Guys ive made some complex calculations based on bloomberg's data and ive came to the conclusion that in 01 year each...

Guys ive made some complex calculations based on bloomberg's data and ive came to the conclusion that in 01 year each LINK token will provide EASILY 1$ a MONTH in passive income, if youve got a good enough node.

Now that's where my issue is, how can we get a good node? linkpool, which seems the best alternative rn, closed registrations, ive got a lot of FOMO regarding nodes, i dont want to end up in a shit node with my 100k LINK, how i find a good node?

Also, stop focusing on price, focus on node income, thats where the real money and valuation comes from

We can always just make a Veeky Forums node right? I have over 300K link myself - thats 1/1000 current supply. how much do you think this entire board has?

I'm down for a Veeky Forums node. Let's find some software engineers that lurk on some of these other boards.

I have fear of losing my link if putting into node. is hacking a risk?

Well im sure there is a LOT of link in biz, easily over 5% total supply, maybe even more.

Challenge is finding ppl with tech background and time avaiable to set up a pool, as well as competent enough to run the node once everything is up.

Yes, it is. Linkpool claims theyere being diligent so hacking risk is minimal, but it always possible.

do we know what requirements a link node has? (also owning 100k link)

This is the most effective fud possible

Good, I hope all normans sell
Only autistes like me should get rich of crypto
that's why you meme hard on telegram

literally the gayest logo in crypto. no wonder nobody is buying this shit

I have a PhD in crypto economics and mathematics. Crypto incentives in Chainlink are a legitimate concern. I saw Ari Juels speak at a conference recently where he mentioned tokens and asked him about the token economics of a node staking system like the Chainlink network is planning to use. The problem is that node operator incentives are fuzzy at best and not even figured out fully by the team (see the gitter for Steve stuttering about this). When I brought it up to Ari Juels, I told him that in the way the network is expected to be used, the fees payable to node operators would actually decline as requests become more ubiquitous because as the network grows it becomes cheaper to use. This makes sense if you took a few advanced cryptoeconomics courses. Ari admitted that it was a great question but that they were "actively pursuing research in that area." I sold my LINK immediately after that and saw a significant dump on the binance charts. It's pretty clear these guys are pulling you along making you think they're doing something revolutionary when the incentives aren't even fully determined yet.

>linkpool gets hacked
>half of the board is now peniless

I have 25k LINK and don't know what a node is

this would apply to any POS system including Ethereum itself

can you break this down for a retard like me?

OP, can you share your reasoning behind your $1/month estimate?
Also, what price per link would accompany a return of 1 dollar per month? Based on payback period for node purchasing, the price could be anywhere from 3 bucks (3 months until your node pays for itself) or several years, leading to a price of up to 30 or 30 dollars. How long does it generally take a mining rig to pay itself off?

i wouldn't put my linkus into anything that isn't a decentralzed on-chain immutable setup. I'm not sure how linkpool works but if people have access to the keys it could and will fail

LINK is a shit investment and you should market sell.

somewhere between

and
why would increased use result in network becoming cheaper to use?

presumably more competition between node operators will force others to charge less

this is pasta fud older than time itself

Thanks just sold 100k

OP pls answer

thanks for your work in the field Lieutenant General

thank you

link operates outside the bounds of time and space

It's a copy pasta. Crazy isn't it? Now FUD is so easy to manipulate people? He literally just copy pasted and we have people who have doubts.

Now imagine real investors coming in there trying to learn about ChainLink and all they find is FUD. Yeah..

i was trying to deFUD by saying it doesnt make sense

thanks

>1 year each LINK token will provide EASILY 1$ a MONTH in passive income
Lmao not in a million years

Lets say I want to make a 100k LINK node, you're saying that I'll be making $100k every month and $1.2 million in a year.

Realistically, I'd be surprised if 100k node made $1k a month.

Linkpool will secure your LINKs in a smart contract that only you can withdraw from using your PK. I'm sure they'll release the code for the contract or if it's on Eth network then you can view the code yourself.

Linkpool has been very transparent in what they're doing. They've been working on this since a week after ICO. Johnny lists everything they had to consider and what purchases and subscriptions they had to get in order for it go up and running and be able to support so many nodes. Look up their Medium profile. They have a few posts. Join ChainLinks unofficial Telegram and come ask us questions.

Just sell now you cuck. it's gonna be a lot more than just 100k a month

What coin is this and how can I mine it?

>Catalog
that's good to hear. I like the idea of a link pool quite a bit so i will do some more research

I mean, he has a PnD in Crypto economics and Mathematics tho....

Oh man this is starting to look like etherium when it was a few dollars. There was so much good copypasta fudding ethereum it would throw off the new people learning about it.

This. I've also my stack is also 100k+, I looked at Linkpool, but would be reluctant to send my coins somewhere someone else controls.

Yeah I hear crypto economics is the new money maker PhD to get. I'm taking bitcoin integrated calculus this semester.

600k link here. would participate.

Fuck though, you both make me feel old being so new wtf

600k for real?

I thought I'd seen all the link pasta... lol

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept of nodes. obvs a brainlet

what the fuck are you 14?

2nd lt. here and I would participate in a biz node

LINK is Veeky Forums crack, plain and simple.

>Plausible but overly technical use case that makes people investing in it feel smart
>Plausible relationships between coin creators and an existing industry that make people investing in it feel smart
>Plausible "industry insider" LARPers who come to Veeky Forums to divulge SECRETZ, which convinces the aforementioned wannabe-smartypantses that they're part of something revolutionary that has flown under the radar so far

Truth is, the decentralized oracle problem doesn't have a market yet, and won't for many years.

We're at a phase where smart contract adoption will happen regardless of centralized/decentralized oracles, because smart contracts solve several existing business problems. No one gives a fuck whether their oracle is centralized or decentralized yet, and when Linkies realize they're investing in the crypto equivalent of the Sega Dreamcast, LINK will dump faster than anything you've ever seen.

The Wojaks will be delicious.

What the fuck is a node

Think of a node as a server. Everyone can be a server. The sever literally "serves" data to it's requestors. Companies (requestors) want data to go in a smart contract so they will choose a "server" (node) to deliver that information to them based on what kind of information a "server" will serve. So I could be a "server" that only supports data that's coming from NASDAQ for example. Or I'll support NASDAQ and the weather in Egypt. Some company for some reason want to know the weather in Egypt (let's say insurance company). They will choose me as a node because I can serve that data to them. I will have a price set to deliver that data so when I deliver the data the company will pay me automatically.

That's pretty much what a node does. The thing about ChainLink is that a company would like to know the weather in Egypt from multiple people instead of only one because for some reason they think I will lie to them.

Anyone can be a node. You don't even need LINKs to be a node! You can setup a node and start collecting LINKs. However, high priority jobs that will come from banks for example, would require a certain amount of collateral in case you delivered wrong data. So those high paying jobs require you to "stake" your LINKs in your node so if for some reason you don't deliver the data you promised you will deliver you'll get some of your LINKs deducted.

Join the Telegram. Come ask us questions!

I wonder does the rest of the world know there is an autistic internet commune that thinks sergey and his scam blocks are going to be the next technological revolution

Holy shit

>be me
>50k LINKlet
>would like Veeky Forums node

With the endless amount of use cases, it makes sense to have 18 decimal places. I understand everyone being conservative with their estimates... but holy shit... the $1000 meme seems conservative to me.

I have 10k

Will you sell at $10 , or $100... ?

thank you for the detailed response. this makes me happy, because it's basically how I've been explaining it to my friends as I try to understand it. I'm not a programmer so some of the tech is over my head. but I think I understand the concept.

which chainlink telegram is your?

>linkpool, which seems the best alternative rn, closed registrations
wtf it's actually true
holy shit glad I registered.

1715 Linklet reporting for duty

Only 3k link i am not going to make it.

Aww, 1% doesn't beat inflation rate unless we're talking 1% / month

Yes, that's the monthly ROI he's talking about.

I have 67 LINK

T-thats enough right guys?

Explain this shit to a noob. How does chain link give you passive income? What happens if I put like $10k in.

10-12% (-3% inflation) isn't terrible, it would be like having a decent index fund if this actually takes off, still, that's not moon mission money unless you've already sunk a significant amount into this which is high-risk as it is. If only I could see the future...

lol I remember that feeling when it also dawned upon me, welcome user

We can only guess right now what the return would be. Even the guys and Linkpool can't figure it out this early because we don't know what kind of customers will Chainlink have when it goes live.

It safe to assume that the network won't have huge traffic in the beginning but at the same time this would allow the nodes to accumulate a lot of LINK while it's still cheap but then the value of that LINK would explode later.

YOU LOSE IT ALL DONT BUY THIS COIN YOU STUPID FUCK

Are you trying to swindle me out of millions? Fuck you trickster, bought 100k.

The thing is, where do the node operates get their information. Let's say I wanted to provide the weather in Cairo, amongst other weather services. Can I just get that info from the internet & pass it on to whichever company needs it?

>tfw only 300
W-We're gonna make it too

You have to travel to Cairo, take a picture of yourself holding a thermometer, and text it to the company once a day for however long they made the contract.

Link is just a token though. let's be real

Its a 3 way system combining
- Analogue data (camera thats mounted on a thermoter)
- Digital data (weater satalite)
- Social data (twitter messages about temperature)

This data is combined in a google spreadsheet, a server in the datacenter from Sergey reads the values and passes it as an email attachment to your desired email adres

I hold LINK but I hate this meme
18 decimal places is the standard amount for any ERC20 token

user, inflation only applies to fiat investments. Crypto is inherently deflationary