ITT: food you only eat when people are visiting from out of town

ITT: food you only eat when people are visiting from out of town

for me, it's got to be deep dish pizza. everyone I know eats tavern cut thin crust (AKA Chicago style) whenever they get pizza, and saves the deep dish for visitors

What about you, Veeky Forums? Is there a food in your city that the people who live there don't really eat?

pic related, what anyone who is actually from Chicago thinks of when they hear "Chicago style pizza"

This is truly how you meme. Reverse the meme when it is in top gear. Go thin crust chicago style man, go!

While generally true, Chicago thin crust kind of sucks. I'd much rather do deep dish.

no it doesn't

I like to order an extra large Za" when in chicago, but i wash it down with some o naturaaal h2o.

>when in chicago
kek, fucking tourists are pathetic. it's a good thing our city is go great so you yokels have somewhere to go that isn't a cornfield or a strip mall.

Every thin crust I've ever had was greasy as fuck. They cut it into stupid squares, and sometimes they put the toppings under the cheese so that the entire cheese layer slides right off when you take your first bite.

I prefer a thin crust pizza, but Chicago just isn't very good at making them.

Sorry it's not the 'troit 'za you're used to, Ahmed. You must have been so confused seeing a piece of pizza that wasn't 98% of dough.

>i prefer a thin crust pizza

Detroit style is even worse than Chicago thin crust.

>'t 'a fag tries to pretend he does love 't 'a
Can't fool me, Raheesh.

Chicago hot dogs, I never eat them until my family visits. I usually go the fancy joints and order it deconstructed though.

Kek is that sum Elio's?

I eat a dog from Portillo's probably twice a month.

You can also get charcuterie boards that look much better than that all over Chicago.

get your eyes checked

Kek you're so mad that goza closely resembles Elio's

>circles closely resemble rectangles
Are you okay, little buddy? You're not making any sense. Are you having a stroke?

Kek you're so mad that you claim Elios is goza because you're ashamed of pic related

What is Elios? I only know about Ellio's.

Kek i know you do, you claim it's real goza

hahaha, well meme'd! I too enjoy browing memecenter.net

For me, it's Hofbrau (aka massive amounts of roasted meats ) and Goddamn sushi.
The ONLY reason I have a problem with those is that the people who visit won't listen to what is recommended to order, and order the dumbest shit, and then I have to listen to them bitch about it.

If I wanted my square cut deep dish burnt on the edges, I'd shove some Little Ceasars under the broiler on high.

that's 'troit 'za, not 'go 'za

That pic is Detroit style PIZZA. idk what the fuck "'za" is, dumb fucking stoners.

why you gotta hate on the 't 'a?

GDIAF

I generally avoid eating cheesesteaks unless out of towners are in because if I ate them on the regular I'd balloon to 500 lbs.

I also had a few nice restaurants in Philly that I only go on someone else's dime

What do you have against pizza?

>Chicago Style
kek.

>Detroit Style.
kek

>reddit
kek

It's what people from Rhode Island think people from Chicago talk like.

>make round pizza
>cut into squares
Jesus Christ, even when Chicago tries thin crust pizza, they fucking fail at it.

On topic, my hometown is apparently well-known for its turnips. When people hear where I'm from, they're all "Oh, hey, do you like turnips? I hear they're really good from there!", but in my entire life, I have never heard of this, nor eaten a locally-grown turnip.

>tries thin crust pizza
We've been eating thin crust here a lot longer than deep dish.