Can someone explain to me why giving a gazillion of these coins away for free isn't a bad thing?

can someone explain to me why giving a gazillion of these coins away for free isn't a bad thing?

Think of it like this, it's like giving out free samples at the beginning of a new project. You don't make money right away, but the more it becomes adopted and used the more valuable it will become. You have to give people (even the poor ones that are the majority) the chance to try them out and see how they work. When they like the system, they'll go all in from there.

Could attract a userbase when done right

can someone explain to me if literally anything produtive is gonna happen with this thing? all I hear is big shilling about the code and ambition, but who the fuck is using it? and when are they gonna start? ripple has like a houndred partners atm

adoption of the standard = consistent volume. I still don’t think it’s gonna moon tho and can’t wait to dump my stack

Same. Out of all the cryptocurrencies, Stellar is actually the only one that I feel has the best team and product. But I'm getting more and more sure that it just won't moon ever, and just drift around the $0.50 range. And all my bags are XLM too

Feelsbadman

Sure worked with Tron didn't it

They're giving the 80% that isn't distributed to niggers in africa, to "bank the unbanked"

>They're giving the 80% that isn't distributed to niggers in africa, to "bank the unbanked"

i'm out. not supporting this leftist nigger bullshit

afaik they havent given out anything like that so far, all they did is say is gonna be like that, put up some atm at a conference, and their new "goals" for 2017 are nothing but improving the network afaik

the question is, when is their buisness model gonna kick in, does anyone actually know?
because xrp is kicking in, and I dont see why the unbanked should choose stellar if ordinary development will have all the advantages of stellar anyway under a different label if they cant actually get their place in the market first

you guys are fucking retarded. hating on ripple for holding their own stash, but stellar is literally a non profit. they want as many people as possible to start using it. the value will come from its adoption, you fucking retards.
if more people use XLM that means it's outcompeting other cryptos. they actually have traction and are targeting the right groups.

besides the thought that putting an atm is gonna do nothing for a slum pajeet shitting in his designated street if the cant do anything with the money anyway. the unbanked are unbanked because its not economical for them, literally any coin can make banking essentially free, so why stellar?

Good choice, even if it goes to 10 dollars it's not worth it, there are other projects out there

exit crypto. you have got to go. youre too fucking stupid for this shit

good argument

Im questioning the concept you tool, who the fuck is using stellar right now, because I dont know, and what makes them stand out when ordinary banking adapts apart from the (((free coins)))?

If this goes to $10 I'm thrilled

I sold at a loss, you can all enjoy FairX.

It won't, but if it did other coins would go even higher
Also Jed McCaleb is known to be an asshole, blackmailed ripple by threatening to sell his tokens, and is controlled by poor man's yoko ono

Why not?

Fairx needs first mover advantage to be viable, the delay fucked it

wait how do you even lose money on XLM? is that why you guys are so mad and dumb in here? too stupid to research or understand anything, buy high, sell low, then cry about niggers and sjws LMFAO
still up so much and even if it stays at 50c forever there's so much good shit coming up on SDEX and already on there

Its more of a "do you seriously think this will succeed because noone else will bank the unbanked when any other coin can do literally the same?"

ripple is getting adopted, I dont know wether stellar is actually anywhere, or when theyre gonna start. having marketshare doesnt mean shit because those investments clearly do not come from the unbanked if stellar has nothing achieved so far

so the question stands, where is stellar being implemented right now? where is it being impletemented in the near future for its actual intended use?
All I know is that the founders of stellar are practically kids. Im not sure wether IBM does anything for them, and I am not sure what they actually have achieved so far, Id like to be enlightened if anyone knows

Because everything jed touches dies, and the 80 billion nondistributed tokens presents an existential risk for holders
IBM has also said multiple times that their use of stellar is temporary until they make their own chain. Stellar transaction fees are so low that there is no incentive to hold.

I'm hoping for $3 desu

I was all in at 2400 sats, finally sold at 4600, i liked it but there's just too many red flags

So why did ETH moon?

I bought at 677 sats

It's a bad thing but bagholders will tell you opposite. That's ultimate shitcoin user.

well thats never coming if noones using it, and even if some one is using it its not supposed to hold value. I just dont get where stellar expects to win its place in the market when all banks in the world are fighting in this war over transaction fees and shit right now, and when clearly everyone has an incentive to gain more customers in whatever way

its run by idiots, it sounds like a feelgood normie idea, it has no support of any financial institution or government I know of, they all are looking in other ways. whos gonna make stellar succeed?

Don't worry user they only have 5 coins to give away for every coin out there. That is only 87000000000 coins!1!

>Bought in at $0.30
>Sold at $0.90 thinking it was ATH
>Bought back in at $0.70 thinking it was ATL
>Still down 40% on initial investment
I got into crypto for this project, but damn is it testing my patience. At this point would be happy for $5 so I can sell and move on, I've had 80% of my portfolio flatlining for months because it's locked up in XLM...

>I've had 80% of my portfolio flatlining for months because it's locked up in XLM...

lol same

>a coin designed to be affordable
>happy with $5

why don't you fuck off?

the xlm price development could ask you the same question

>IBM has also said multiple times that their use of stellar is temporary until they make their own chain. Stellar transaction fees are so low that there is no incentive to hold.

Link

i kno those feels
missed out on that 570 eth

>They're giving the 80% that isn't distributed to niggers in africa, to "bank the unbanked"

Top kek. That's the economic way of saying fuck you to everyone who bought it of an exchange. Expect every single African nigger who can grab a phone to dump it's share of those 80% percent on legit hodlers. Remember the raiblocks captcha farmers dumping their 1 xrb for pennies, causing massive support load, so exchange had to delist the coin? Wair till nigerian scammers and somali lowlife criminals start hitting the exchanges.

Repeat after me
>100 billion supply
This coin is retarded, and anyone who thinks they will 'make it' off this coin is as well
Not a bad project, just bad marketing and set up

I really like this coin and the transaction times are just incredible. But the code base is just such a clusterfuck.
I own about 2k coins but the more i dig around in the code the more I feel uncomfortable.
Code abstraction is a good practice but abstracting code to the point of abstracting abstracted abstractions for abstracts makes trying to understand it all kinda hard.

>~2 months
>'testing my patience'

this. sjw equality bullshit ALWAYS leass to worse outcomes. this is a form of welfare, and the people who will pay for it will be XLM holders through the depreciation of their coins. buy more XLM... drive the price up... watch as the nigerians getting handouts absorb most of that value as the price of the average coin drops. in other words, 'Run you fools'

>mfw a new generation of civil wars start with nigs over XLM

not gonna happen, they are going to give billions of coins away in africa, shit is going down, not up. XLM is one giant virtue signal

Give a source. If this is true I'm market dumping now for anything else.

Check the website, or reddit i guess

how are they giving it fo free?

Source or gtfo

I think the branding puts a lot of people off. It’s just a bitcoin copy from all I’ve surmised (does it even do dapps).. with one good point about trying to reduce electricity costs.

But the fact it’s branded as a moon mission made me balk so damn hard like couldn’t you have just stuck with something vaguely tech-sounding? Stellar! Lumens! 2 the mūn!! It’s so fucking rebbitor it hurts

sauce on this thing about giving XLM to roody-poos?

muh flatlining muh niggers muh jeb...look at the graph, it should be really simple to form your own opinion as to why its not "mooning." And yea whatever, niggers and what not, I get that, I really do. But do you see the value in further indenturing these people and taking advantage of them? Yes, you should. Just as Americans are brainwashed into supporting the very system that fucks them, niggers can be used to create some sort of value system for someone else. IE slavery.

.t a bunch of cucks not involved in the e-slavery trade of the future

Will it moon tho? It could be widely used and remain at 50 cents, right?

I have 38k, will I make it?

no
not right
50ct is alot

How many XLM for a nigger slave?

Alright my niggas look. I sold my XLM after the "roadmap" and haven't touched it since. I almost FOMOd in because of FairX and I'm really glad I didn't. Speaking of which... FairX huh... where... is FairX? oh

oh. oh oh NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

rumor circulating about a 3/5ths commission taking place for every nigger sold with XLM. kinda like discover cashback

not even saying banking the unbanked and drowning this nigs in charity wasn't a smart move. Tbh I think Stellar is one of if not the smartest projects in crypto.

1 play the open source dudes to make them code for free, then force them out by going more and more proprietary (they learned from google apparently)
2 play investors and take their money then
3 dump to poors for free and
4 sell this move as a charity, that way
5 earn the love of SJW and fair trade twats while for real
6 you control the future currency of Africa, the last penny coin amongst continents

Congrats you played everyone and became the Fugger Rothschild Slavery 2.0 Jew King of Africa whem it is mooning (which means annual income increases from 2¢ to 20¢ for the average nig)

Because the billions of dollars Jed is going to get by selling his billions of Ripple is going into XLM.

Subsequently - a major reason not to own any Ripple.

You neets are absolutely braindead and don't deserve to make money. Of course this board is wojak central, there's retards in here actually bashing a team for distributing samples and pushing their product to the masses.
Why is opening an account at every bank virtually free?
Why are there bounty and reward programs for using credit cards?
Why does google offer tens of quality free to use products?
Humans are creatures of habit. You offer them something to reel them in and they will use all your products, forever. If you don't understand this just sell and go buy autist-central link or something

>Why is opening an account at every bank virtually free?
>Bank the Unbanked

wank the unwanked

The founder Jed is a known loser who’s never had a successful project that he hasnt abandoned and his controlling chink wife is a typical jewess and hates his children and doesn’t let him see them. If you trust these people you deserve what is coming.

>A Bitcoin clone
Can you imagine being this retarded? Holy fuck

Open a book called “marketing for
brainlets” and
look up the part on free samples.

Wizards of the Coast gave away tons of Magic packs in the 90s that are now valued in the thousands of dollars, but it created a market for it. Was that a bad idea?

Wow, someone should make an "online exchange" for those cards, could be big

big if true

the problem is that it's not just a few free samples -- it's literally billions of lumens they're giving away