Can anyone help me identify what cut of meat this is?

Can anyone help me identify what cut of meat this is?

1/9

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabab_koobideh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabab_barg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

2/9

It's the best kabob I've ever had.

3/9

It's from a kosher meat shop/Persian food place on Pico and Robertson in LA. I don't even keep kosher and it's the better than any unkosher kabob I've had.

4/9

I've been trying to recreate it at home but have failed miserably. I'm pretty sure it's not flank meat.

5/9

looks like overdone flank or tritip

6/9

7/9

8/9

9/9

It's the penis

OP... you just ate dog

It's fucking delicious dog then.

Seconding tritip, even if you get the right cut. There is still whether they are using prime, choice or select. Spices , cooking method etc.

You Japanese?

Koreans eat dog, not Japanese.

did it taste like pork?

The Japanese eat dog all right. It's like a national guilty secret.
Recently the government has had a clamp down but it goes on a lot.

>t. ha-joon

Tomato/tomato

Korean's haven't eaten dog since WWII days
It's mostly the Chinese that eats dogs today

Does it look like top round to anyone??

Looks like flank but it very well may be tri tip. You can cook a tri tip to death & it will still be juicy & flavorful

I thought for sure it was flank, but I tried recreating it with a full cut and it came out mediocre. My next attempt was going to be with tri-tip. My uncle asked them what cut of meat it is and they said it's "minute steak," but I just don't believe it. It's extremely tender and delicious so I just find it hard to believe that it can be top round.

I dunno wtf they do to the meat, but I really mean it when I say its the greatest kabob I've ever had and I've been eating kabob my whole life. Nothing compares to this guy. It's not just the barg(farsi for steak kabob), his juju kabob(chicken kabob), and koobideh(ground beef) are all the best as well. The barg is just my favorite.

forgot pic

Here's a few pics from their yelp.

1/3

2/3

3/3

If it's from a kosher place, then it probably has to do with the meat, itself. Kosher meat has to be butchered and prepared in very specific ways that probably alter the flavor of the meat. If you're trying to recreate the recipe, make sure you're buying meat from the kosher section.

No, it doesn't really work that way. There are only 2 real differences between kosher and non kosher meat. One is the way they slaughter it, the other is that it is salted before sale.

If you're curious, the cow is slaughtered by making a single cut to its jugular so that the death is as quick and painless as possible. Then unkosher veins and fats are removed(unfortunately this makes filet mignon unkosher due to how close it is to an unkosher vein). Then it is immersed in room temperature water to remove all the blood. It's then salted.

That's all there is to kosher meat vs. unkosher.

Seems like that would influence the taste at least somewhat. I mean, im sure the seasoning they use is the main thing, but if you want to recreate it 100%, wouldn't it be best to use kosher meat?

it's a clevus

The place is a meat shop as well as restaurant so I can go there and buy raw marinated meat to cook myself. It's not too expensive either. It's just that the place is a 20-30 min drive away So I'm trying to recreate it with local sources.

Also haven't you even eaten something and really wanted to learn the recipe to cook it yourself? That's a big part of it too. This is pretty much like my holy grail.

But you are right, if the tri-tip doesn't work out, I'll go to the local kosher butcher for the top flank and see if it works.

top round**

Looks like someone took four equally dry shits on a plate and posted the picture on Veeky Forums.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabab_koobideh

It's barg, not koobideh,

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabab_barg

its definitely round. the secret is the marinade and what all else they do to it before grilling, like tenderizing or par cooking it.

no restaurant is going to pay more tham they have to for beef cooked like this

that's pork