Has anyone here tried to make a baked potato with the butter already injected into it via syringe...

Has anyone here tried to make a baked potato with the butter already injected into it via syringe. It must speed up the cooking time to cook the bastard from inside out, plus flavoring it if you put anything else in your solution.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbqpitboys.com/recipes/potato-bombs#.V0RXKDUrJdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How does butter cook it faster? Butter doesn't generate heat, therefore not cooked from the inside out

.bbqpitboys.com/recipes/potato-bombs#.V0RXKDUrJdg
thank me later.

the butter is heated because it's a baked potatoe in an oven.
If i'm being retarded explain why you're not

The butter won't get any more heated than the potato.

If you want it to cook faster, cut the potato into smaller pieces, or possibly use higher heat.

>If i'm being retarded explain why you're not
what a dumb sentence to read

>butter stays at room temperature in a hot oven

I can't believe the stupidity in this thread.

Have you seen or touched a raw potato before? How are you injecting anything into it? There is no porosity for diffusion of butter.

The "injected" butter will not heat it faster. That is not how thermodynamics/heat transfer work. The butter will be the same temperature as the surrounding body.

>How are you injecting anything into it
syringe read op post
>The butter will be the same temperature as the surrounding body.
AND THE SURROUNDING BODY IS GUNNA CHANGE TEMPS WHEN IT GOES INTO A PREHEATED OVEN

this board is so fucking slow wow

>syringe read op post
It's just going to spurt out around the hole the syringe made if you can even push the plunger down without ejecting the potato. There's no room for the butter to take up, it's not like a turkey where there's gaps and give in the meat.

>AND THE SURROUNDING BODY IS GUNNA CHANGE TEMPS WHEN IT GOES INTO A PREHEATED OVEN
That doesn't mean it's going to cook any faster just because there's butter in it. I think I understand what you're trying to get at, water having a higher thermal density but it doesn't work like that in this application.

you might be the first human to get this idea

just cut the potato in half

Perhaps you could lard it.

You could make a small hole, core the middle, fill it with butter, and then plug the hole back up with a chunk of ham.

I have no idea what the point would be though, other than to serve pre-buttered baked potatoes.

Ham is always the go-to plugging agent of the culinary world.

>If i'm being retarded
yes you are

there are some potato ranches in Utah that are experimenting with spraying the potato fields a few times with clarified butter before harvesting to produce a buttery tasting spud

It was successful with popping corn in Iowa, (it takes 3 full flyovers by a "crop greaser" in two successive days spraying the butter) though the final price makes it expensive due to the rising cost of butter and plane crashes

>itt: retards don't understand basic thermodynamics and can't fathom that oil heats faster than water

all that thermal energy is running up that butter like currant through an electric wire you mongs

>all that thermal energy is running up that butter like currant through an electric wire you mongs

You may understand basic thermodynamics, but you clearly don't cook. Fat is used to conduct heat and evenly cook food - meaning the fat needs to be heated first. Throwing some butter into the middle of a potato that's going to be heated from the outside isn't going to do shit other than give you a potato with melted butter in the middle.

>and plane crashes
wut?

you got trolled, kiddo

I'm a newfag on Veeky Forums, will need to lurk moar for copypasta.

all you need to know for now is that Yellowmug is a faggot

thats the worst version of stuffed potatoes Ive ever seen

You realise he's actually right and butter is a better conductor of heat, as it will be heating a larger area it will cook quicker.

I use copper strings.