What does Veeky Forums think of vegetable centric cuisine?

If meat became scarce for a prolonged period of time, what would you eat?

Note: you can still buy meat but let's say it's 10-50x more expensive, whichever stimulates your creativity.

To get things started I think the idea of roasted carrots with a demi glaze is an interesting substitute

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N25Zx2pEPhQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>If meat became scarce for a prolonged period of time, what would you eat?
My own limbs.

Would not change my habits, just switch to drinking hobo-tier vodka and L&M cigarettes.

Maybe drive less.

bump

You literally just have to look up "vegan meals" on google to find a lifetime's worth of food.

I used to be like you and figure that if you had to give up meat it would be salad for life, but I realized what a retard I was.

maybe id incorporate more peanut butter or just peanuts in general. maybe a protein powder and just stick to a normal diet after tht

There's lots of other protein sources. I like tofu and beans and all that stuff.

I don't buy alot of meat anyway. I usually go through maybe 18 eggs every week and a half though.

I would hunt. It would cost me less than 2 dollars for the kill, maybe 30 to clean and quarter a hundred plus pounds. I would eat my fill and sell the rest to the faggots too lazy to get their own meat. I would undercut market price by 15-20% and still make a huge profit.

>18 eggs every week and a half
sooo...a dozen a week?

No. Are you retarded? He said 18 eggs every week and a half you dumbshit

No, more like .0714 eggs per hour you retard.

You dont even have to go vegan, just no meat.

i literally lmaoed out loud

How does one cook an egg like this?

it'd be weird if you didn't user

do you honestly not know that lmao is an acronym?

>meat is scarce
>demi-glace

>put fat/oil in pan
>put egg in pan
>mimic video

youtube.com/watch?v=N25Zx2pEPhQ

I think oil is a fat.

>thinks car engines are lubricated by lipids

>implying 5w20 isn't just dinosaur lipids

I aint even black

>he thinks any of our oil came from dinosaurs

I wo take part in the raids to my local butcher, acquire some chicks and a rooster or learn to fish

however those vegan restaurants makes those lemongrass chicken dishes

i'd eat that forever

I love meat but everyone in this thread is a retard. I'd eat beans and rice like billions of other people do.

How exactly do you intend to cost effectively make demi glace if meat suddenly costs 50× more than it does now?

but bones are cheap and always will be

Vegetarians...

Really it would make more sense to eat other meat-eaters.

I know you were just tipping btw.

How do you figure?

How could that be the case? What could possibly lead to the completely arbitrary value increase of meat that wouldn't at all affect the value of bones?

Rare meat
*ba dum crash*

How do you figure, sports fan? Does it make more sense for wolves to eat other wolves?

I only eat meat maybe once or twice a week

Things like curries, pasta dishes, and stir fries make it easy to have a satisfying meal without animal protein

Beans and legumes

OP said meat, not animal products. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, it was the question

Your face doesn't make sense.

NEITHER DOES YOUR BUTT

For me it wouldn't be that different. I wonder how would fast food chains and restaurants adapt, though.
>inb4 falafel and houmous

I'll have you know, friend, my butt holds PhDs in both murderology AND murderonomy.

Degrees from """"""""""""""""""University"""""""""""""""""" of Phoenix don't count.

Been there, done that as a student because buying veggies in bulk is ridiculously cheap.
There's a lot of things to do. Veggies are more varied than meats so you can get creative with composition.
However, making broth as sauce base is harder. But all is good if you can use animal fat and stock.

Even if not vegetarian, this is something more people should try, because it really shakes up your idea of cooking and forces you to try new recipes.
I've "invented" olive tajine stew, and now my friends can't get anough of it.
May drop recipe if someone is intrested.

Post it senpai

Ingredients:
Zucchinis (2-4)
Carrots (5-7)
Celery (3-5 stalks)
Olives (a can)
Peel and slice all that shit in a pressure cooker and let it cook with just a bit less water than what would be needed to cover it.
Fish out the zucchinis and mash them at the bottom of your tajine dish, then add a bit of olive oil and the rest of the veggies and the broth. A bit of broth should be leftover, you can use it as stock, it's tasty.
At this point you can add spices if you want. I just put salt and black pepper.
Put the lid onthe takine and cook in the oven at 180°C for 3 hours minimum (more is better).
Usually serve with semolina.

oh, yeah forgot thyme and rosemary go well with it too (basically everything I tried was in my garden).

the rich will afford meat, you however get their bones from the trash
you get bones from the butchers trash

or you buy them for cheap like they are now because they're literally waste for anyone but chefs?

Is no one going to comment on how sickening that egg looks as it is split, what the hell, I had to watch it three times

we've seen it a thousand times already, it gets old fast

you mean like Canadians who throw murder victims over the fence and the pigs eat everything and then the bacon is better? Like Parma Ham when they feed the pigs the stuff from the cheese? Like that? I need to know.

You redditors are a true blessing. Without your witty rejoinders, things would be pretty, pretty stale.

but it isn't. lipids are biomolecules. biomolecules do not come from the ground.

>sickening
It looks fucking fantastic, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Well, my cat has to have meat, so I guess I'd start sharing her food. And then if I guess that ran out, I'd start hunting. And if the animals ran out, I guess I'd come after you annoying vegetarians/vegans and then feed you to her.

more people are cooking with bones, the price of bones goes up.

Of course he does, it means he lmao'd out loud.