 when people start talking about Bitcoins again
>damn Bitcoin is over 1000 but I'm sure it will just crash again
>2000 this has peaked
>4000, come on crashing at any minute
>7000, I'm going to laugh at all these saps when it collapses
>passes 10000, hmm.
>December, fuck it I'm getting on board this money train
Oh there's that crash I was predicting all these years. How about that.

1 chance? you can have plenty of chances. i certainly have

Well no one knows what will happen in the future so why look back thinking fuck i should have done i should have done that?
I dont regret not buying into crypto because frankly i think it would be stressing me the fuck out with the amount of uncertainty there is all around it.
Im much more comfortable holding stocks because companies usually keep you informed on whats going on and you can even do your own research on it and combine it with common sense.
Bitcoin to me is just something every body is talking about and i generally stay away from hot topics in general

KEKKEK

Known BTC since late 2011/early 2012. Was about what, $10 at the time?

You didn't even need to put a stressful amount of money into crypto to make a killing, though. Just $1k six months ago could've easily turned into $100,000.

I also somehow lost money last year in stocks where I had 25k invested because I bet against it. I just really suck at trading apparently.

Invest in 5 promising ICOs. After investing, don't touch or sell that shit, for at least a year or two.

Me. Idgaf if you niggers don't believe me because I wish it was larp. I seen Bitcoin £50 for 10,000 Bitcoin, when I was 12 years old 2009. I jerked off instead cos my mind wasn't developed enough. And then i heard again of Bitcoin when it was 1000 and when it collapsed I thought Bitcoin was done. All the gains over so didn't buy at 200$ after the crash. And then when I saw Bitcoin back at 3000$ I didn't buy Bitcoin I bought ethereum instead. I exposed my self to crypto and vowed never to actually hold Bitcoin. Because £50 would've made me a multi millionaire

yeah thats true, it wouldent have taken much money but logically i wasnt going to put money into something i didnt understand, infact at the time no one understood it.

How the fuck did you lose 25k by bgetting against stocks? did you short them? do you still hold these stocks

I bought a BTC for 8$ and It felt like a scam after seeing It at 4$

I didn't lose 25k, I had 25k in it. I was mostly in inverse ETFs and volatility stocks.

Just this month I got kicked in the balls because I dumped my UVXY bags after months when it went from $8 to $9, then a week later it jumps to $40.

I literally cannot win.

I heard about BTC occasionally over the years but I never looked into it so I guess I don't feel too bad, I just kinda wish I'd payed more attention back then.

That sucks, if a stock is rising and youre worried about it falling you should just sell 25-50% of your holdings and just coast the rest to minimize loss.
My strategy is looking for stocks will a small market cap compared to the shareprice, when i find one ill go through announcements(usually the last quarterly) and see how much cash the company has, if its still got alot of cash then ill look at the charts on it and time my entry.
Like Peter Lynch says (you should read his book) that companies with money cannot go bankrupt.
The reason for the low market cap is basically because the stock markets havent waken up to the stock yet so basically its just a gem lying dormant, as soon as they announce something and the market takes a look at the company the same way i did thats when the stock flies because they all start investing in it aswell

Don't bots already do this, though?

I heard shit at the start but it looked hard to do, then told myself I did the right thing with nocoiner glee every time I heard it crashed. But it was strange because with all those crashes it somehow kept rolling. A friend told me about ETH when it was like $8 and I said I didn't care about cryptoshit because it had to be too late already. Of course, I ended fomoing on BTC at 15K, like the retarded normalfag I am.

dont over think it man
just get on board already
fuck

Yeah bots like to trade pips and stuff like that but i appreciate them cause what most people dont know is that these bots provide fucking awesome information on the charts that people dont think to look at.
back in 2016 i found a stock on the asx that was only 1.5 cents, finally they did something and the market woke up and the stock flew to 16.5 cents. Then bots got involved and the price started bouncing around 15c -16.5 so i pulled up a chart and noticed that every time the price hit 16.5 the rsi was decreasing (which is a serious red flag that the rally has run its course and theres a dump comming)
I sold my shares at 15c and 2 weeks later bought double the amount back at 7 cents (and i kept some profits for the next stock hunt)
So yeah bots manipulate price but theyre an invaluable tool aswell

what a stupid thread, OP never even bought BTC when was super cheap and he is lamenting o hhis unrealised losses. anyone can say ' oh i heard about apple 10 years ago, if id ought id be a millionaire now!!! ' iIve actually sold crypto/stocks that if id held wld be worth many millions! but im not crying cause iv learned and already have mills of crypto!!

I think you're too dumb for investing. Try index funds

Was going to take my litecoin out at 50 but decided I didn't need drugs that much. Ended up trying to day trade half of it just before the boom to Ath so I lost lots of money. There was a dip before boom too and I traded 1 at 0.009.

my, I was going to buy some early on when it was like really low, like sub $100 but never bought any,still have not. dunno but i never just pulled the trigger