What are some easy vegan meals to prepare?

What are some easy vegan meals to prepare?

just eat a bowl of sugar with a spoon

super easy 100% vegan and lots of calories

Could you suggest some vegan spoon brands

The wooden spoon your mother used to paddle you with.

I almost lost my breath laughing when that news first came out.

buy a bag of bird seed and eat that shit.

>denying other animals food

That's probably because you're a fat sack of shit

Should probably shove more butter down your mouth and make sure you actually lose your breath entirely next time

>Climb mountain with significant death risk
>Expect people to feel sorry about them when they die
Mt. Everest climbing is a dirty business that's an ego-booster for rich people, I ain't saying good riddance but you get what you set yourself up for.

You seem like a really irritable person.

Mostly vegetarian here (for cultural reasons, not because I'm some tree-hugging fucknut).

Tonight, for example, I'm making plov which would be vegan if not for the butter, so if you're an idiot vegan, you can make it with margarine instead.

For one, meal-sized portion or two side-dish sized ones:

carrot, 1 large
onion, 1 medium/medium-small
butter, 1tbsp
salt, as necessary
water, as needed
caraway, 1tbsp of seeds
cumin, 2tbsp of seed
par-cooked rice, 1 cup
>NOT parboiled; I mean rice that you boil then drain when it's just under desired doneness then rinse under cold, running water until the water passing through it runs clear
strong veg stock, quarter cup
dill and/or parsley, a handful fresh or heavy pinch dry

Wash, peel and shred the carrot.
Thinly slice the onion.
Place carrot, onion and butter into a pan, salt generously and set to high heat.
When fragrant, sauté about until the onion starts to turn translucent, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down; meanwhile, toast and powder the caraway and cumin.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to blond, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
When the water reduces back out, sauté about until it starts to brown, then add water to just barely cover and allow to cook down.
Add the powdered spices.
Shake rice of all excess liquid, then add and stir about to mix through with the carrot mixture.
Add the veg stock, stir to combine, and lid the pan.
Place your hand on the lid and when it gets too hot to keep your hand there comfortably, off the heat and allow to steam the rice through, about 10 minutes.
Remove the lid and stir in the dill and/or parsley as you fluff, then serve.

Again, if you're a faggot IE vegan, use margarine or oil instead of butter.

their diet gets them sooner or later one way or another

Falafel burgers, I guess.

You ARE a really irritable person

>clickbait shit that isn't even true

You know what I really hate about this shit, these head lines? If you lived forever, but didn't really have regenerative abilities beyond a normal human, you would get cancer eventually; it's a fucking inevitability for the entirety human population, most people just die of other shit first.

>most people just die of other shit first
Not really. My mother works on a geriatric ward and says most of her patients die because of cancer.

We'll cure it one day.

people die all the time on everest
>nonchalantly read news article
>hang on this bitch was a VEGAN
>holy shit stop the presses!
>Better get my shitposting crew together and flog this on Veeky Forums
not even a vegan, just fucking kys

>not even a vegan
lol

Do I hear the subtle sarcasm in "last leg"? Maybe if she ate that guy who looks completely weak she'd still be at University teaching

Why? Why? Don't you see all the traffic out there?

Going to need you to take two steps back and apply some critical thinking

I'm pretty sure her dying had nothing to do with her being vegan or not.

Yup, plenty of people die on Everest.

VIDF out in full force

-a 12 gauge buckshot cartridge
-a few .22 long rifle rounds
-a 9mm parabelum
-a standard 5.56 rifle bullet

the perfect meals for any practicing or aspiring vegan

bullet to the brain

Nope, just stating a fact.

Then what would any success prove about her being vegan or not?

4 people have died in the last 4 days, 3 of them not vegan

Although I thought it was hilarious she thought climbing Kilimanjaro made her a climbing expert

I've climbed Kilimanjaro and while it is no cakewalk it is 7 thousand feet shorter and a nice gentle slope you could fucking drive to the top if it were legal

snow is another good vegan meal, ice too.

>capcha was select images of trees

ITT: Neckbeards who struggle to climb up the stairs mock the death of a woman brave enough to climb Everest.
I don't care about her lifestyle choices, she achieved more than 99% of this board will ever in their lives.

I live upstairs, fridge is downstairs, you figure it out.

Still gotta get back up there, fatty.

the point is I'm pretty damn good at climbing stairs.

Grass. It's 100% natural. Just go out and chew it with your blunt vegan teeth.

You can't digest it, but you can't digest half the shit vegans eat anyway.

>ego-booster for rich people
Yup.
> I CLIMBEDED THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN!
> KING OF THUH WURLD!

If you want something to brag about, climb K2. It's only the second-highest, but it's way harder. IIRC, it's got about a 60% survival rate.

did this need another thread?

The point is that the person did that while explicitly saying that she's doing it because she's vegan, so that she can show how vegans are as good as or better than other people. Then she fails.
You have to admit that there's a certain kind of irony there, won't you?

I fail to see how that is at all ferrous.

I think she died from lack of irony though.

You're delusional if you seriously think that a properly done vegan diet is unhealthy, and this is coming from someone who slaughters his own animals and makes sure to have eggs, dairy or meat at every single meal.
>legumes
>vegetables
>nuts
>fruit
>wholegrains
>tubers
What's wrong with these?

Full of antinutrients and carbs that spike your blood sugar and give you diabetes. Just terrible when there are much healthier alternatives like deep fried pork chops in cream sauce with a side of scrambled eggs

""""""""""could""""""""""

The funny thing is that an Indian vegan already climbed the summit and returned alive. This case is just interesting because they set up a goal that was totally doable, just to prove a rather vague point, but still failed at it.

>properly done
>vegan diet

I lack the intensity and motivation to spell out why these words put together are complete shit-tardery, but I'm going to assume you've been here long enough to know all the arguments anyways. just do me a favor and stop. nobody likes it when you get like this.

I know the indian vegan you speak of, but in actuality, he ate an entire goat before making his trip.

I don't understand you. I said 'properly done' because plenty of junk food is vegan

Make sure you give them yellow snow.

where is this junk food talk coming from? you mentioned a vegan diet being properly done. this is what I'm talking about. you always get like this.

Nowadays, Mount Everest is so climbable that there's a literal fucking line up the slope. The only people who fail are chronically weak, sick, or incredibly unprepared.

I think we're misunderstanding each other. How about we just let this go?

Sugar is NOT vegan. Bone char is used to bleach sugar.

a proper vegan diet has all the vitamins and macronutrients you need except B12. There's no reason you can't be considered healthy on a vegan diet

Now you DO have to do some fairly extreme things to have the hemoglobin levels of a meat eater and it will be hard to be a bodybuilder on a vegan diet, but unless you are an athlete or an old woman you will be fine as long as you pay attention to things like getting complete protein sources

Not a vegan by the way

Not all sugar

I am not the one you are arguing pointlessly with, but a "properly done" vegan diet is impossible, or it just turns into supplementarian rather than vegan.

The vegan diet lacks vitamin B-12 which must be supplemented artificially, and very low on fats and essential minerals such as calcium, iron and zinc. In order to keep this cycle going, the human body simply resorts to self-cannibalism by atrophy. Skin becomes brittle and covered in fine hairs because the body re-extracts collagen for dietary fat. Muscle atrophies as B12 is extracted. Liver and kidney function ironically becomes reduced as vitamin A is extracted. Calcium is extracted from your own bones. Iron is relentlessly recycled, but heaven help you if you lose any blood, and eventually iron is discarded through defecation (it is what gives shit its brown colour). Ordinarily, assuming you were never vegan prior to going vegan, a vegan human being could live up to 10-20 years essentially supplementing themselves off their body, but it's a very miserable decade or so.

There is also the problem of sodium poisoning and water poisoning - you see, salt is normally not very harmful to the human body. The commonly known RDI of salt is something like 1/3 of what your body normally requires. However, salt is very important for the breakdown of phytotoxins (toxins plants produce to prevent being eaten) - which is why salt licks and salt supplements are very important for herbivores. To have a healthy vegan diet that actually involves vegetables, you have to consume massive massive amounts of salt. The more vegetables you eat, the more salt you consume, the more water you consume, the more pressure this puts on your endocrine system...

Essentially speaking, a vegan diet is a first world bullshit scheme that is fundamentally unsustainable.

Yes all sugar, depending on the point of view your veganism stems from. Brown sugar is just white sugar with the molasses added back in, and even if raw sugar is obtainable in the area, some vegans may object to sugar being sourced from the same factory that produces the other stuff, because they feel they are funding and perpetuating that industry. It's why vegans insist on using stevia and agave nectar and all that other bullshit.

>or an old woman
Actually, a post-menopausal woman would have far less problems with a vegan diet than a woman who has an actual menstrual cycle to deal with.

How do you know if someone is vegan?

They will fucking tell you.
Again
And again
And again

I just meant a generically frail person but yeah that makes sense too

No, its not all sugar. You do not know the industrial process of every single sugar manufacturer

Wow what an original comment, upboat xDDd

Kill yourself you worthless fat sack of fucking shit

Gettin real sick of this shit

tfw feel like a dirty vegan when I buy non-dairy sour cream and almond milk

kill me

those are some fucked up looking goalposts you're trying to erect.

>antinutrients
>carbs that spike your blood sugar
>carbs give you diabetes

>he fell for the paleo meme

Almond milk is good for you m8
it's okay to eat "unnatural" foods; fortified almond milk will give you a lot of what you would lack otherwise

>The commonly known RDI of salt is something like 1/3 of what your body normally requires.

This bit here stands out from the rest of your bullshit as a piece of next level incredible bullshit. Your body needs salt to function, yes, but the amount it needs is so incredibly small that you can get all the salt you would ever need from what occurs naturally in the food you eat.

Your body spent a very, very long time evolving and at no point during all that time did it have access to salt shakers. The RDI of salt is around 2000mg a day, right? You're saying that our bodies require 6000mg of salt a day? Even if you ate nothing but frozen pizza, you'd struggle to get that much.

Literally everything causes cancer, I don't know why people still freak out about this unless they're using motor oil for body lotion or something.

He's right though, the retard is you for blanket claiming white sugar is filtered with bone char.

Did you even finish reading the post that user made?

>triggered little pussy vegans

Yeah, he said that the more vegetables you eat, the more salt you have to eat to "breakdown" the "phytotoxins" and he implies that the only way to be healthy while eating lots of vegetables is to eat 3x the normal RDI of sodium.

Did you even finish reading my post? How is it that your body "requires" ANY amount of added salt when it evolved eating nothing but what occurred naturally?

>le triggered meme

keep going buddy this thread isn't reddit enough for my tastes

Easy, op!

open a package of cauliflower. Place it on a plate. Now you have cauliflower fr dinner! fucking vegan like a pro!

an apple

gluten free water

Activated ice cubes

In Australia, bone char is never used in sugar processing. So not all sugar.

Oreos. Open package, take oreos, stuff in mouth.

>nowadays everest is so climable

You do realize that people have gone up recently for the first time in a few years because of horrific weather? It's literally getting harder

Valiant reply, good sir!

Or female vegan urbanites....

Shepherd's pie with tempeh instead of meat is good

>brave enough
Enough of an asshole, you mean. Everest is buried under a fucking mountain of trash and dead bodies thanks to these eco-unfriendly pricks. Jesus Christ, why are vegans such assholes?

"I'm living the kind lifestyle! FUCK the planet, but at least I get to feel smug and superior for not eating cute widdle cows'n'piggies."

Eat a gallon of dicks.

ah yes because nothing says fuck the planet like eating a diet contributing to deforestation, climate change, & drought...oh wait that's meat eater logic

>buh-but look what OTHER people are doing! That means I'm not a hypocrite!
It's like listening to a religious fanatic attempt to justify all the shitty things they do in the name of their faith. Actually, it's not LIKE that at all. You need to give up your 21st-century religion. At least replace it with something that's got staying power. I hear the Baha'i are pretty nice.

Ironically most people climbing and littering on everest are meat eaters.
I actively pick up trash when I go out, have the most eco friendly diet, and recycle. Nice try tho.
You don't have anything besides hurr durr casting aspersions bc too lazy to actually make a difference.

It's called lawn. Doesnt get easier than this.

>butthurt vegetable detected

>not a single recipe in this thread

>The only people who fail are chronically weak

Like vegans? Yeah we know.

>2011
>still at home neet
>could run up and down the stairs and across the house without making a sound
>now I'm out on my own and stomp like an elephant

I miss my ability.

Grab some rice. Grab some mixed veggies. Cook them together in the microwave/stove/however you feel like doing it.

Grab ranch dressing, apply as much or little as you want. Apply seasoning salt, chili powder for flavor.

Quick, easy, and fairly filling if you're poor like me.

canonically untrue.
despite the popularity of the climb, everest remains one of the most lethal peaks in the scene.
If anything, the increased popularity has fostered the appearance of ease, and attracted more climbers not suited to the difficulty.

you advanced the claim; lets see some evidence.

Is it reddit enough for you yet, friendo?

Chickpea stew

Sautee a can of chickpeas with olive oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, and of course, salt. Once they're getting browned, add a small can of tomato paste and more cumin/coriander, along with some water. Simmer until liquid reduces and the tomatoey paste is fragrant. Serve over rice.

You absolute faggot.