I feel like if we were able to produce peanut butter in such a way that it had the same consistency as regular butter...

I feel like if we were able to produce peanut butter in such a way that it had the same consistency as regular butter, and packaged it the same way, that people would be more likely to put it on things they eat. Are you with me Veeky Forums?

This is essentially what I want it to look like.

You, sir, are a god damned genius.

that sounds reasonable

Just sell it in sticks, it'll stay hard if you keep it refrigerated, like real butter.

almond butter is basically this already

too bad it's like $15 for a tiny ass jar

Peanut butter in a jar is more convenient and spreadable than a stick of butter though...

it is for stuff you wanna dip in PB, but if i wanna spread it on bread or something, i feel like i wouldnt be as bothered if i could just slice a bit off of a PB stick on my counter instead of digging in a jar

This thread is the height of laziness.

What a bullshit statement, just kys.

You would have to add tons of hydrogenated oil to keep it solid enough to mold into a stick. That would be nasty. Good peanut butter has a texture that is easier to store in jars. Individual squeeze bags would be a better idea.

>people would be more likely to put it on things they eat

Yeah, who the fuck puts jarred peanut butter on things, amirite?

reading comprehension level: retard

Holy shit you're stupid

I once had a dumb idea too - but I kept it to myself.

We should totally put regular butter in a jar.
OP you are a genious

I'm drunk, but that made me laugh.

Dumbass alert: it's you.

>cooking steak
>throw in a slice of peanut butter and baste

>wa la satay steak

I don't get it. What's the advantage of making it thicker or solid at room temperature?

The most popular uses of peanut butter are on sammiches or in cooking, and both benefit from the existing viscosity

Anyway, add some of this shit and you solve your problem, even if I don't understand why it's a problem

Would it melt with heat? Like Velveeta does?
See, Velveeta cheese singles are used by my fav local burger chain, but I wouldn't want Velveeta in its paste/liquid form. It's only good for hamburgers, IMO.

The chemical properties of peanut butter will not allow it to "melt" in the way you're thinking. Butter melts because it's an emulsion, a specific subclass of colloid. Emulsions consist of the dispersion medium (in this case, the milkfat/cream) and water (in this case, buttermilk); the water is spread out evenly and homogenously throughout the milkfat and the emulsion holds until sufficient heat is applied.

Peanut butter is actually a suspension, which is also a subclass of colloid, but has fundamentally different chemical properties. When you get down to brass tacks, all it is is extremely finely ground peanut solids suspended in oil (hydrogenated or otherwise), So when you heat peanut butter all you're doing is decreasing the viscosity of the oil; there's no emulsion to break like how heating butter gently allows you to strain it to make clarified butter. There's nothing you can do to peanut butter to change the chemical structure from a suspension to an emulsion.

t. worked in a dairy farm every summer during high school

wait so in america they sell butter in sticks?
german here

How do they sell butter in Germany?

Thank you for posting something entirely irrelevant to the question asked.

not that different but in germany it is more of a block rather than a stick
pic related

are you completely fucking retarded? the first sentence of the post I replied to was "would it melt with heat" and the first sentence of my post included in an elongated form.

What is your issue?

If you follow the thread next time, perhaps you won't make such embarrassing errors as you have, won't miss the point of the question and won't waste your time and effort typing something up that doesn't answer the question asked.
Good luck with that.

>Individual squeeze bags would be a better idea.

You work for a garbage company, don't you?

What is Teebutter and why is it sold in cubes?

Informative
Autistic

I feel like you're the type of person to burn books

Thanks, I actually learned something today. This is interesting.

You're a virgin retard who is too prideful to accept not understanding long words.

>i can't figure out why nobody calls or texts me back i'm such a knowledgeable guy
learn to answer what someone asks you instead of going off on a tangent on shit nobody asked about, 'tist
or tell me about your train set. you tists all have train sets

I appreciate you

>been watching the poster count

samefag confirmed

sure bud

want me to make a webm of the process I took to take this screenshot so you can be sure I didn't just paint over the other (You)s? I'm happy to make you look like as much of a retard as you want.

Sure, go ahead.
That'll also prove that you're a friendless NEET with nothing better to do than miss the chance to answer a question, waste time to run on a diatribe about colloids and waste time to make a WEBM to make poor ol' user look silly. Not sure what others want you to do, but if it makes you feel better, though, I'm all for you wasting your time like that. Go for it. I'm , btw.

The question being asked was "would peanut butter melt like velveeta?". I answered the question in the negative and gave an explanation for why I answered the way I did.

As far as I can tell, you seem content to act like a 7 year old and run around with your fingers in your ears screaming "lalalala your answer isn't relevant lalalala" without any reason why. I feel like it would be equally appropriate for me to have gone off like an actual autist and replied with equally unwarranted statements but I'm doing my best to be nice and it's almost certain that I'm getting baited in the process but I don't mind too much.

>The question being asked was "would peanut butter melt like velveeta?".
Stopped reading right there. That wasn't the question. Pay attention and try again, my colloid-loving amigo.

>>
Anonymous 05/25/16(Wed)15:05:01 No.7711260▶Would it melt with heat? Like Velveeta does?

you get the last word if you want it my brain-damaged compadre.

Are you still not seeing where you're wrong? Would /it/ melt. It. Not peanut butter. It. Can you figure out what 'it' is all by yourself like a big boy, or do you need me to spoonfeed you?

ok dude i'm actually convinced you have downs syndrome so here's an angry timeline of the usage of the word "it" in the scenario currently being argued over.

THE GUY WHO POSTED WITH THE PSYLLIUM HUSK PICTURE SAID "IT", AS USED IN THE PHRASE "MAKING IT THICKER...", IN REFERENCE TO PEANUT BUTTER

THE GUY WHO REPLIED TO PSYLLIUM HUSK GUY USED "IT" TO REFER EITHER TO THE PEANUT BUTTER+PSYLLIUM HUSK MIXTURE THAT WAS BEING SUGGESTED BY THE PREVIOUS POSTER OR TO PEANUT BUTTER IN GENERAL.

SINCE PSYLLIUM HUSK DOES NOT MAGICALLY CHANGE PEANUT BUTTER FROM A SUSPENSION INTO AN EMULSION IT LITERALLY DOES NOT MATTER WHICH ONE HE MEANT BECAUSE EVERYTHING I SAID REMAINS TRUE.

HE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN REFERRING TO "IT" AS IN THE PSYLLIUM HUSK POWDER BECAUSE IT IS SELF-EVIDENT TO ANYONE WITH MORE THAN 2 BRAIN CELLS (READ: NOT YOU) THAT FINELY GROUND PLANT SEEDS WOULD NOT MELT UNDER NORMAL COOKING CIRCUMSTANCES AND WOULD LIKELY CATCH FIRE BECAUSE OF THEIR FIBROUS NATURE.

got it?

I should've left this alone a long time ago because you clearly are beyond saving and I've already been dragged down the retard rabbit hole farther than I ever imagined was possible on this fucking website. if I continue down, I am going to cross the event horizon of the black hole of your stupidity and never be able to return. you are literally the singularity of idiocy.

you are the reason third-trimester abortions should stay legal.

To physicists, peanut butter is just a sphere.

I posted the question and I was asking about the properties of psyllium husk powder, if it (there's that word you're having trouble with again!) being added to peanut butter would make the peanut butter unable to melt back into a more spreadable form. I didn't need anything about colloids. I didn't ask anything about colloids. I asked if. It. Would. Melt.
So you didn't answer the question I asked, you went off on nicens little story time about colloids no one asked for, got pissy and samefagged when you were told no one asked for it and that you didn't answer the question then got full blown mad just now.

Thank you for [finally] answering the question, in a rather mad way, and confirming that psyllium husk powder wouldn't make it solid and unable to melt. Glad I could help you spend all your oh-so-useful NEET time on something constructive.

Both of you are autistic and arguing about peanut butter.

To OP's statement about making bars of peanut butter: how would this be more beneficial than regular peanut butter? I find butter to be harder to spread than peanut butter, though this might be an American pb thing. Also butter is used in cooking a lot more than peanut butter, so being able to cut off a section makes sense, where as I only really know of peanut butter being used as a spreadable or in maybe some cookies and cakes.

>beneficial
Because That stuff didn't melt. It was basically peanut-flavoured tofu. The taste was good, but the texture was a mindfuck. Hence asking about if psyllium husk powder would make peanut butter irreversibly solid or not.

so you want solid cheese-like pieces of peanut butter?

Except that peanut butter in a liquid form already exists, it's called 'natural' and smuckers sells it in every supermarket in america.

Nothing but peanuts and salt. It's so loose after stirring that you nearly need a spoon to get it out of the jar.

"natural" peanut butter just means that the oil the peanut solids are suspended in is non-hydrogenated. which in turn means that the suspension is more unstable and separates fairly quickly at room temperature. it's not "liquid" per se because after you mix it up it looks just like any other peanut butter (though usually a bit more grainy)

Yes, but is it a colloid?