What's a better way to cook a steak?

What's a better way to cook a steak?

Pan or Grill?

pan because I do not own a grill

cast iron pan > grill > pan > oven

I'll grill if I've got chicken or burgers, to give the charcoal or wood flavor to inferior meat that could use the help
steak i'll pan fry because it's good by itself

Depends on the steak.

Boneless? Pan.
Bone-in? Grill.

Did you make a new thread because you got called out for not knowing the difference between pan frying and searing in your last thread?

This is good advice, the bone prevents it from laying flat enough for a pan

Charcoal grill > Broiler > pan > gas grill

If the broiler is hot enough, it'll caramelize the meat the best without burning if it has a grate for the juices to drip through.

Pan is good for more caramelization than a grill, and you can make a pan sauce with the drippings but it has the tendency to burn the drippings if your steaks aren't 1" thick or more, since you need high heat for caramelization if they're thinner steaks.

Charcoal grills are best for the smoky flavor the meat gets, you can't really replicate that with other methods. Gas grills are still perfectly fine to use, but don't seem to have any advantages other than being less likely to burn since drippings from the meat fall through the grates instead of staying in the pan.

No i bought some ribeye steaks and have a gas grill and a pan but i hate the smoke

This. Gas grills are honestly a meme.

Almost the perfect power ranking, TBPQHF. Might I suggest a correction?

Charcoal grill > Broiler > pan > dying of starvation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gas grill

Josper grill.

Charcoal grills are overrated for cooking steak. You're not cooking it long enough for you to get any smoky flavor. All you get is charred bits and the aroma of stale smoke. You barely get a crust. It's good when cooking for a lot of people and kids, but to get a restaurant quality steak consistently you need a pan.

Cast iron pan > Grill > Broiler

>cast iron boat anchor
>not much thinner forged iron with way better heat transfer
Weight reduction bro

>Pan or Grill?
I'm confused, what's a grilled cheese then?

>You barely get a crust
Maybe you should use real charcoal then? My grill gets to nearly 950f so I get a real nice crust, I dont know what makes you think that its not possible, aside from your obvious stupidity.

>thesoundofonehandclapping.jpg

>how dare someone point out that my kingsford blue bag doesnt get as hot as lump charcoal!
Good post.

Cast iron skillet.

I'm a grill btw

sous vide

>hurr durr idk what surface area is

kek

Pan with a shit ton of butter.

Depends on the cut? More fattier pieces are better on the grill and lean is good for the pan/oven/withdrawal in foil combo?

My sides.