I had one of these today from a specialtyand it literally tasted like vomit. What the fuck is wrong with you people...

I had one of these today from a specialtyand it literally tasted like vomit. What the fuck is wrong with you people? Jesus Christ.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
hmdb.ca/metabolites/HMDB00039
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I just asked my American friend to buy me a meal and he brought back a sandwich, a bottle of pop and a bag of chips. What the fuck is wrong with Americans man? That's a fucking snack, not a meal.

It's well known that Hershey's intentionally makes their chocolate taste acidic. That's why you associate it with vomit: stomach acid. It's somewhat of an acquired taste, much like the bitterness of dark chocolate.

Fatass

Why would you have chips with a sandwich? You wanna have crisps with a sandwich, guv!

not just acidic.
they use butridic acid or whatever it is called to oxidise some of the fat polymers in the chocolate. i think it is done to preserve it longer or help with the handling in the manufacturing process.
And butiric acid is not just a "bit acidic like stomac acid", it is something that is conatined in puke.
Basically hershey cuts costs in manufacturing and raised generations of americans to think puke taste is normal in chocolate.
That is really so capitalistic and american, it just is beatiful and hurts at the same time.

>bag of chips
You fucked up

>guv
>crisps

It literally smells like farts or something. Fucking sickening IMO

a lot of american chocolates have wax in them aswell

Its important to check the expiration date on items like chocolate. More than a year on the shelf is bad news. You might not realize it, but in some chain stores stuff comes out of the warehouse expired.

It's an acquired smell :^^^)

WTF is wrong with who? I'm American. I literally do not know anyone besides children who eat that garbage.

it clearly doesn't taste like vomit to those who enjoy it.

there is nothing wrong with them. I know this might be really hard to understand but please try and stay with me on this one. Everyone isn't the exact same as you, has different tastes, and thats ok.

same phenominon as people who like "coffee"

>literally vomit

well, i'll only agree with you because i'm bulimic and chocolate comes up tasting the same. otherwise, no

I love Hershey's chocolate and I love those chocolate kisses things. You guys are nuts.

That's a Chicago-style meal

thing is, Chocolate comes from the americas and the real way you should have it it with chilis in a hot drink. The way chocolate is processed whether by Hersheys or by whatever german/dutch process is blasphemy!

>AMERlCAN """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I always read about American chocolate tasting like vomit but thought it was just a load of cunts being snobbish.

Then I tried American chocolate. What the fuck, it literally tastes of vomit. It's not a mild taste either, it's overpowering. It's so bad I couldn't fucking eat it.

finished a bar of 72% ghirardelli today and it tasted pretty good bro. it kind of had a mildly sour almost fruity aftertaste. good stuff.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_chocolate
>"Hershey process" milk chocolate is popular in the US. The process was invented by Milton S. Hershey, founder of The Hershey Company. The process uses fresh milk from local farms. The logistics of purchasing and delivering fresh milk is difficult since according to state regulations fresh milk cannot be held for more than 72 hours after receiving it. If not immediately processed into milk chocolate, the milk must be disposed. The process is a trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, and then the milk is pasteurized and stabilized. This process gives the product a particular taste, to which the US public has shown to have an affinity, to the point that other manufacturers now simply add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.[6]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butyric_acid
>Butyric acid is present in, and is the main distinctive smell of, human vomit.[8]

yeah, it's not very good.
i'm not really a fan of any candy T B H T H O F A M.

>not smoking cocoa wrapped in tobacco leaves

What the fuck is wrong with you heathens?

Hershey's chocolate tries to contain a very specific type of butyric acid that gives it a tang. Some people are more sensitive to the other flavors of butyric acid then others.

hmdb.ca/metabolites/HMDB00039
>Interestingly, low-molecular-weight esters of butyric acid, such as methyl butyrate, have mostly pleasant aromas or tastes. As a consequence, they find use as food and perfume additives.

American here, Hershey's is awful. I like m&ms chocolate though. It's made by Mars.

>all this Hershey hate

you fags have fucked up taste buds

Yep that's the butyric acid. Their cheap-ass "Hershey process" makes their chocolate end up with that shit in it. Literally puke flavored. I hate being an american sometimes. I hate hershey's so much

k

If you're from Europe, take one these to your Grandma and ask her what she did for one when the Allies were marching toward Berlin.

She will either blush or look off wistfully and remember what her young supple body could and would endure years ago for that tasty chocolate treat.

Yeah, you might not like Herhey's chocolate but your Grandmother is a whore.

>being this mad

American here. You have shit taste

Not a Europoor but I'm pretty sure both my grandmothers would smack the shit out of me if I asked them something like that.

>I'm an ignorant, butthurt 'Murican that thinks 'Murica was singlehandedly responsible for ending WWII: The Post

well at least we didn't ravish your women anf girls like the Russians

we had a bit of class and a rucksack full of Hershey bars
and your dear ol' Grand Mama was a real goer
heard she liked it up the Hershy highway

Stop defending Hershey. They make shit chocolate and there are other American chocolate makers who deserve your money more.

t. American

people got acclimated to the taste of naturally occurring butyric acid from milk being held too long before making chocolate and got mad when they made it properly. hershey's is only good for their cocoa powder.

lol why u mad tho?

Do europoors eat vomit often? They really seem to know what it taste like

get a load of this fancy hipster faggot

American here. no you.

>WAAAAA I DON"T LIKE ICKY FLAVORS

why do euros have such shit taste? Just because it isn't literally unseasoned potatoes, meat, or pasta doesn't mean it's bad.

Jesus, next you'll be complaining that our cheese is too """""stinky""""" for you.

Ugh, why couldn't we have just nuked all of europe and asia instead of just japan?

>He thinks America, and not the Soviet Union won the war...

Vomit comes out of your mouth. How could you not know what vomit tastes like you window licking spastic, have you never been sick in your entire life?

>2016
>still drinking "the sovs won the war" kool-aid

Ishygitty digittiy dooo

they do it to change the melting point i believe

not only did we end the war, we prolonged it long enough for millions of people to die (and i'm not talking about the holohoax)

Euros getting mad cause chocolate is against Sharia Law.