Sup, Veeky Forums...

Sup, Veeky Forums. Due to a combination of poor planning and bad luck I find myself in the terrible position of being shit poor. Luckily(?) I found out about this during a trip to the grocery store, so I just might be able to live until the end of next month with what I've bought. Why this matters to you is the fact that I'm going to be posting my meals here in order to push down my crippling anxiety over the fact that I have 2 dollars to my name. Also, I am not a skilled chef at all and will not be listening to input. Enjoy! We start with ramen.

I didn't buy the ramen specifically for this situation, I just happened to get a box of it about a month ago, which is lucky. There have been L33T RAMEN HAX posted here since time immemorial, so I guess this is my chance to test what I remember. I'm using some spicy ramen, kamoboko, sesame oil an egg and some pork steak that I got cheap.

So I guess I'm going to cook this pork steak first. Here's some sea salt I'm put on both sides, then I left it to drop to room temperature.

I put it in a skillet with some canola oil which is...correct? I never really use cast iron skillets.

That's turning brown, all right!

OK, should be good...but of course it isn't. Back in it goes!

Welp, in the meantime I'll get started on this ramen. Assed the shitty vegetables and half of the spice packet.

As a fellow poorfag I feel you bro.

Keep fighting the good fight friendo

WHERE'D YOU GO??????

He died of starvation

Start by not wasting your money on novelty items, and spending it on actual food.

Sorry, my router freaked out. I was afraid for a second that my internet got cut off, and this would be a bad time for that.

In any case, I put some sesame oil in, probably around 2 teaspoons. I figured I'd taste the broth at the end to see if I wanted to add more of the original flavor packet, but I added a lot of other stuff so it turned out fine.

Cut up some pieces of kamoboko to add. I'm assuming that this is what means by novelty items, but it was real cheap and easily accessible (I live in Hawaii so that may be why. It also informs why having no money is a big problem for me).

Being poor in Hawaii sounds like it could be pretty dope. There's a lotta youtubers that go out there and hunt fruit.

Ah fuck, some of these are flipped.

Well the pork steak is done. At this point I realized that cutting up this entire fucking pork steak into my ramen was probably a terrible idea, so I guess I'll be figuring out what to do with half of a pork steak tomorrow.

please post your inevitable ice sandwich

Yeah, everyone who lives here hates those people. There are a fucking ton of homeless people in Hawaii right now, and some think that those youtubers are just encouraging them.

Tossed in the chopped up pork steak and kamoboko. Not quite sure that mixing all these flavors is a good idea, but it remains to be seen.

Letting it cook for a bit. I am eternally fucking pissed at myself for forgetting to buy any kind of vegetables. I may actually need to try and borrow like ten dollars and pick up some bags of baby spinach or something.

We'll see in 4 weeks!

All right, now it's time to drop that egg! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any good way to hold a camera and do an egg drop at the same time, so this is slightly post drop, as the thing cooks.

And this is the end product. The broth tastes better than expected! The sesame oil was a tiny bit strong, but some of the spice from the original packet peeked through and was pretty good. The noodles absorbed the broth pretty well after I waited about a minute, and they didn't swell up too much. All in all it was about 7/10 would make it again.

>lotta youtubers that go out there and hunt fruit

Former Hawaii user here.

People that come to Hawaii thinking they can sleep on the beach and live off the land are hated just as much as yuppies who buy up all the property near the ocean and turn it into vacation rentals that go vacant half the year, driving up the cost of living for everyone.

Seriously, it's a handful of tiny islands with limited space and resources, and you can't pretend to be a hippie and go live off the grid like you can in Alaska. I never really understood it growing up, but now I understand why there's still a sovereignty movement. Add to that, you'll get your ass handed to you if you wander up the wrong valley "hunting for fruit".