ITT: Post things you didn't know were weird to do until you got roommates

ITT: Post things you didn't know were weird to do until you got roommates.

I put the egg shells back in the carton.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ixz3E5eG80s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>leftovers with vegetables in them
Apparently they will release acid in to the food and are unhealthy, I dont give a fuck though
>having separate sponge for cleaning dishes vs counter
>keeping eggs in fridge
>keeping ginger in fridge

I didn't know it was weird to shit in the shower and smush it through the grate to check for undigested food/digestive problems.

I like to clean as I'm preparing a meal.

That's not that strange. Once something's in the oven, what else are you supposed to do?

My flatmates never do. I always end up doing all of their dishes and scraping food of theirs that splatters on the wall and stuff off while I cook.
They're from a different culture so I guess a dirty kitchen is normal for them, but they don't clean up and when they do they end up just smearing things everywhere.

I have lived with such people, and I say Never Again.

I put egg shells in an already-finished carton and use them as plant fertilizer. Save spent coffee grounds as well.

Egg shell shards can also help keep slugs away.

>egg shells
I walk on them around my wife almost daily.

Growing up my family put so much unnecessary shit in the fridge like peanut butter, jams and spreads, bottled sauces, etc. Wasn't until I moved out that I found out that was weird. On the opposite side of food hygiene, having cats on the table at meal times growing up was perfectly normal, toxoplasmosis be damned.

>they will release acid in to the food and are unhealthy

wut.

egg shells back in carton is a no-no in my book

spent food rich in protein belongs in the trash, you're just begging for bacterial growth and infection.

even IF the fridge slows growth, say there's some off-gassing or you slop some egg whites on the carton somewhere, a carton is pretty close proximity, and closed quarters. the bacteria hits the carton and spreads onto the other egg's shells. then you reach in and get the unused eggs, bam, salmonella on your fingertips, say you don't wash your hands and you get an itch on your lip, or you decide to chop onions and rub your eyes, fuck m8

on the other hand, how many times do you go rummaging through your trash? I'll bet it's less than the amount of times you go for a fresh egg. throw that shit in the trash bruh.

think of the super-bacteria you're breeding

reddit: the post

>saw this posted on fur chans a thousand times
>If I post it I will be clever though

plebbitors grew up and married a woman?
awww

Are you me?

Drink a glass of milk with my meal. Or if it's hot, just whenever.
I thought everyone did this. It's milk, it's a tasty drink not just a cereal moistner / tea whitener

Eating raw mushrooms on their own.

my roomate puts fucking honey and syrup in the fridge but not eggs (they are supposed to be fridged in europe).
then again he cant cook for shit, his "chili" literally consists of tomato puree and kidney beans - he doesnt even add salt.

When I was around 12-13 yoa, my favorite meal was spaghetti and an ice cold glass of milk.

Now it's beer and steak.

Having a clean kitchen and food prep area is not cultural. There are neat people and slobs mixed throughout the general population of humans everywhere. We are all, for the most part aware of basic food sanitation everywhere in the world. Some people just don't care at all. Some people care too much.

Only white people drink milk I've found.

We heal faster than others. Drinking milk makes you like the Wolverine.

Did you discover this while showering with your roommate?

Hmm. I've heard an Asian lady and some black people say we smell like "sour milk." I wonder if that's part of it, since white people have higher tolerance for dairy than Asians.

But, then, I've hear claims we smell like dog, too. Which I don't get.

>my roomate puts fucking honey and syrup in the fridge but not eggs (they are supposed to be fridged in europe).

What ? No, at least not everywhere in europe. Frenchfag here, no supermarket sells eggs in a fridge compartment, and there isn't even a hard expiration date, just a best before date.

I also knew a guy who actually harvested eggs from his own farm and he'd just laugh when he saw people put them in the fridge.

in europe (or at least where i live) eggs only get brushed, not washed like in america, keeping the natural protective layer of the egg intact. you can store the egg at room temperature as long as this layer is intact, afterwards it is recommended to refridgerate them.
thats why supermarkets can sell them at room temp but its convenient to immediately put them into your fridge

Okay I didn't know about that i'll look into it. I actually always put them in the fridge (mainly because I don't have room to put them anywhere else really) but I know it's never made a difference if they weren't.

I also have an egg white in a glass in the fridge which i have no idea what to do with, has been there for months probably and looks the same as when i put it in. Suggestions welcome.

Niggers?

Eggs last longer refrigerated. I know. Facts suck.

Probably because we can drink it and enjoy the taste without feeling like puking our guts up.

Cracking eggs cornor to corner
youtube.com/watch?v=ixz3E5eG80s

My mom kept bread in the fridge because we had a pretty nasty mouse infestation.

>>keeping eggs in fridge
Actually the proper thing to do if you're 'murrican. The protective bloom is washed off supermarket eggs before they're sold, so refrigeration is needed to prevent bacterial growth.

>things you didn't know were weird
Christianity

thank god that's over with

>that shut-in who gets triggered by urban trends from the dinosaur age
Tell us how you feel about this hip new sushi thing, cleetus

it's not 2006 anymore m8

Putting chips in the fridge.

Putting tortillas and butter in the fridge. I still don't have roommates but I noticed this isn't the norm, yet my parents do it.

Depends who you ask. In the midwest it's probably not even 2006 yet. I was in Chicago last year and they're still going crazy over banh mi and there are actual fixie stores. Yes, STORES just for fixies.

breads don't do well in the fridge but they freeze well

Didn't south park make a joke in 2006 about a guy from 1996 they sent to Iowa so he could feel at home?

Not sure, I don't own a television, or a microwave, or a cage. I renounced trashy things in the late 90s.

All of those are completely normal things to do

I looked it up, it was 3 years ago and in 1999. They shipped the guy off to Des Moines

Indians?

Do you put toilet paper back on the roll after you use it too?

Chinks?

obviously meant for

salmonella is already on the outside of the egg tho, that's where it is

I used to love milk too but I stopped because I got problems with tonsil stones. Haven't had a tonsil stone since I quit.

Where would you put butter if not in the fridge?
You know that it melts at room temperature

It gets soft at room temperature but it doesn't melt fully into a liquid. That's the whole point of storing it at room temp: it's readily spreadable. It lasts for several days as well. The idea is to leave out the amount you will use before it goes bad.

Are you american?
Here in italy we use it more as a cooking ingredient than as a spreadable and there's no reason to keep it outside

>Are you american?
Danish.

>>cooking ingredient than a spreadable
Yeah, I cook with it often too.

Cooking.

I've never had roommates who cooked much besides maybe putting a frozen pizza in the oven once in a while. And apparently it's not just me, among people I've worked with, single guys generally don't cook, they survive on fast food until they get married, then they have to learn a few basic things to help with the family.

What really blows my mind is how many people I know/have known live paycheck to paycheck, but think nothing of spending $15/day on fast food.

>But, then, I've hear claims we smell like dog, too. Which I don't get.
Because whites have dogs. Asians eat them; Blacks fear them.

What's it like living amongst trailer trash?

I like my food slightly burnt

I just went through this the other day with a friend. Milk is just something I drink with a meal and my friend was acting like it had to be paired with only certain foods. "Chicken and milk? That sounds weird man"

My mother does this shit. I really do not know why, other than to put them in plants later.

Not that user, but that really isn't trailer trash nowadays.
It's the norm among 16-26 year olds.
Especially if they're in college. Not because they're poor (even though they probably are), but because parents just don't teach their kids how to cook (if their parents even taught them how to cook). And even then, we've had a lot less stay at home parents in the past several decades so they don't have as much time to cook for the family.
I'm 20 and I'm only just now learning how to cook, and only because I'm teaching myself. On top of that, I know very few people my age that know anything about actual cooking above heating a digornio or making ramen/beans/velveeta.

I learned it from my mom. She doesn't even use them for fertilizer, it's just where they go until you throw them away.

cum inside it a few times, make a protein omelette with it and then give it to a homeless

>the people I'd encounter who'd pour the milk first before the cereal

Where does a strange habit like this even come from?

Now I dunno who's weird between us here but one of my old roommates never peeled his carrots
I even used to chuck out the chopped ends while he wasn't looking if we were cooking to eat together or else I know he'd put them in without thinking

I used to also cook with another friend who told me off for cutting off mushroom stalks

Your friends are right; you're wrong. Mushroom stalks and carrot nibs are fine, and peeling carrots is pointless and irritating. Do you peel your potatoes, as well?

eat my cereal with water. autistic roommate had a two week shit fit when he saw me. wouldn't let it go. just wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

The "no stay at home parents" thing has been going on for fifty years, do you honestly think there was some social revolution that happened in 1998?

Maybe in your part of Italy. My family always keeps butter out. We have it on bread with jam at breakfast.

Eat bread with every meal. Most-to-all Italians do. Pasta. Risotto. Roasts. Doesn't matter what it is, bread will be served with it.
I went to university in America and friends looked at me as though I had seventeen heads because I got some bread to eat with a plate of beef-and-broccoli and fried rice.

>I always end up doing all of their dishes and scraping food of theirs that splatters on the wall and stuff off while I cook
Why do people put up with these kind of slobs. I'd force them to clean their shit (food splatter) or let it all sit until it gets in the way (dishes).
Fucking ridiculous that grown adults still can't clean after themselves. Unbelievable.

I didn't shit in the shower until I was 19 because /b/ made me think it wasn't a terrible fucking idea but boy was I wrong.

Nothing really happened, I just had to deal with the smell of my own shit while trying to dissolve/squish it down the drain, never again.

I drink milk, but it's a poor match for any hot meal. As well as reacting with acids, it coats your tongue and dulls your taste.

Unless you're in America, they last two months out of the fridge. How long do you want to keep them?

Just don't let your cats walk in your food

>grown adults
>roommates

It doesn't go soggy as quickly because most of it ends up floating on top.

Egg shells aren't an effective plant fertilizer, but they will slay the shit out of slugs and snails that try to invade your garden.

>Eating wings with some black coworkers
>I'm the only white guy
>One of them pipes up about his mouth being on fire
>"Just drink some milk."
>Milk with wings? Shit man that's weird.

Isn't drinking milk after like the third lesson in "Eating Hot Shit 101?"

I never refrigerated my ketchup, but now I do.

An autist clearly lives in your house, but its not a roommate of yours.

>niggers
>logic

>they're still going crazy over banh mi

Lolwhat. Literally nobody cares about banh mi.

>actual fixie stores

You mean bike stores?

Red sauce with milk is a godly experience. I still drink milk with pizza when I eat it for that reason.

Banh Mi was big in Minneapolis when I was in college there a couple years ago. Don't know if it's the same now.

How did them being black help the story at all? Why include that?

>Only white people drink milk I've found.

I assume that comment was because of the context of the conversation that occurred previously you illiterate retarded nigger.

Why does the color of the cock up your ass matter? Why do you always insist on black?

>visit Veeky Forums years ago
>at the time was a hungry skelly newfag
>learn about SS+GOMAD
>drink like 4 cups of milk per day easily
>don't get smelly farts
>got big and strong
Someone please check my privilege

>77

checked

Thanks

>666
He's unstoppable

>my mom didn't complain about my farts so they weren't smelly
Cool story Jamal

By don't get smelly farts I meant I didn't get farts at all, Pajeet

I'm from Chicago and I get hard for banh mi

My roommate always flips the toilet paper roll backwards on the spindle and i always correct it. It's a little bathroom battle that we have but we have never talked about it

This is not weird, at least imo

I always wash dishes directly in the sink but my housemates all use a plastic tub in the sink and think I'm weird.

i put egg shells in the garbage disposal and my roommate went off on me about how weird it was

this is the same guy who got mad that i use wrinkle shield on the dryer because it "wastes power".

Post more chicks with dicks, cleetus