How do you cook this? I just usually put in the microwave

How do you cook this? I just usually put in the microwave.

i usually boil it for a bit, then pop it in the crock for 3-4 hrs with some ranch dressing, siracha, and a half cup of heineken. about an hour in, toss in your pineapples. thats traditional chicago style

Jesus fuck, what are you fucking monkeys? I bring my copper pan to hot and then roast it on it until it turns a bit golden, then I remove it from the pan and put a little butter in instead. When it melts I add chopped carrots and roast them. When they are almost done I put it back again, add a little salt, pepper, rosemary pricks and serve it on a plate and garnish it with the carrot enhanced butter.

Godtier and simple.

Is that a rat tail?

raw rat tail, yeah

Why?
What does it taste like?

No skinning?

chicago style, you leave the skin on. im not sure about other regions/recipes?

Make some peet rat goomai candaiii

Fuck off you gay person.

I have 4 pet rats at the moment and have raised more than i can remember. I'm not against eating rats though, as long as i make the difference between social rats and eating rats.
I have eaten many rats that I have kept for that one purpose. Of course I have never allowed the pedigree rats fraternize with the eating rats, partly because I don't want the genes to mix and partly because it sorta feels wrong.

Anyway, I used to keep about 9-10 full grown eating rats at any given time. I fed them fatty foods to keep their weight up. I made sure not to let them live past 7-8 months as older rats are prone to develop cancer, and I'm not willingly eating a cancer ridden rat. At 7-8 months they are fully grown though, and if I start early with fatty foods they will get real juice by that time.

I have several ways that I prepare rats but my absolute favorite is simply removing intestines, tail and head, skinning them and marinate them with chili, cilantro, garlic, salt, black pepper, and a few pinches of dark muscovado sugar. Then I simply put them on the barbeque on indirect heat until they are tender and almost falling apart.
I then either eat them as is or remove the meat and use it in tacos or as a pulled pork substitute on hamburger bread with some bbq sauce, coleslaw and cheese.

I don't eat much rat these days since my economy is bretty decent and I just can't be bothered to breed that many rats for the simple purpose of eating them. But for anyone who's strapped for cash and get past the fact that you're eating a rat, I strongly recommend this as it's cheap, fun, and pretty fucking tasty if prepared correctly.

what is wrong with you people

Sounds yum, never actually thought of using the body, I always just munched on the tails.
What would you compare it to, sounds really tender to me now but not chicken tender.

Well, like most meats people aren't used to eat it's comparable in taste to chicken, only more fatty provided you make them fat.
I never enjoyed the tail though. It always felt like a row of bones and gristle and never palatable even when crisped up.
Like any tough meat, rat meat gets better when cooked low and slow.

The crunchiness is why I like the tails, I almost stopped buying chips and make these instead for a nice evening snack while watching a film.
I guess you just need to find a way to prepare it according to your taste. Me I can't say was a love on first sight either.

You're probably right about it being an acquired taste, but because I always had more than enough of good rat meat I couldn't be bothered.

Do you have a recipe for rat trendies?

heat heat heat

Is it snake? If it is, you have to ask the Chinese.

Since when does snaks have hair?

Not sure who you're asking, but I'm this user I have tried twice to make tenders but I never really got it right. Rats lack muscles large enough to make tenders so your alternative is to cook them until fall off the bones tender and then use eggs and flour and mix with the meat and form into a traditional nugget or tender.
It held together alright and tasted good but It wasn't like when you cut a strip of chicken breast, bread it and fry it. It's more like one of those cheap, processed tenders you find at the supermarket.

It's nice, yes?

Nice, yes.

This thread smells like my dad.

sexy

What the fuck I swear to god this thread

Oh gosh I feel like I'm the only one not in on the joke. That's OK I'm just gonna play it cool.

Yeah rats and their tails! We eat them!

Sick fuck.

Like I said in my post I really don't get why this is disgusting, unappetizing or even weird. The entire south american continent is based on eating rodents so I don't get it.
It's cheap, it's good meat, and it's the satisfying feeling you get when you raise, slaughter and cook your own meat.
People are too squeamish nowadays.

So do you just eat them with bones and all?

If you read the post you'd know I don't eat the bones. I cook them until they get real tender and fall off the bones. Like when you slow cook a chicken.
The meat is comparable to the dark meat on a chicken and has the same applications.
Slow braising a rat with celery, carrots, onion, garlic and thyme makes for a great soup or broth which can be eating as is or used in a risotto.

Eating small animals is easy. I once bought a sack full of frozen frog legs (and hips, and lower spines, because the french faggots were too cheap to separate that part off). Tasted exactly like chicken, except a lot more juicy.

The issue with wild rats is that they're utterly disease-ridden and have eaten so many toxins in their life that their bodies are like a single walking NBC hazard. Heavy metals all up in there, don't get me started on the organics or chemicals. So if you want to eat smaller animals, preferably buy them from a certified place or raise them yourself.

You just treat it like you would treat a chicken, except a little smaller. Skin, gut, cut the head off, so far so standard. Depending on the size, then you either part it out further or just cook it in one piece.

>Tasted exactly like chicken
I've captured and eaten a lot of frogs in my youth and I would describe the taste as a combination of chicken and fish.
Panko encrusted legs are really tasty.

>You just treat it like you would treat a chicken, except a little smaller.
This.
People are quick to dismiss rodents. It's just like cooking chicken, it tastes like chicken, only takes less time to cook, like you said.

Surely this thread is a jest, yes? I'm rarely on this board so I'm not familiar with its tone and how serious people usually are.

Welcome, you jaded fucking /b/ro motherfucker, you.

>rat
>snake
This thread is just full of mouth breathing city fucks who can't tell a possum tail when they see one.

oh, rat tail. i thought it was a possum tail, which is prepared an entirely different way. so yeah, i just boil them first, then used it as a broth. with possum tail, i roast them as they're much meatier.

Does anyone know a good recipe for including rat in my ramen? I'm kind of a poor student and could appreciate the protein. I've noticed that there are some rats that live near my apartment. I've never considered actually eating them, but I don't think I've ever really been given a reason why. I could probably go ahead and just use some of them, right?

pic related, something like this

I prefer to keep Ted Cruz out of my kitchen.

Don't eat those rats. Just go to the pet store or better yet, check ads online for breeders in your area and buy two males and two females.
Keep them in a decently sized cage and let them breed. Keep the mothers and newborns in a smaller, separate cage until the offspring are large enough to take care of themselves. Then introduce them to the large cage.
Feed them your leftovers. Meat and potatoes is a great way to fatten them up fast.

It's so easy and cheap to raise your own meat.

Thought it was possum too, for a minute.
That shit is GOAT, gotta braise it then make a gorgeous gravy with onion celery and carrot. Toss it in a nice buttery biscuit crust and bake for 45 minutes at 350F...shit is cash with some mash.

>The entire south american continent is based on eating rodents

Not here, Mr. Peruvian Turbofaggot.

Charlie's idea of great R&R was cold rice, and a little rat meat.

He had only two ways home - death, or victory.

"cuy" sounds like a word for cupping a vulva but it's actually delicious Peruvian guinea pig

Looks delicious desu

Not necessarily based on eating rodents per se, but i've eaten capybara before and i am not peruvian.
Also Cuis, if you can catch them.
They are ceirtainly not a stable food anymore.